Kundai Benyu coming from Celtic?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked like a player that has come straight from an academy, showed some nice touches and quite abit of ability on the ball, but looked like the intensity of the game took him by surprise. He needs to get used to the pace of league 1 quickly, secondly if hes going to play in that position he needs to get forward more and support Davies who was isolated and needed someone go get up and support him. Give him more game time and lets see what he can do.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He looked like a player that has come straight from an academy, showed some nice touches and quite abit of ability on the ball, but looked like the intensity of the game took him by surprise. He needs to get used to the pace of league 1 quickly, secondly if hes going to play in that position he needs to get forward more and support Davies who was isolated and needed someone go get up and support him. Give him more game time and lets see what he can do.

He played half a season in the Conference before going to Celtic. I doubt the Intensity took him by surprise.

It’s a good sign he could impress most observers in a game that was extremely direct 

12 hours ago, welshgaz said:

A non tackling central midfielder. He's right up your street!

Tackling wasn't all he didn't do :grin:

Fucking hell, the downboats! :lol:

I thought he was shit but, unlike many on here would, I'm not writing him off on the back of one bad game. 

Hopefully he'll come good once he gets into the swing of it. 

Edited by HarryBosch

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I thought he was shit but, unlike many on here would, I'm not writing him off on the back of one bad game. 

I don't remember him doing anything that could be described as shit.

He looked decent on the ball the few times he had it, he just wasn't involved in that game that much.

From what I've read he's not a central midfielder at all so it seemed odd to play him there.

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

HB, downboat from me simply because I don’t he did anything the slightest bit close to being shit. 

I mean, i think Banks and Green are shit... he was nowhere near there standard. 

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

I don't remember him doing anything that could be described as shit.

He looked decent on the ball the few times he had it, he just wasn't involved in that game that much.

47 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

HB, downboat from me simply because I don’t he did anything the slightest bit close to being shit. 

What were the good things he did that I missed?

I recall him moving the ball on nicely in a couple of semi threatening moves early on but then, very quickly, he was largely uninvolved for the rest of the game until he was taken off. 

Other players would have been crucified for his tackling (or lack of) and attempts to win headers. 

I don't want to appear to be going all palmer1 on him ( :grin:  I hope I'm back in this thread in a week to say how good he was against Peterborough) but people keep replying and pretending he was good when he clearly wasn't. :lol:

10 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

He played half a season in the Conference before going to Celtic. I doubt the Intensity took him by surprise.

It’s a good sign he could impress most observers in a game that was extremely direct 

League 1 is more intense physically than the conference players have to do more running. He just looked off the pace a little at times maybe its a fitness thing I dont know. I wont write him off he could well come good.

20 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I recall him moving the ball on nicely in a couple of semi threatening moves early on but then, very quickly, he was largely uninvolved for the rest of the game until he was taken off. 

Other players would have been crucified for his tackling (or lack of) and attempts to win headers. 

I don't want to appear to be going all palmer1 on him ( :grin:  I hope I'm back in this thread in a week to say how good he was against Peterborough) but people keep replying and pretending he was good when he clearly wasn't. :lol:

For god sake give the guy a chance. It’s obvious he’s no where near match fit, however he was quick with the ball first half and showed good technical ability. Four or five games given game time and I think we could have a gem . He had raving reviews when he played for Aldershot so give the lad a chance and stop being so damned judgemental until he has had a few more games. 

48 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm not saying he did anything good, he just didn't anything shit. He didn't really do much at all after the first half an hour or so.

I just think saying he was shit was a bit harsh.

He didn't seem very comfortable in that position to me though.

1 hour ago, boyinthesnow said:

My Aldershot supporting mate describes him as a box to box midfielder, always willing to show for the ball and takes a good free kick. 

Time will tell if he can do all that two leagues higher up. 

Time!  Time!  How long have you been on this site?  He's had more than half an hour to prove his worth, ample bloody time.  I can't believe there are people actually pointing out positives when he clearly made more than one mistake.  FFS the guy has no future in football at any level never mind League 1.  We only accept total footballers here, I want him out so we can get the next none perfectionist in.  Life would be shit if I didn't have something to moan about.  

P.S. Not a go at your measured post, rather some of the earlier posts that really rips my knitting.

1 hour ago, boyinthesnow said:

My Aldershot supporting mate describes him as a box to box midfielder, always willing to show for the ball and takes a good free kick. 

Time will tell if he can do all that two leagues higher up. 

So he does play in the centre then? I thought he was a winger mostly.