Gillingam (h)

15 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Disagree. I think he is the main problem and trying to find a formation to include him is going to cost us. 

He can't have a free role at right mid. Play him as a no.10 ( his only position he can play) and then you don't get the best out of an isolated Doyle.

Bench him.

We are already down without his contributions.

Problem is we have no central midfielders other than Fane and Gardner hence they play every match regardless.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

We are already down without his contributions.

Problem is we have no central midfielders other than Fane and Gardner hence they play every match regardless.

Yeah I agree but his contributions won't get us the points we need!

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

You started on the cider early? Have you not looked at our last few results?

Ha not quite. I’m not saying we are a Good side. We look poor and not everyone puts a shift in however we have more than enough ability to win games if they can pull it out. Doyle averages nearly a goal a game at this level. Whether they will get it together is the question 

Just got home, bloody hell we were poor, so were they.

reminded me of a kids game in the playground everyone round the ball and passing to no one .

And clouting someone in the last minute in the fucking box is inexcusable- brainless 

my first visit to BP for a long time 

made me very sad. 

Latics have the players but unfortunately they don't have the leadership.

How can RW persist in playing Byrne wide when clearly we are a better team with him central and without any defensive duties.  That said Byrne was poor first half giving away the ball and worse second half because he hasn't adapted to life at this level.  The team has to be set up with him central or if 4 4 2 is the way to go without him.  We were better 4 5 1 but Holloway comes on and it is the useless 4 4 2 again.

Rochdale isn't a must win but it certainly is a must not lose.  They could put us down on Tuesday.

Just now, Hands on said:

Latics have the players but unfortunately they don't have the leadership.

How can RW persist in playing Byrne wide when clearly we are a better team with him central and without any defensive duties.  That said Byrne was poor first half giving away the ball and worse second half because he hasn't adapted to life at this level.  The team has to be set up with him central or if 4 4 2 is the way to go without him.  We were better 4 5 1 but Holloway comes on and it is the useless 4 4 2 again.

Rochdale isn't a must win but it certainly is a must not lose.  They could put us down on Tuesday.

He didn't play wide and had no defensive duties (never has done)

Worrying times, it is still in our hands with us having to play Dale, Wimbledon and Northampton still but we are not showing good signs, these will not be easy games, every one of them will be a battle and I just don’t think we have the type of players that want to fight, should of been out of sight today worrying that the goals have dried up, Doyle’s missed a few good chances recently, Nazon seems to be our only threat. Mcleney looks out of his depth at this level, everything he tries to do doesent come off, May of looked good in the league of Ireland but that may aswell be non league level, so tight now and Dale are bang in form we need to be at our best on Tuesday a defeat and I fear the worst. Moimbe was stupid to do that, draw no good today with Dale, Wimbledon and Northampton all winning, down to the bare bones at the back Moimbe, Dummigan, Bryan and Wilson all out I’d be getting Peter Clarke back for the last few games scored today and we need leaders !! 

2 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Worrying times, it is still in our hands with us having to play Dale, Wimbledon and Northampton still but we are not showing good signs, these will not be easy games, every one of them will be a battle and I just don’t think we have the type of players that want to fight, should of been out of sight today worrying that the goals have dried up, Doyle’s missed a few good chances recently, Nazon seems to be our only threat. Mcleney looks out of his depth at this level, everything he tries to do doesent come off, May of looked good in the league of Ireland but that may aswell be non league level, so tight now and Dale are bang in form we need to be at our best on Tuesday a defeat and I fear the worst. Moimbe was stupid to do that, draw no good today with Dale, Wimbledon and Northampton all winning, down to the bare bones at the back Moimbe, Dummigan, Bryan and Wilson all out I’d be getting Peter Clarke back for the last few games scored today and we need leaders !! 

We can’t get Clarke back but Rochdale have lost Henderson for next 3 games

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Well we will miss Mombie on Tuesday but not as much as Rochdale missing their captain Henderson who has scored a few goals recently. Henderson like Mombie got a straight red at Peterborough so he misses next 3 games.

That’s just cheered me up slightly. 

He’ll be a massive miss for them. He’s their main threat. 

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Disagree. I think he is the main problem and trying to find a formation to include him is going to cost us. 

He can't have a free role at right mid. Play him as a no.10 ( his only position he can play) and then you don't get the best out of an isolated Doyle.

Bench him.

So the problem is a player who can actually play football-can see a pass and can score a goal. Whereas the big lump in the midfield who can do none of the previous keeps getting picked and we keep falling down the league.

15 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So the problem is a player who can actually play football-can see a pass and can score a goal. Whereas the big lump in the midfield who can do none of the previous keeps getting picked and we keep falling down the league.

No not really. The problem is RW can't seem to find a suitable shape and system to play him.

That said he's not been very good since securing a 2.5 year deal or whatever we gave him. Wellens alluded to it before signing him permanently, that with the free role he has he has to do more ( create and score). He hasn't done but we signed him on a long contract anyway.

Edited by welshgaz

In the light of day, I think we had that game won. I don't think they would have scored if it wasn't for the pen.

Miombe has apparently admitted to punching Eaves off the ball, just shows how hot headed he is. Two sendings off for two very rash moments of stupidity. 

Personally, if he can't control his emotions and channel them into something productive, he shouldn't be allowed any where near the team sheet.

We would have ground out a 1-0 win and seen the game out. I don't understand why people are moaning about Wellens' tactics as really, it would have been enough without the pen and things would be more rosey than they are now.

What we can't afford to do is let the atmosphere around the club become toxic. If that begins to happen we make the situation worse. Keep supporting RW and the lads and it gives us the best chance of survival. 

11 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Bench him.

This is almost funny. If Doyler wasn’t so wasteful yesterday (and the ref wasn’t so bent) then it’s either 1-0 or 2-0 Latics with both assists coming from Byrne.

Astounding levels of stupidity.

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How many think Gardner was a passenger today? He was the only one who showed a willingness to battle IMO. Byrne and McEleney ducked out of tackles and Fane having been booked was a liability. 

Whilst I am all for backing Gardner, claiming that Gerrard, Moimbe and Fane weren’t up for a battle is just silly.

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

This is almost funny. If Doyler wasn’t so wasteful yesterday (and the ref wasn’t so bent) then it’s either 1-0 or 2-0 Latics with both assists coming from Byrne.

Astounding levels of stupidity.

Where would you play him and in what formation?

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Whilst I am all for backing Gardner, claiming that Gerrard, Moimbe and Fane weren’t up for a battle is just silly.

I didn't say they weren't, pinpointing McEleney for softness in particular, Fane does show desire, but after a yellow card he can't do the job he's in the team for. 

Moimbe has bags of determination as does Gerrard. 

I question though no matter how talented Byrne appears he was half hearted in some challenges and I can see why RW dropped him recently and may well do so again. 

In a relegation battle you need grit and determination from every player IMO.