January transfer window

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't have a problem with Abdallah bringing players in, within reason.

Team selection should absolutely be the managers choice but if AL thinks bringing in other players for him to work with (and play if he sees fit) will be to the benefit of the club let's see how it pans out... 

So the owner of the club keeps bringing 5 or 6 players in for the manager to look at, and the manager doesn’t fancy any of them but probably feels under a little bit of pressure to perhaps keep one, maybe two occasionally. Sorry but that doesn’t sound like a good way of working to me. Very awkward for the manager.

We are only guessing anyway of course but I really hope it doesn’t work like that.

Much better for the manager, coaching staff and scouts to go and watch players themselves and then see if the owner has got the cash to bring any of them in.

At least that way the manager has definitely brought his own man in.

Just now, Gary1906 said:

So the owner of the club keeps bringing 5 or 6 players in for the manager to look at, and the manager doesn’t fancy any of them but probably feels under a little bit of pressure to perhaps keep one, maybe two occasionally. Sorry but that doesn’t sound like a good way of working to me. Very awkward for the manager.

We are only guessing anyway of course but I really hope it doesn’t work like that.

Much better for the manager, coaching staff and scouts to go and watch players themselves and then see if the owner has got the cash to bring any of them in.

We've got into bed with an agent, this is the way it will be.

Just now, Gary1906 said:

I'd say a mix of all of that might work a treat. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that RW doesn't fancy one, or more, of AL's imports but subsequently discovers he was wrong, to everyone's benefit. 

Whether it be signing a dud or not signing (or keeping) someone who went on to do well elsewhere  - how many bollocks have managers dropped over the years in this regard? Loads.

After the shite we've endured for years I think a blend of British known League One quantities and potentially quality foreign imports we've never had access to previously is well worth a try... 

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

But this happens at a lot of clubs these days - with directors of football and all that. Isn't necessariliy a bad thing if done right, and should open us up to a bigger pool of potential players.

If he's bringing players in for Wellens to decide on then that's fine as long as Wellens decides.  Will save him having to scout Brighton U21s on a Tuesday night. Something old Dunny got pelters for on here if I remember right!

15 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Agents rule now.

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. You’re all guessing and, in grand OWTB style, thinking the worst.  

Thinking the worst?

We’re third bottom. That’s the reality. 

It’s not like he’s just come on the scene, and we’ve suddenly signed 6/7 lads we’ve never heard of. The current way of doings things has been happening since the summer.  

That has seen seen us lose a manager, have largely poor results, and our current manager is under massive pressure.  In addition we have 6 or 7 squad members who never play, are deemed not good enough and must be taking a sizeable chunk of our budget. 

None of the the above is guessing, that is what has happened.

My hope is Wellens gets more of the signings which he wants, which in this window he has tbf. Fingers crossed we’ve got enough to stay up, especially with Doyle. 

Then in the summer the club has Big think on how to bring the players in AL knows without it have a detrimental effect on the team, and budget. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd say a mix of all of that might work a treat. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that RW doesn't fancy one, or more, of AL's imports but subsequently discovers he was wrong, to everyone's benefit. 

Whether it be signing a dud or not signing (or keeping) someone who went on to do well elsewhere  - how many bollocks have managers dropped over the years in this regard? Loads.

After the shite we've endured for years I think a blend of British known League One quantities and potentially quality foreign imports we've never had access to previously is well worth a try... 

Good to see you back Inspiral.

Not you Harry, unless it is.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

RW has got his own man in first..Doyle.

From what I’ve heard BP, Abdallah played a major role in the signing process for Eoin Doyle. 

So whether that means RW said he wanted him so AL went and got him, or otherwise, it’s proof for me that AL wants to get us good quality players not just bussing in loads of sub standard lads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Yeah I’m sure. ?

I wonder how many of his ex clients will be introduced to RW, or already have been?

It's interesting, but he does not seem to have had that many clients. The Agency  has just over  50 on the books. 1 is a FrenchFrench Lad.

http://sport2jlt.com/transfers/?active=players

Aslo may be a condition of the takeover he's not allowed ex clients?

Edited by singe

5 minutes ago, singe said:

It's interesting, but he does not seem to have had that many clients. The Agency  has just over  50 on the books. 1 is a FrenchFrench Lad.

http://sport2jlt.com/transfers/?active=players

Aslo may be a condition of the takeover he's not allowed ex clients?

He said in his first interview that he’d been an agent for about 14 years and had been involved in 150? transfers.... which isn’t that many per annum.

9 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Nope I think one more to come in. 

Davies Doyle Holloway and The Duck will easily score enough goals between now and the end of the season to keep us up. If we go down from here it will be because we concede too many goals.

Edited by GlossopLatic