Thought the young lads in defence marshalled by Gerrard were magnificent with Johny keeping a clean sheet in a very high pressure and critical game

Last night was a 'must not lose game' and I would suggest the toughest in our run in

Edited by tGWB

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

I don't blame the fans.  If there's nowhere to go WTF are they meant to do?

Poor planning.  Poor stewarding.

The stewards received a load of venting from our fans who were forced to queue for 2 turnstiles if they had a ticket while walking past 4 empty turnstiles that were cash only. One steward just said to us - 'I hate this lot (Rochdale) anyway'. 

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Benteke did ok.

Hunt looks better at left back.

Placide has been terrific since you stopped singing that song.

I know Fans sometimes seem to be watching a different game than others but  . . . . . . . :unsure:

Edited by tGWB

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Did you miss KO? 

Yeah about ten mins I think. The chaos started outside. Queued in one line. Then steward came over and said there’s another turnstile open further down with no queue. So we legged it down. To be told this one is for cash only. Luckily I was a cash buyer. But pissed off a lot with tickets that then had to run back to the original turnstile. 

Hamer and Edmunson did brilliantly for young lads.

The midfield again poor, the system doesn't work Wellens change it - I know at this stage its a risk but we go down playing like this.

If Wellens thought to take every goal kick to Hamer to flick on was going to get us good position hight up the pitch then god help us. 

Doyle no service he isn't strong enough and his touch isn't good enough to be a target man. If CD ain't fit start Holloway, he's not brilliant but he can win headers and hold the ball a bit. Give us some kind of platform to build on. WHy the hell he brought on the young Irish kid who hasn't show much as the first sub I have no idea. Holloway should have been on at the start of the second half. 

We didn't lose but it was another poor performance - when was the last time we won a game convincingly?? 4 draw's on the bounce - death by a thousand cuts

If Dale had their top scorer in last night we probably lose. Andrew is a menace, good in their box defending corners and good up front as a mobile target man -= he's also a cowardly thug who knows exactly how to use his elbows

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Benteke did ok.

Hunt looks better at left back.

Placide has been terrific since you stopped singing that song.

Which song?  The Tinder one still got a couple of airings.

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Which song?  The Tinder one still got a couple of airings.

It did but died out pretty quickly.

I think he might have even gestured towards the fans to stop, although I did think Tope was Benteke so might not have the best eyesight...

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It did but died out pretty quickly.

I think he might have even gestured towards the fans to stop, although I did think Tope was Benteke so might not have the best eyesight...

Although the song is terribly cringey how come he seemingly finds it so offensive ? Religious maybe ? Just wondering. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah about ten mins I think. The chaos started outside. Queued in one line. Then steward came over and said there’s another turnstile open further down with no queue. So we legged it down. To be told this one is for cash only. Luckily I was a cash buyer. But pissed off a lot with tickets that then had to run back to the original turnstile. 

Yeah I got to the ground at 7.35 and missed KO by 5 minutes due to the large queue for those with tickets. 

Thought Edmundson did ok, as did Hamer, although he was caught out a couple of times. A decent performance from the pair, given the circumstances and the atmosphere.

The midfield just isn’t working at the moment. We desperately need change things.

Doyle was up against it, and Nazon isn’t a wide-man.

I’d have Andrew at Latics.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Loads of seats at the end towards the terrace, the coppers even went up and down the aisle counting the empty seats. 

The message didn't get passed on though. 

Was less than impressed with the organisation last night, only a couple of turnstiles open, loads of empty seats but people standing in the aisles and down the front. It's like GMP didn't learn anything from their SYP colleagues. 

Whilst we will get blamed for that "Fan" GMP and Rochdale should receive their fair share of the blame too, but they won't. 

In every group of 3000 people there will always be at least one bellend like him. Ultimately it’s the Rochdale and GMP’s fault and their fault alone that he got onto the pitch

I recall a Huddersfield fan getting onto the pitch @ Leeds Road during a midweek game in 1988 and punching the linesman to the ground, who had to be stretchered off. 

He was aggrieved at an Offside decision that had led to one of our goals that evening in a 2-2 draw. Ritchie & Palmer scored I think. IIRC it was around this time of year and Huddersfield - managed by Malcolm McDonald - needed to win to have any chance of staying up.

In the same game, a young Latics fan fell from a crash barrier and cut his head open. My dad helped tend to him. Another Latics fan scaled the barriers that penned supporters in,  pre-Hillsbrough, in a bid to find the St.Johns Ambulance. The stewards and police tried to stop him.

Things were a lot worse back then.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Although the song is terribly cringey how come he seemingly finds it so offensive ? Religious maybe ? Just wondering. 

Could be that he has a wife and kids coming to the game its probably not what they want to hear sung about him in fairness, the people singing it probably don't mean to cause offense quite the opposite infact but its best we come up with something a bit better.

12 minutes ago, losesome said:

Let's get things in perspective to all those whinging,  yes we were poor but in last month or so Spurs, Wigan, Portsmouth & Shrewsbury have all been to dogdale.

None have kept a clean sheet and only 1 has won. 

In isolation its not a bad result the concern is we have now put a string of poor performances together at a time of the season where we need to win games had this come of the back of 2 home wins last week their wouldn't be too much concern but our position is still very precarious another big six pointer coming up on saturday we need to improve.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

In every group of 3000 people there will always be at least one bellend like him. Ultimately it’s the Rochdale and GMP’s fault and their fault alone that he got onto the pitch

That’s the stewards job. Police aren’t there to manage the fans only to enforce if something happens. 

His wife and kids attend the matches. It’s fuckin shit, lets stop it.