Gillingam (h)

The shambolic way the club has been run over the last few years was always going to bite us on the arse at some point. The last 2 transfer windows have been shocking with embargo’s affecting planning. The squad has no balance. To many tippy tappy midfielders and no pace or width. Fane and Gardner once again passengers today. They are crap. No support for Doyle. Seriously worried that there is no fight in the squad and the manager does not know his best team.

3 minutes ago, cplatics said:

The shambolic way the club has been run over the last few years was always going to bite us on the arse at some point. The last 2 transfer windows have been shocking with embargo’s affecting planning. The squad has no balance. To many tippy tappy midfielders and no pace or width. Fane and Gardner once again passengers today. They are crap. No support for Doyle. Seriously worried that there is no fight in the squad and the manager does not know his best team.

I think Gardner cops for some undue flak on here, for my money he has been one of our better players recently.

7 minutes ago, cplatics said:

The shambolic way the club has been run over the last few years w 7as always going to bite us on the arse at some point. The last 2 transfer windows have been shocking with embargo’s affecting planning. The squad has no balance. To many tippy tappy midfielders and no pace or width. Fane and Gardner once again passengers today. They are crap. No support for Doyle. Seriously worried that there is no fight in the squad and the manager does not know his best team.

How many think Gardner was a passenger today? He was the only one who showed a willingness to battle IMO. Byrne and McEleney ducked out of tackles and Fane having been booked was a liability. 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

First time I have felt we are in big trouble...

Me too, RW is selecting players not up for a dogfight. His naivety as a raw manager is showing and he needs to learn fast or he goes down with the ship. 

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Jack Bryne shouldn't be anywhere near that team. The lad is a disgrace.

After I've calmed down I still don't think this is rash. The least I'd expect is him charging around and tracking back whilst we battled. He did neither. Thought he looked ok first half too. I'd honestly rather have a limited footballer that gives everything. 

As a club we give out some wild contracts:

Clarke

Gerrard

Byrne

Edited by welshgaz

3 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

After I've calmed down I still don't think this is rash. The least I'd expect is him charging around and tracking back whilst we battled. He did neither. Thought he looked ok first half too. I'd honestly rather have a limited footballer that gives everything. 

As a club we give out some wild contracts:

Clarke

Gerrard

Byrne

Of all the issues in the squad he is a long way down the list.

Eaves scoring, albeit a penalty, is one of those little twists of fate that the world of football likes to throw into the mix now and again. This point last season, Latics had 45 points in 18th spot and a -15 goal difference, with Gillingham and Port Vale also on 45...and Shrewsbury occupying the last relegation place.

Who can really tell the outcome of this one?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Four points minimum from the next two games is a necessity, two or less and I think we will drop.

You’ll be very disappointed. Both Dale and Wimbledon seem up for the fight and are winning the type of games we’re drawing/losing. Would take 2 draws.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Four points minimum from the next two games is a necessity, two or less and I think we will drop.

Oh God.....I don't think I can take it anymore...

I'm mad as hell.....I haven't renewed my ST yet, suppose I'm like the rest who haven't and we are waiting to see what division we are in.

in my opinion this team are better on paper then previous ones when we have been in a relegation battle..yet I feel  no one can step up a gear, show some balls and man up....saw Gerrard yelling a few times. Byrne ducked out on several challenges/ half hearted attempts to get the ball. Game was screaming for a big lump up front went some decent crosses went in, or someone just to hold the ball up with their arse or elbow, Doyle was bullied of the ball most times, should have got a Holloway or Davies on soon.

my god if we don't turn up on Tuesday players that is, then I dred to think....there will be a decent following so they best bloody well do..grrrrrrrr

Oh yes it's my birthday to boot on Tuesday so they best not piss me off any further...

Edited by underdog

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'm mad as hell.....I haven't renewed my ST yet, suppose I'm like the rest who haven't and we are waiting to see what division we are in.

in my opinion this team are better on paper then previous ones when we have been in a relegation battle..yet I feel  no one can step up a gear, show some balls and man up....saw Gerrard yelling a few times. Byrne ducked out on several challenges/ half hearted attempts to get the ball. Game was screaming for a big lump up front went some decent crosses went in, or someone just to hold the ball up with their arse or elbow, Doyle was bullied of the ball most times, should have got a Holloway or Davies on soon.

my god if we don't turn up on Tuesday players that is, then I deed to think....there will be a decent following so they best bloody well do..grrrrrrrr

Regarding the season tickets, the offer from the club is on the table and that is not going to change, regardless of the division the club finds itself in. It's just my opinion but I do not think there will be a massive...if any...difference in average uptake on season tickets and crowds will remain roughly the same, if Latics are in League Two.

Play badly in League Two, then that could well be a different matter.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No. Just drawing both of those would probably be fine. They are against relegation rivals away.  It’s our home games we MUST get a win or two from. 

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

my god if we don't turn up on Tuesday players that is, then I dred to think....there will be a decent following so they best bloody well do..grrrrrrrr

Oh yes it's my birthday to boot on Tuesday so they best not piss me off any further...

I’ve renewed. The division we are in is irrelevant, as it should be for every season ticket holder. 

Edited by kowenicki

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No. Just drawing both of those would probably be fine. They are against relegation rivals away.  It’s our home games we MUST get a win or two from. 

I’ve renewed. The division we are in is irrelevant, as it should be for every season ticket holder. 

You and Wardie are right...I'm just delaying the inevitable by trying to keep hold of my money a little longer.

yes the sadist in me will be renewing soon..boo hoo

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

If you are going to pass comments like this then it is surely not unreasonable to expect you to have a just reason.

This hasn't helped your case one bit.

I said that ignoring the negative aspects of  today’s game and just blindingly praising players for the sake of it is delusional. 

People on here probably think we’ve got a decent crack at the top half. Strange individuals. 

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

You and Wardie are right...I'm just delaying the inevitable by trying to keep hold of my money a little longer.

yes the sadist in me will be renewing soon..boo hoo

It's only a game, taking up a small percentage of my life and time, compared to other activities [such as being on here :D]. I don't buy a season ticket but if I did, I would rather it be at a good discount, whatever division Latics play in.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of all the issues in the squad he is a long way down the list.

Disagree. I think he is the main problem and trying to find a formation to include him is going to cost us. 

He can't have a free role at right mid. Play him as a no.10 ( his only position he can play) and then you don't get the best out of an isolated Doyle.

Bench him.

Edited by welshgaz

33 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I said that ignoring the negative aspects of  today’s game and just blindingly praising players for the sake of it is delusional. 

People on here probably think we’ve got a decent crack at the top half. Strange individuals. 

Show me where I blindly praised players for the sake of it. 

10 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Disagree. I think he is the main problem and trying to find a formation to include him is going to cost us. 

He can't have a free role at right mid. Play him as a no.10 ( his only position he can play) and then you don't get the best out of an isolated Doyle.

Bench him.

Kind of agree on this. I think Doyle is the match winner for us so drop Byrne and get wingers in the team and crosses into box. Not sure Byrne behind one striker is our best option. Rather have 4 hardworking mids and two strikers than Byrne at moment