DummiGAN

Note the spelling. None of this Dummingham nonsense please. 

As a side note though - he's had a real upturn in form, I've seen some critique his performance tonight but I actually think he did a very very good job, where he is outnumbered 2 to 1 each time because we're essentially playing without a right midfielder. That's three games in three that I've seen he's been up there in contention for MOTM just being pipped by other standouts. 

Like i say, just thought he deserved a mention because he seems back to his solid best hopefully. Bar the odd slip which he did make in all fairness tonight. 

5 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Note the spelling. None of this Dummingham nonsense please. 

As a side note though - he's had a real upturn in form, I've seen some critique his performance tonight but I actually think he did a very very good job, where he is outnumbered 2 to 1 each time because we're essentially playing without a right midfielder. That's three games in three that I've seen he's been up there in contention for MOTM just being pipped by other standouts. 

Like i say, just thought he deserved a mention because he seems back to his solid best hopefully. Bar the odd slip which he did make in all fairness tonight. 

Agreed, I mentioned it on here last night when someone proposed Wilson got a recall at rightback, Wilson would get absolutely roasted the way we currently set up.

Hes been given a tough job as Byrne will rarely prrovide any real cover and hes stood up to it well. It could be understood if he didnt get forward much due to this but hes still managing it and was outstanding last night. 

My MOM and a flashback to when he first came in on loan. The style we play allows him to push on which suits his game more so than that Shez reverted to towards the end. 

We are short on the right side as both Byrne and Gardner are playmakers who prefer to play centrally, with Fane sweeping behind them.

To amend this sysyem would mean breaking up a trio that has been working well.

Indeed Dummigan has coped admirably with often left 2 on 1.

McLaughlin is due back soon and how that will affect things tactically is open to question.

Thought Green put himself about well too in his cameo after a long lay off.

Against Blackburn I was worried when he was constantly 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 but he seemed to cope (just about) even after he got that soft yellow when Conway (i think) was playing for the foul like he did all game.

He copes well and is somewhat of an unsung hero because he allows other players to play to their strengths

Still can't help but feel it's a weakness of ours that could be exploited and he needs more assistance

3 minutes ago, cmr said:

Against Blackburn I was worried when he was constantly 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 but he seemed to cope (just about) even after he got that soft yellow when Conway (i think) was playing for the foul like he did all game.

He copes well and is somewhat of an unsung hero because he allows other players to play to their strengths

Still can't help but feel it's a weakness of ours that could be exploited and he needs more assistance

Although if the opposition overload on the left they are going to be short in other areas where we should exploit.

He's alright but, assuming we can keep the rest of the side together in January, I'd be amazed if Richie isn't thinking that's the first position he needs to strengthen...

I can see McLaughlin getting a go there too once fit...

Then again - if there's a better left back available than there is a right back maybe switch Hunt over...? 

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agreed, I mentioned it on here last night when someone proposed Wilson got a recall at rightback, Wilson would get absolutely roasted the way we currently set up.

I agree and think that Dummigan adds so many more attacking options than Wilson ever does- much as i admire Wilson's profesionalism and reliability .

• 4 months later...

He seems to get his foot caught in the pitch, one of those injuries where he could have done something quite serious. Already looks doubtful to play again this season, as you can hear his pain.

Fingers crosses he is OK.

For those interested it’s on iPlayer.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He seems to get his foot caught in the pitch, one of those injuries where he could have done something quite serious. Already looks doubtful to play again this season, as you can hear his pain.

Fingers crosses he is OK.

For those interested it’s on iPlayer.

I thought in the last 2 games , Ismail at bury, and Naismith for Portsmouth, had him on toast.