6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

He made enough chances for us to equalise tonight.

Doyle was shit and should’ve scored 5 but he doesn’t fit the Byrne mould for you to give abuse

Opinions. Bar 3 or 4 players they were all terrible. Imo the worst Byrne and by Davies. Byrne gets a pass by some “cos he’s class”.  He was far from class tonight. Poor. 

Edited by kowenicki

37 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The way he sets us up from the beginning is his fault Dave. The way he won’t pick AAH is his fault. Again we’ve looked far more threatening the minute he’s come on.The way we defend every fucking week is surely down to something we’re not doing right in training ? Honest to god he had my full backing. But he’s got no idea what to do ! He’ must be fired on the spot ! 

The writing was on the wall with starting Davies who won absolutely nothing and yet  again the opposition gains the early initiative.

That selection was down to RW alone.

The whole team looks disjointed and has done for a while.

Just now, BP1960 said:

The writing was on the wall with starting Davies who won absolutely nothing and yet  again the opposition gains the early initiative.

That selection was down to RW alone.

The whole team looks disjointed and has done for a while.

Davies did absolutely nothing... Except annoy me! 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Davies did absolutely nothing... Except annoy me! 

Davies isn’t fit according to Roy - ankle the size of a balloon apparently which is the managers fault - you don’t play unfit players (bar Shez and his glass knee) however much you want to. 

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tom Hamer. There's one.

How depressing is your life that you find pleasure in us doing shite? Seems to be the only thing that motivates you. That and following me round on here like some pathetic ex girlfriend who craves the attention  a bit more. Grow up.

Probably have a little 'told you so' party with a couple of others the same as you on here. 

Now fuck off and bother someone else. No need to act a cunt all your life

Lovely! must be a bummer the top half challenge is over. not to worry Richie will lead us to glory! Wouldn’t have happened under Corney’s watch

18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

He has a point though Byrne was shite tonight, an utter shadow of the player we thought we had signed.

He layed it on a plate for the strikers on numerous occasions...

He’s there to create chances and he did that enough times. The players who couldn’t hit a barn door are the ones who were shite

That was shit. We badly needed to set the tone tonight, come out and get in their faces from the get go. They would of come here expecting a battle and probably non too fussed about having one themselves being safe. I genuinely think they would of tailed off if we had and, although not guaranteeing us anything, certainly make life easier for ourselves.

But no, we start as we more often than not do, end up conceding early and give them, already playing with freedom, even more to do so. We then had to chase it and hope to score before they did. Once they did it was game over at 2-0.

I just cant for the life of me see how RW is going to get this lot to play anywhere good enough to win, which is what we definitely need now, on Saturday. Thats either morale wise or even to trust RW to get us playing how we should.

I genuinely fear for us, I really do, and not just this season either.

That's not how I thought that would have gone. The numbness I felt coming out if BP tonight was something I've not felt for ages. I'm normally pissed off or delighted. Tonight, the game and result just ebbed away in front of me. Whether it's the lack of battle and fight I see before me or just the disbelief that we seem so far behind other sides. There is no doubt Southend where barely out of 2nd gear. They could have tonked us today be 4 or 5. We seemed so contrived and awkward all game. We did create chances but everytime we shot or crossed, we looked to be stretching and straining. Holloway had two decent chances but scuffed it both times. Doyle looks like he needs a holiday, Davies didn't really do much. Across the board we looked so stiff and bereft of ideas. We are panicking but not turning it into positives. We are panicking and choking and the worst part is, it's far to late to do anything about it. I fear we are relying on individual brilliance from either Nazon and/ or Doyle to score important goals. We are a passenger now. We just have to hope the ride is smooth. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

That's not how I thought that would have gone. The numbness I felt coming out if BP tonight was something I've not felt for ages. I'm normally pissed off or delighted. Tonight, the game and result just ebbed away in front of me. Whether it's the lack of battle and fight I see before me or just the disbelief that we seem so far behind other sides. There is no doubt Southend where barely out of 2nd gear. They could have tonked us today be 4 or 5. We seemed so contrived and awkward all game. We did create chances but everytime we shot or crossed, we looked to be stretching and straining. Holloway had two decent chances but scuffed it both times. Doyle looks like he needs a holiday, Davies didn't really do much. Across the board we looked so stiff and bereft of ideas. We are panicking but not turning it into positives. We are panicking and choking and the worst part is, it's far to late to do anything about it. I fear we are relying on individual brilliance from either Nazon and/ or Doyle to score important goals. We are a passenger now. We just have to hope the ride is smooth. 

Totally agree

6 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

Spot on. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d take him back over our dodgy fucker !! 

Agree 100% we need a new keeper...the 2nd goal we conceded was a shocker from Jonny. Dived before the lad took the first shot so only managed to kick it straight to another lad cause he was on his arse! 

Bitterly disappointed and, as others have said, there is a feeling of shock. I don't think many of us foresaw this position with two games to go.

To have drawn the four we have had before tonight has confirmed a lot. I don't like to see managers come and go but it's often a question of what is deserved. Does Wellens, should we go down, deserve a chance? Judging on the squad and his woeful ability inspire it has to be a no.

I was really looking forward to next season; the first time in quite some years I've felt a bit of excitement but that has ebbed to nothingness. 

Astounding.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

What team does he pick Saturday when probably 8 don't deserve  to start?

You'd struggle to put out a passionate case for any at present. Doyle and Byrne are first names on the team sheet for me, defence and centre mid picks itself because we have no others. Holloway in for Davies, who was awful tonight, then take your pick from the rest

Unfortunately however it's a character issue, and I'm not sure selection decisions can fix that at this point