Milton Keynes (H)

59 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

Cornell was as bad as I've ever seen in goal for Latics, and I'm including Dean Brill in that as well.

Were you at MK when we lost 6-2? Jan Butdz was dreadful. At fault for 5. 

Paddy Kenny must crop up in this conversation too, laughing and joking as we lost 7-0 (should have been double if they went for us) again at MK

Alan Blayney wasn't too clever either.

Edited by unsworthlatic

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Paddy Kenny must crop up in this conversation too, laughing and joking as we lost 7-0 (should have been double if they went for us) again at MK

No I wasn't at that game, but you're right I'd forgot about Jan Butdz, he was very poor, now you mention it we have had some fucking shockers over the years.

Edited by Hometownclub

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I agree he's gone backwards a bit but he made quite a few decent saves, again, last night. These seem to be ignored.

That said Kean Bryan was Man of the Match by a mile....

Did he make any saves?  BBC stats suggest one at most.

Caught some crosses well.  Messed one up.  Saves?  Can't recall any.

Edited by opinions4u

2 hours ago, boshell4eng said:

Anyone going to admit to being the person who chose Placide as man of the match? Presumably it’s free alcohol and drugs for sponsors now after someone chose Pringle last game as well?

It's the Audi guys who do it. Seems to be different people every week, and I'm not sure they always make it out of the lounge in to the stand to watch the game!

It was a strange one for sure but, on the plus side, it meant I got hear to Johny speak for the first time when he picked up his MOM award. I can confirm that, whilst very softly spoken, he does speak English, so I can only assume that his bookings for berating referees were justified, as he's definitely able to make himself understood.

1 hour ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

It looked like he was staying onside to me. He looked well onside for a couple of them at least. The linesman seemed to be confusing him with Holloway.

I was in RRE so difficult to tell, used to him being offside a few times a game so assumed he was but last night was ridiculous

Davies was off side on a number of occasions to start with second half but he adjusted and there was a run of three when he was clearly onside - two of those he would have been clear on goal and could have shown Holloway what to do.  If you noticed he spoke to the referee about it after the first and third time.

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

I was there and Butdz for me was the worst I've  seen and I've seen loads of crap nearly on a par with that one which led to Shez going and at that game it caused fighting between our fans.

Guest Stanley30

Just seen the goal from last night. My god I didn’t realise how fat gerrard is. No one can tell me he is fit! Bloody disgrace to professional football getting that overweight 

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep. Only done it once before (Charlton away) and wouldn't have bothered last night but the WAG was watching some shite on ITV 2 so I stuck it on the laptop. So yep, I stand by my earlier comment...

Your wife and girlfriend... lucky man (so far).

Couple of points about last night which I don't think have been mentioned yet - apologies if they have.

One, Chuks Aneke going off was a key moment of the game. He's a class act in this league, their bea2t player by far and hed  already forced Johnny in to his only save. .Two,  our goal came from a corner following Fane's awful shot from distance which from  where i was sat went straight over with no MKD player anywhere near to get a touch. Your views?

9 minutes ago, astottie said:

Couple of points about last night which I don't think have been mentioned yet - apologies if they have.

One, Chuks Aneke going off was a key moment of the game. He's a class act in this league, their bea2t player by far and hed  already forced Johnny in to his only save. .Two,  our goal came from a corner following Fane's awful shot from distance which from  where i was sat went straight over with no MKD player anywhere near to get a touch. Your views?

Aneke is a decent player I agree. Scored 10 in 30 after being out for a year with injury ?.

Fane’s shot took a deflection as far as I could tell.

44 minutes ago, astottie said:

I was really pleased at Fane's awful shot (and awful cross). His confidence is growing, hence him playing useful passes (like the move for goal 2 at Blackburn) instead of waiting for someone to take it off him. He shows for the ball now which stops the other side having a man over.

54 minutes ago, astottie said:

Took a deflection from where I was sat.

45 minutes ago, robboman said:

Noticed byrne tracking back and helping out defensively more than usual, or was i the only one?

Nope he certainly was!

Was having to cover Dummigan a hell of a lot who was playing very narrow and their number 20 was often left with the entire left wing to have a run down.

8 hours ago, robboman said:

Noticed byrne tracking back and helping out defensively more than usual, or was i the only one?

I seriously dont understand the Tope for Byrne substitute which seems to be a Wellens theme at the minute. (TBH I dont understand Wellens continuation of using Tope at all) To me its to give Dummigan extra cover, but Tope does nothing defensively either. And hes crap going forward and does not offer any relief by holding the ball and spreading it into the space like Byrne does. Would be much wiser to bring on a Mclaughlin/Benyu to help defensively whilst still providing the pace on the counter in my opinion.

But hey we won, so this post is all bullshit really!

42 minutes ago, youngen said:

I seriously dont understand the Tope for Byrne substitute which seems to be a Wellens theme at the minute. (TBH I dont understand Wellens continuation of using Tope at all) To me its to give Dummigan extra cover, but Tope does nothing defensively either. And hes crap going forward and does not offer any relief by holding the ball and spreading it into the space like Byrne does. Would be much wiser to bring on a Mclaughlin/Benyu to help defensively whilst still providing the pace on the counter in my opinion.

FTFY ?

1 hour ago, youngen said:

I thought Tope did quite well defensively, he helped Dummigan out a few times, especially when Dummigan had been drawn inside. 

I probably would have brought McLaughlin on ahead of Tope, as he offers more defensively as well as being decent going forward. 

Byrne did seem to play better when they had the ball than he was doing, but perhaps doing so made him knackered.