Gillingam (h)

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Who’s gloating??? We are in the shit and people were loving how Tuesday night was the day we send Rochdale down when in fact they can now overtake us. Don’t be a prick I’m as pissed if as anyone but had we taken our chances today (again) the ref wouldn’t be an issue. It’s a message board - if everyone shut up it would be a quiet place 

If the ref wasn’t a totally inept ref we would have won. Fact. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If the ref wasn’t a totally inept ref we would have won. Fact. 

You didn’t put it in capitals so it doesn’t count! I’m just annoyed we were in a relative position of strength and now we are in real danger again - Tuesday is huge. It’s all gone a bit Theresa May and unfortunately bombing Rochdale isn’t an option 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

Im still probably emotional about the game but....

That was fucking shit. 2nd half we offered little to put the game to bed. As shit as the ref was we just werent good enough.

Play like that Tuesday night and Rochdale will hammer us. Really hope im wrong and I'm over-reacting.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't know if the penalty decision was correct, but we got exactly what we deserved today. Shite.

Said it for ages, and was widely ridiculed for it after Bury, but we have no leaders in there (exception of Gerrard) and nobody to drag us out of the shit...

Don’t think you were ridiculed. We had just come from two goals down that day. 

But it it seems you had a point. 

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

SOS SOS SOS john sheridan 

I doubt even Houdini would get the team out of this one! I still believe Latics will scrape it...just...and that Walsall will drop. Rochdale and Wimbledon are doing it with belief in themselves and will most probably escape the trapdoor. I think a feisty draw is on the cards at Spotland.

Referee was an absolute disgrace BUT he was a disgrace for both teams. If Moimbe has seen red for an elbow or a punch then he's an idiot. Why the hell would you do that in the box while the ball is in play. Chin him after 90 mins if he's pissed you off that much. 

Placide pulled off one great save didn't put a foot wrong

Hunt better again today

Gerrard absolute heroes block in 1st half

Edmundson one slight mistake in 2nd half but dealt with their strikers well

Moimbe absolute brain fart at the end

Byrne good assist. Too many wayward passes and zero effort in anything 

Gardner ran his bollocks off as usual and pressed them well

Fane quiet game. Some decent tackles

McEleney offered nothing today. Needs to be used off the bench not starting at moment

Doyle thought he should have done better with a few chances 

Nazon put the fear if God into them a few times when running at them. Great finish and deserved MOTM

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Referee was an absolute disgrace BUT he was a disgrace for both teams. If Moimbe has seen red for an elbow or a punch then he's an idiot. Why the hell would you do that in the box while the ball is in play. Chin him after 90 mins if he's pissed you off that much. 

Placide pulled off one great save didn't put a foot wrong

Hunt better again today

Gerrard absolute heroes block in 1st half

Edmundson one slight mistake in 2nd half but dealt with their strikers well

Moimbe absolute brain fart at the end

Byrne good assist. Too many wayward passes and zero effort in anything 

Gardner ran his bollocks off as usual and pressed them well

Fane quiet game. Some decent tackles

McEleney offered nothing today. Needs to be used off the bench not starting at moment

Doyle thought he should have done better with a few chances 

Nazon put the fear if God into them a few times when running at them. Great finish and deserved MOTM

You’d be a decent asset in the North Korean propaganda department jesus wept.

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't know if the penalty decision was correct, but we got exactly what we deserved today. Shite.

Said it for ages, and was widely ridiculed for it after Bury, but we have no leaders in there (exception of Gerrard) and nobody to drag us out of the shit...

We seem to be a couple of experienced, savvy pro's short.

Didnt really do enough to win but wtf we have seriously shot oursleves in the foot. Like a lot of comments im worried we dont have the effort in this team. More thsn enough ability but i dont think wellens is getting the best out of whats available to him. How we still set up woth 4 centre mids i dont know. At least he moved byrne to his best position and he had some influence. Edmondson was also another major positive and had a good game. Still should stay up as have a good run in 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Didnt really do enough to win but wtf we have seriously shot oursleves in the foot. Like a lot of comments im worried we dont have the effort in this team. More thsn enough ability but i dont think wellens is getting the best out of whats available to him. How we still set up woth 4 centre mids i dont know. At least he moved byrne to his best position and he had some influence. Edmondson was also another major positive and had a good game. Still should stay up as have a good run in 

I don't get this "good run-in".
There are no easy games in this situation, it's as simple as that.

A good run-in comes to a team in form, which Latics are anything but, at the moment.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If Moimbe threw a punch then he is a villain of the highest order.  He could cost us league 1 with that mindless stupidity. 

He shouldn't have done it, that much is certain but there are a myriad of other reason why Latics are under the threat of relegation. 

Just now, Wardie said:

He shouldn't have done it, that much is certain but there are a myriad of other reason why Latics are under the threat of relegation. 

Maybe. But this is the most recent and was easily avoided. The game was won. 

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't get this "good run-in".
There are no easy games in this situation, it's as simple as that.

A good run-in comes to a team in form, which Latics are anything but, at the moment.

Not playing team who are at top and in form or winning. Jesus who else do u want other than 2 more teams at home with nowt to play for and 3 sides in bottom 7 away. We have more talent than all of them and although we aren’t a great team you’d still have to say they could win every game