Gillingam (h)

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder if we are getting a lot of bookings due to being often second to the ball. 

There's been a lack of sharpness from some in the team from my observations and maybe something for RW to look at? 

What would you suggest?

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What would you suggest?

A word from the manager to certain players to buck up their ideas, we are in a relegation batttle and can't carry passengers, jobs are at stake including his.

Enough of the excuses, can't last 90 minutes, not enough games, too many games, bad weather, no training facilities. Just knuckle down and get on with it.

Edited by BP1960

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A word from the manager to certain players to buck up their ideas, we are in a relegation batttle and can't carry passengers, jobs are at stake including his.

Enough of the excuses, can't last 90 minutes, not enough games, too many games, bad weather, no training facilities. Just knuckle down and get on with it.

This should have been done at least 3 weeks ago and if it wasn't then it questions Wellens judgement again.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Welcome reception???? Ye gods he stepped up the first team in one pre match, scored 3 goals and we cashed him in.

same match that saw the end of Ryan Brooke's career,  shame it wasn't in reverse and yes that's me being nasty.

Delusions of grandure or what.

lets not mention the state of Gerrards shirt now...how the hell was it that badly torn.

He ripped his own shirt in anger  when the penalty was awarded and threw his water bottle into the crowd.

5 hours ago, mick26 said:

He could be wearing our shirt again next season if what I was told today is true!

Thought he was a real handful and after scoring 15 goals in a struggling team would be an asset.

Weird comment about the reception I mean we have alot of ex players play against us most of them get an indifferent reception from us.

18 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

What does that even mean?

He looks a complete carthorse but has managed to score 15 goals this season so must have something about him.  I remember a horrendous miss against us when he was playing for Yeovil  (and I think we lost 5 nil!) - could be useful with us in League 2 maybe.

He’s scored most of his goals by physical abusing the opponents defence winding them up and then getting a penalty. Most of his goals are from the spot. He’s got one of the worst records in the division for yellow and red cards this season. He’s a truely nasty piece of works. 

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

Jonny, Gardner, Edmundson and Duckens played well.

Would rather have Byrne than not - he's always likely to create something.  Anger is an energy, but he just needs to channel it correctly..

Doyle wasn't allowed to get involved due to being asked to compete against the entire defence virtually on his own.

Gills, on the beach or otherwise, were better than us and possibly even wanted it more.  If we play like that in our next two games we'll go down.

That said, it was ultimately the referee that cost us.  What happened at half-time that made him suddenly want to be the centre of attention?  The penalty could be one of the most costly decisions in the club's history.  Gillingham's player didn't even appeal for it, which I think is telling...

Not sure what match you were watching ? Gills were the better side and wanted it more ? Really ? And regards the ref , it’s a good job the tv cameras missed him chinning the Gills player and then giving a penalty !! Unfortunately it was our left back that cost us the points. Refs are shit but they don’t give penalties and red cards for nothing. We could and should have won the game by more. We didn’t. If we did there wouldn’t be all this overeating on here. 

Never ever said this. But. We are going down this time. Just seems all little things are going against us and our luck is finally gonna run out. 

7 hours ago, JoeP said:

Doyle wasn't allowed to get involved due to being asked to compete against the entire defence virtually on his own.

I don’t quite get this comment JoeP...

Doyle’s involvement ensured that he had three or four good chances to score but failed to take one as he is still not fully match sharp. 

Edited by TheBigDog

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Doyle’s involvement ensured that he had three or four good chances to score but failed to take one as he is still not fully match sharp. 

Not sure match sharpness (whatever that is) should be an issue for him now.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

He’s scored most of his goals by physical abusing the opponents defence winding them up and then getting a penalty. Most of his goals are from the spot. He’s got one of the worst records in the division for yellow and red cards this season. He’s a truely nasty piece of works. 

Sounds like just what we need.

7 hours ago, JoeP said:

Jonny, Gardner, Edmundson and Duckens played well.

Would rather have Byrne than not - he's always likely to create something.  Anger is an energy, but he just needs to channel it correctly..

Gills, on the beach or otherwise, were better than us and possibly even wanted it more.  If we play like that in our next two games we'll go down.

That said, it was ultimately the referee that cost us.  What happened at half-time that made him suddenly want to be the centre of attention?  The penalty could be one of the most costly decisions in the club's history.  Gillingham's player didn't even appeal for it, which I think is telling...

I agree regarding Johnny, Edmundson and Nazon but I thought Gardner was poor to be honest. I’m usually a fan of his but he didn’t have any influence as far as I could see. McEleney is just not at the races yet, he really needs to up his game. Fane was ineffective yesterday as well. In short the midfield need to buck up and work as a unit instead of four individuals. 

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He got a few chances, but there seemed to be a lot of occasions where the ball was hoofed up to him when he was on his own up front and he was expected to firstly win the ball in the air against his marker who had about a foot on him and then secondly create something when he had no one around him but four defenders.