We still have a chance of staying up if we can win our last two games and others fuck up like we did tonight.The fat lady is currently gargling. 

I'm on my fourth  large whisky  and drowning  my memories  of tonight's pathetic so called  performance. 

Anyway  its history  now so on to Saturday for the last chance saloon and maybe end the season with a load of cobblers 

2 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Well I am now thinking its time to pack it in. Been 54 years but cant see this ever getting better. We do basics badly week in week out and when chips down tonight found wanting. 

As for easily bouncing back I am sure Chesterfield, Swindon, Coventry, Tranmere and Stockport thought the same. 

I blame Corney, his pals and all who have managed the club, Shez no innocent at start of season.  Been coming years..... Letting Dale and Walsall off the hook is criminal and sorry Wellens needs to go as soon as down.  TWO WINS might not now do it.... how shite. Remember Walsall or Northampton will get points at weekend as play one another. 

I renewed my season ticket today only on the sympathy on the new owners, if corney and his shower of crooks was still in charge there was no chance, I can’t believe we will get relegated and that twat has sold us off, as for Wellens it’s time to do one, how bad was that tonight!!!

5 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

I renewed my season ticket today only on the sympathy on the new owners, if corney and his shower of crooks was still in charge there was no chance, I can’t believe we will get relegated and that twat has sold us off, as for Wellens it’s time to do one, how bad was that tonight!!!

You have issues if you’ve spent £270 because you feel sorry for a wealthy ex agent! :D

Wide open midfield with no width

Defenders that struggle to defend - it is ok to boot the ball into the stand you know - don't have to always try and pass it out...

Like a fantasy football team- looks good on paper but ..

But I did think benteke showed that bit of composure the others didn't...

12 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

You have issues if you’ve spent £270 because you feel sorry for a wealthy ex agent! :D

No, just pissed off corney has done one out the back door when he has finally dragged us down with his cluster fuck decision over the years 

I would've gone for the same starting lineup as Wellens did so I find it hard to criticise him for that, but did he play 4-4-2 at the start with Byrne and the Duck on the flanks?  Criminal if so.

Today was a massive chance to get into a great position to stay up.  To lose in the manner we did is extremely worrying.

I now fear the worst going into the last 2 games.  I feel that we almost deserve to go down with the way we've been run in the last few years (or more) and the shambles this season is a culmination of that.

We have an inexperienced and threadbare backline and an attacking unit that, while possessing a fair amount of talent, doesn't really function very well.  Wellens has 2 games to make this work or he won't be in charge next season, don't envy him right now.

1 hour ago, suffolkkev said:

I was at Wimbledon and again tonight.  Poor first half at Wimbledon but great 2nd half response. Tonight we've had 16 shots and opportunities to shoot not taken.

We just have not had luck on our side recently. Penalty not given for us at Oxford and the unbelievable Gillingham decision in injury time. 4 points gone in two bad decisions.

When Wellens took over he said he wanted to be a lucky manager.  

Please, for just 2 games, can we have our good luck back? 

Bang on.....a very costly four points.

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Will be the second time for me.Can only hope and pray that we win our last two games but after tonight's lethargic inept gutless display I fear the worse.

The first 30 minutes were the worst I have witnessed .They ran rings round us and considering the importance of this game it was inexcusable.

Owd git ?

Strange to bring Stott back and then bench him, he's been in form and will have played alongside Edmundson plenty of times.

Have to think there is a reason why Nepo isn't starting.

But looking at it I think January is what has shafted us, good experienced players like Clarke, Flynn, Green pushed out early, we then had signed players sat in the stands unable to play, have not got going since then.

Still two games to go but whatever happens the reset button needs pushing in the summer, new manager has to be given clean slate and allowed to bring in players he wants.

Clarke going without a clear replacement is up there with starting a season without a first choice keeper. Flynns been a massive dissapointment so he's not loss.

Last night we were up against an athletic side who were better going forward than they were at the back..Doyles probably feeling the pressure hence him missing chances he would have buried when in Form. Not  that it matters but how did Holloway miss from 4 yards? Or fail to shoot later on? Is he a forward or not. The defense was poor but with the formation chosen we were all ways going to leave gaps..te defending for the 1st was awful. Gk error for the second.  There are too many faults in that team to fix. If we have only won once in 11 I can't see us getting more than draws unless Doncaster play a load of kids. Even then with confidence like it is I wouldn't bet on us winning..I got the impression he brought benteke on cause he's know the gigs up...He's not given him a chance until we were well beat 

We have rode our luck for several seasons now, always tipped to go down. I honestly think this is the season it could happen. So what's changed in this team as on paper they should be good enough to keep us up.  First time in memory we have 3/4 strikers, two in double figures, one of there first time those season we don't seem to have a natural born leader on that pitch to gee up the team, fight for the shirt, roar us on. They all take the credit when we have pull in the points and they should all shoulder the responsibility when we don't.  It's a bloody team game and I'm starting to hate it.

southend were worthy of the win, they should have been 3-0 up at HT, they adapted to the playing surface and played some decent stuff when we couldn't string two passes together or keep possessions at all in the first half.

remember it's in our hands....Christ this is not good

Edited by underdog

A game when the first to score would be favourite to win.  Why did they score because the player standing by the far post ran out after the ball again.  If he stays where he was they don't score.  Who was it?  Byrne.

To expose our young defence by playing Nazon and Byrne wide in midfield was a culpable error and another demonstration that Wellens has lost whatever he had before he was given the responsibility of managing our team full time.

Could have been 3 3 or 4 3 but we lost and the run comes to an end.  We still need just three points and with two games to go don't give up yet.  Three bottom teams got just the one point between them.  A win would be massive.  A draw at Northampton puts them below us but we have to rely on Walsall or Rochdale getting nothing else if we can only manage a draw.

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

We have rode our luck for several seasons now, always tipped to go down. I honestly think this is the season it could happen. So what's changed in this team as on paper they should be good enough to keep us up.  First time in memory we have 3/4 strikers, two in double figures, one of there first time those season we don't seem to have a natural born leader on that pitch to gee up the team, fight for the shirt, roar us on. They all take the credit when we have pull in the points and they should all shoulder the responsibility when we don't.  It's a bloody team game and I'm starting to hate it.

southend were worthy of the win, they should have been 3-0 up at HT, they adapted to the playing surface and played some decent stuff when we couldn't string two passes together or keep possessions at all in the first half.

remember it's in our hands....Christ this is not good

It was in our hands... not anymore. Have to hope Walsall or Dale slip up at some point 

9 hours ago, suffolkkev said:

I was at Wimbledon and again tonight.  Poor first half at Wimbledon but great 2nd half response. Tonight we've had 16 shots and opportunities to shoot not taken.

We just have not had luck on our side recently. Penalty not given for us at Oxford and the unbelievable Gillingham decision in injury time. 4 points gone in two bad decisions.

When Wellens took over he said he wanted to be a lucky manager.  

Please, for just 2 games, can we have our good luck back? 

We've had a bit of luck recently - Rochdale should have buried us..

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Few on twitter seem to think davies had a good game and Holloway did nothing when he came on. Thought they were joking at first! 

I think we’d have picked up more points than we have with Nepo and Holloway as regular starters

this lot are dragging our Club into the bottom tier of English Football for the first time since 1970-1971

we're all but down if you look at both AFC Wimbledon and Walsall have a game in hand on us, and we've played both in recent weeks but could only scrape a point in each game AND Rochdale have a better goal difference than us which is worth a point.

these days the bottom two in League 2 drop into Non League Football :jailed:

Edited by tGWB

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

this lot are dragging our Club into the bottom tier of English Football for the first time since 1973-1974

we're all but down if you look at both AFC Wimbledon and Walsall have a game in hand on us, and we've played both in recent weeks but could only scrape a point in each game AND Rochdale have a better goal difference than us which is worth a point.

What’s worst is that the chronic mismanagement and lack of investment over the past 10 years render it a total non-story. It’s been a waiting game which has been realised this season.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

this lot are dragging our Club into the bottom tier of English Football for the first time since 1970-1971

I've concluded that it's easier on my nerves - and blood pressure - to accept that we are going to get relegated, and anything different would be a bonus. 1970-71 was also my first season watching Latics, in the old Division 4, so it looks like I could be back where I started!

:(

Edited by LaticMark

I can't decide whether going into these final games with such an inexperienced back four is terrible luck or terrible management.

It was Clarke who played during Wellens good spell that got him the job rather than Gerrard - would Clarke have been injured now, or at all? Probably not. 

You've got to plan for Gerrard being injured because he often is but it now looks like we haven't. 

We sent the wrong man out on loan in my eyes. Although maybe only Clarke was wanted whereas Gerrard wasn't?

Stott and Edmundson have been out playing pub football when they could have been filling in here and there and getting the valuable League One experience that they're missing now we're reliant on them... And what's this going to do to them if we continue to ship goals in these last two games & go down?