January transfer window

11 hours ago, mick26 said:

Seems like it was AFC Fylde's reserves today having read the match report and manager's comments on their website!

Hoping for some better news tomorrow.

Seems like we'd be better off signing their players than imports.

Edited by BP1960

To show my ignorance (again).

Is it usual to have trialists in the January window.  Surely this is something you do before the season starts to check on a players form.  Shouldn't we be signing players who have played games and who have been assessed by someone for us.  Trialists speaks of a van full of people with names we have never heard of before.   They are unlikely to be the answer for a team staring at relegation because there is no time to acclimatise to league 1 football.

30 minutes ago, Hands on said:

To show my ignorance (again).

Is it usual to have trialists in the January window.  Surely this is something you do before the season starts to check on a players form.  Shouldn't we be signing players who have played games and who have been assessed by someone for us.  Trialists speaks of a van full of people with names we have never heard of before.   They are unlikely to be the answer for a team staring at relegation because there is no time to acclimatise to league 1 football.

Couldn’t agree more. If the management team were looking at players for the first time yesterday and being expected to make a decision on them then that can’t be good.

I would hope that the scouting and recruiting is carried out much more professionally than that but I’m far from convinced.

The last lot of foreign imports hardly set the place alight - Omrani, Mouache, Menig, to name but three. I do wonder whether Shez earlier in the season and RW currently are being ‘given’ these players and being told that they are going to be signed. Hope that isn’t the case because apart from it being unfair on the manager, they have been, on the whole, sub-standard. 

Not being negative just saying it as I see it.

Just now, Gary1906 said:

I do wonder whether Shez earlier in the season and RW currently are being ‘given’ these players and being told that they are going to be signed. Hope that isn’t the case because apart from it being unfair on the manager, they have been, on the whole, sub-standard. 

Not being negative just saying it as I see it.

Abdallah stated in the press conference that Richie Wellens has final say over players did he not?

I reckon we may see two or three join today but no more.

29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Abdallah stated in the press conference that Richie Wellens has final say over players did he not?

I reckon we may see two or three join today but no more.

Did you expect him to say anything else? If you don't think he is influencing what players come in you must be incredibly naive given the amount of sub standard dead wood we have clogging the training pitch up that RW has little interest in playing.

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Doyle coming in. Foreigners coming in. After an experienced centre back, was after Morgan at Wigan. Dunno if he still is. Problem is we have a lot of loans and only so many can be involved in squad...

Bryan

Pringle

Nazon

Doyle

Who else is on loan? Mind blank!

Just now, oafc_lover said:

Bryan

Pringle

Nazon

Doyle

Who else is on loan? Mind blank!

Benyu.

Plus technically Menig, although I assume he won't bother the squad even if we can't end the loan.

Can only have five loanees in a matchday squad, I think.