Portsmouth (H)

24 minutes ago, mick26 said:

If you have ifollow you can watch the full 90 minutes the next day and analyse everyone's mistakes!

I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as most are saying.

4 points from Scunthorpe and Bury away is a great return and if our home form holds up we'll be fine.

In the first 25 mins we didn’t touch the ball?

3 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Heard that we might be recalling Clarke from Bury, maybe Gerrard is facing a few weeks out.

One too many mights and maybes in this for me to feel confident.  Can you give us a clue about the type of source and also are we allowed to recall Clarke?

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

We finally have a left footed left back and people want him dropped. 

I agree with you watched it on IFollow and thought he had a good game except for the booking which I thought was kind of soft seeing there where tackles coming in from their players which where far more dangerous that never got a booking. Mombie saved us in the last few minutes. Christ what do people want from a player blood????

9 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Ignore me. Just read that you can no longer recall a loan player outside of the transfer window.

What a shite rule...

It goes hand in hand with the loan rules though - if you can't sign players on loan, it'd be very unfair to be able to have them taken off you in the middle of March with no recourse of bringing in a replacement. 

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

It goes hand in hand with the loan rules though - if you can't sign players on loan, it'd be very unfair to be able to have them taken off you in the middle of March with no recourse of bringing in a replacement. 

Same result as if someone gets injured though.

Like the rest of team he picked up, after a poor start on sat. 

I like Miombe, mainly because he’s got a bit about him- he gets stuck in. That’s a valuable commodity in a relegation battle. A fighter. 

(Yes, I know he’s walking red card, but rather that than a shithouse) 

11 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Ignore me. Just read that you can no longer recall a loan player outside of the transfer window.

What a shite rule...

Woudl you think it was a good rule if Preston & City recalled Doyle & Bryan?

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Like the rest of team he picked up, after a poor start on sat. 

I like Miombe, mainly because he’s got a bit about him- he gets stuck in. That’s a valuable commodity in a relegation battle. A fighter. 

(Yes, I know he’s walking red card, but rather that than a shithouse) 

Good passer too

I like him. He had a shocking 30 minutes but who didn't?

Other than that, since he's signed he's been quality.

Think we will start Doyle and Davies

Doyle , assuming he is fit, has to start saturday.

Our best midfield is still undecided , Gardner has improved his performances (he really had to) so i would be starting him with Byrne.

Pringle has me a little undecided, hes neat and tidy on the ball but for me hasn't done enough, i'd be tempted to give the dundalk dynamo a go (again assuming he is fit).

Fane will start, but again i'm very undecided, at Bury he was gash, at Blackburn he was excellent.

The defence is an ongoing concern, if we avoid the drop its an area RW will have to look very closely at, and strengthen.

12 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Doyle , assuming he is fit, has to start saturday.

Our best midfield is still undecided , Gardner has improved his performances (he really had to) so i would be starting him with Byrne.

Pringle has me a little undecided, hes neat and tidy on the ball but for me hasn't done enough, i'd be tempted to give the dundalk dynamo a go (again assuming he is fit).

Fane will start, but again i'm very undecided, at Bury he was gash, at Blackburn he was excellent.

The defence is an ongoing concern, if we avoid the drop its an area RW will have to look very closely at, and strengthen.

I would be temped to go with Doyle and Davies from the off, as a slow start will be far from ideal against Portsmouth. Naz hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped in my opinion but goals are needed and I feel confident that Doyle will deliver as well as energising Davies. McEleney from the start sounds a good prospect but I suspect he's not ready yet. We shall see. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I would be temped to go with Doyle and Davies from the off, as a slow start will be far from ideal against Portsmouth. Naz hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped in my opinion but goals are needed and I feel confident that Doyle will deliver as well as energising Davies. McEleney from the start sounds a good prospect but I suspect he's not ready yet. We shall see. 

The duck might be useful coming off the bench running at tired defences. For me his "wayward" shot seemed to take a slight deflection in the highlights which nobody seems to have mentioned.

I'd be happy with any 2 of Davies, Doyle or Nazon. I think Doyle has to start now he's fit, would be interesting to see him paired with Nazon. McEleny off the bench for the last 30, too much of a gamble to start him as he's still adjusting

• Like 2

Doyle in for Nazon for me 100%.

Nazon just doesn’t have the brain that Doyle has to make smart runs and create spaces in their defence.

Don’t get me wrong he’s alright and now and again does well whilst taking on his man but too often just loses the ball up top because he picks it up then it never looks fully under control so he runs at half speed.

Doyle however scares the living shit out of defenders forcing them to either back track at speed or close him down creating tonnes of space.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Not sure about Doyle on at the start, I think he’s only got 45’ in him and I fear they may sit deep without him 2’nd half.  Better to have him terrify tired defenders.

But we’ve been told there’s nothing wrong with his fitness?

Just now, stevesidg said:

There’s a difference between fitness , and match fitness and being match ready 

I know there is.

If he’s fully fit which we’ve been told he is, then he can last longer than 45 minutes.

He’s shown us a glimpse that he is probably match sharp by tearing the Scunthorpe defence a new bung hole when he came on and slotted home like he’d never been away.

He’s clearly ready and if he’s not, then he isn’t fully fit like RW has twice said.

4 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

I know there is.

If he’s fully fit which we’ve been told he is, then he can last longer than 45 minutes.

He’s shown us a glimpse that he is probably match sharp by tearing the Scunthorpe defence a new bung hole when he came on and slotted home like he’d never been away.

He’s clearly ready and if he’s not, then he isn’t fully fit like RW has twice said.

I hope he plays from the start on Saturday and if he plays like we know he can, then we can get the first of the 4 wins we need to be safe