Northampton.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Anybody know if the match is on or off please?  I have to travel over 100 miles to get to the game. Has there been snow in Oldham overnight?

All I can say is that Claytons appears soft as Pogs is on there doing his keeper training with some young lad and Barry the steward was in there with Cyril the Greyhound half n hour ago and said it was soft also.

I'd probably say that Claytons would cop it more than the pitch itself, but what do I know lol 

I'm not sure how much they take the local streets/paths into consideration though as they're pretty iced up in places!

Can't say whether to set off or not, but i feel your concern as I've also booked a day off work for this .. 

Hope this helps mate

2 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

All I can say is that Claytons appears soft as Pogs is on there doing his keeper training with some young lad and Barry the steward was in there with Cyril the Greyhound half n hour ago and said it was soft also.

I'd probably say that Claytons would cop it more than the pitch itself, but what do I know lol 

I'm not sure how much they take the local streets/paths into consideration though as they're pretty iced up in places!

Can't say whether to set off or not, but i feel your concern as I've also booked a day off work for this .. 

Hope this helps mate

Thanks for this I have booked a corporate package with the club so stand to loose a lot of money if it’s off

Generally but rarely matches are called off due to outside stadium conditions because of heavy snowfalls at grounds with under soil heating. This is not the case here. 

All roads are open and our citizens are going about their business with care at the moment.

If the pitch is playable we will be good to go. 

The weather changing is in the lap of the gods. I hate the uncertainty of some winter home games. 

52 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

Hope this helps mate

The only worry would be the shaded bit of the main stand. That’s the usual reason for postponements when the weather is like this.