Gillingam (h)

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Not playing team who are at top and in form or winning. Jesus who else do u want other than 2 more teams at home with nowt to play for and 3 sides in bottom 7 away. We have more talent than all of them and although we aren’t a great team you’d still have to say they could win every game 

I would say Rochdale and Wimbledon are in form at the moment, Southend and Doncaster are not going to just roll over and Northampton may be already down when Latics play them but I can imagine they will want to take Latics down with them, if that is still a possibility.

18 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If that’s the case fuck him off now - I don’t care how decent he’s been he has just cost us a massive 2 points 

He was fouled in the lead up which trigged that reaction however he should know better.

Still the game should have been won before then if we play like that 2nd half performance on tuesday we will get beat by Rochdale because they do have the fight for this and for first time today Im now no longer sure we do.

I really wanted to come home and kick the proverbial cat, bit I have two dogs and ones on it's last legs so best not.

1st half shooting towards the chaddy there was the double Doyle post effort and a downward header saved off the line. Bloody brilliant body block by Gerrad first half for us to go in with a clean sheet at that point

secônd half and only real chance I remember was the finger tip save their goalie made yet we didn't even get Corner. They were more threatening in teh second half.

dont think one of there's was booked at all but  Gerrqrds shirt was ripped open a la Incredible Hulk style.

didnt see the  Moimbe red but it's not the first time he's been sent off and cost us. Honestly thought Jonny had saved it as it went the right way.

On the balance of play and chances, I'd say we were fairly lucky to get a point out of that

god I really hate this chuffing game at times, I'm starting to think our luck has run out.

now I am going to drink copeous amounts of alcohol regardless of how many days/years it takes off my life

Edited by underdog

22 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Why not counter his assessment with your own?

Ok.

The officials were poor today, I think that everyone is in agreement with that. It still doesn’t hide the fact that we should have performed much better today. Most of the first half we were poor and in the second half too many attacks broke down far too easily. Today, along with Walsall on Tuesday and Oxford on saturday have resulted in extremely poor performances and where we should have won.

Praising players that play like we’re in mid-table and safe is nothing short of delusional.

This was in our hands and it still is providing we win on Tuesday...

Who is to blame? 

• Like 1

I got 1 of the 8 bottom team's results correct today, about as successful as my National picks, so take this with a bucket of salt but I'm still going for us to make it:

17. Wimbledon       54 pts

18. Latics                53

19. Oxford               52

20. Rochdale          52

21. Walsall             52

22. MK Dons         48

23. Northampton 44

24. Bury                 31

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Ok.

The officials were poor today, I think that everyone is in agreement with that. It still doesn’t hide the fact that we should have performed much better today. Most of the first half we were poor and in the second half too many attacks broke down far too easily. Today, along with Walsall on Tuesday and Oxford on saturday have resulted in extremely poor performances and where we should have won.

Praising players that play like we’re in mid-table and safe is nothing short of delusional.

Who is to blame? 

Doesn't counter any of my points. Well done

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Ok.

Who is to blame? 

Are we going to say Wellens or are we going to say the players?
The answer has to be both.

Poor team selection again, how McEleney started after his weak display in the previous game is beyond me. 

You want battlers in the current situation and we just haven't enough of them IMO, and that's a big problem for RW. 

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I got 1 of the 8 bottom team's results correct today, about as successful as my National picks, so take this with a bucket of salt but I'm still going for us to make it:

17. Wimbledon       54 pts

18. Latics                53

19. Oxford               52

20. Rochdale          52

21. Walsall             52

22. MK Dons         48

23. Northampton 44

24. Bury                 31

I am agreeing with your bottom four and placing Latics 20th with 53/54 points.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Poor team selection again, how McEleney started after his weak display in the previous game is beyond me. 

You want battlers in the current situation and we just haven't enough of them IMO, and that's a big problem for RW. 

Does he stick Pringle back in and Nepo on the wing opposite to Byrne?
I have the feeling Nazon's goals are just about going to keep Latics from the drop...with a couple from Doyle.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Does he stick Pringle back in and Nepo on the wing opposite to Byrne?
I have the feeling Nazon's goals are just about going to keep Latics from the drop...with a couple from Doyle.

Pringle should have come on at half time for the ineffective McEleney. 

At least he shows some enthusiasm as does another one left out Holloway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Holloway again caused problems and battled well. 

Just what's needed in a relegation dogfight yet McEleney starts.

RW needs to sort out the priorities for the current situation  or we are going down. 

I am agreeing with you on this point, BP. 
McEleney will eventually be a decent asset for the club but should not be a starter at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I am agreeing with you on this point, BP. 
McEleney will eventually be a decent asset for the club but should not be a starter at the moment.

He's too soft, can't see him changing unfortunately Wardie. 

I like players who show skill and determination so have big doubts about him. Hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by BP1960

We have had 3 very winnable games in the last week and won none. 

Were not showing from the start that we want to win it enough.

The team starts off as thou its an end of season game.

We just dont look hungry enough for the first 30mins until something changes.

Today it wasn't until Duckers went wide right and Byrne came more central that we looked like scoring.  

We need to start games with far more passion and more importantly the right line up.

RW still doesn't know the best starting set up and he is fast running out of time.

RW is stupid to say we were comfortable at 1-0 , no team is even Barcelona. 

As Cloughie used to say it only takes a second to score.

I fear the way Dale will start on Tuesday could see us 3 down before RW has sussed out 

the format he wants.

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

Was it Tom eaves who scored their equaliser for them...the same one who we sold  was it to Bolton? based on that pre season match?....

swine

He played really well when he came on. Put himself about and showed some decent skill.