1 minute ago, League one forever said:

That’s the nature of things.

Have many times, and how many managers have we had, where we miss 2/3/4 great chances, and then they go and score. Doesn’t happen to other sides with the same regularity it does with us. 

The buck stops with the manager. 

So what you are saying is that Latics have had a succession of shit managers.

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The way he sets us up from the beginning is his fault Dave. The way he won’t pick AAH is his fault. Again we’ve looked far more threatening the minute he’s come on.The way we defend every fucking week is surely down to something we’re not doing right in training ? Honest to god he had my full backing. But he’s got no idea what to do ! He’ must be fired on the spot ! 

Fair enough.  I don't see enough to comment on the specifics

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Fair enough.  I don't see enough to comment on the specifics

And not one person here is turning against him. I will take no pleasure , as some seem to do in a seemingly decent bloke with an affiliation with us , losing his job. However I love OAFC more than I love RW. I’d get rid tonight. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And not one person here is turning against him. I will take no pleasure , as some seem to do in a seemingly decent bloke with an affiliation with us , losing his job. However I love OAFC more than RW. I’d get rid tonight. 

It’s are only chance we won’t win again if we don’t. Paul terry anyone?

Just now, Wardie said:

So what you are saying is that Latics have had a succession of shit managers.

Yep. 

We were always ‘unlucky’ under Penney, Dickov, Robinson, Dunn, Kelly, and now wellens. 

You make your own luck IMO, and under shez we did. Hence we stayed up twice, when all looked lost. 

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s are only chance we won’t win again if we don’t. Paul terry anyone?

Yeah cos he’s been a revelation teaching defending so far. Don’t be ridiculous! Bring any other manager in for me ,a tried and tested , just for the few remaining games and like has been said earlier hope for that bounce and win a couple. 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The way he sets us up from the beginning is his fault Dave. The way he won’t pick AAH is his fault. Again we’ve looked far more threatening the minute he’s come on.The way we defend every fucking week is surely down to something we’re not doing right in training ? Honest to god he had my full backing. But he’s got no idea what to do ! He’ must be fired on the spot ! 

I wouldn’t bother. 

Seriously, what chance are giving someone? Especially an outsider. If we did I would of been tempted to give it TP, but we can’t.  Best to stick with him now, and see if he can get a couple of results. 

It would be pointless to sack Wellens now. The die is already cast and we might as well accept that. Two games left, they realistically have to win both and that may still not be enough to escape the trapdoor. Relegation is gut wrenching but if it happens, it happens. 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah cos he’s been a revelation teaching defending so far. Don’t be ridiculous! Bring any other manager in for me ,a tried and tested , just for the few remaining games and like has been said earlier hope for that bounce and win a couple. 

There really isn't any point in even attempting that.
No one with any modicum of sense would even take it on.

3 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Well I am now thinking its time to pack it in. Been 54 years but cant see this ever getting better. We do basics badly week in week out and when chips down tonight found wanting. 

As for easily bouncing back I am sure Chesterfield, Swindon, Coventry, Tranmere and Stockport thought the same. 

I blame Corney, his pals and all who have managed the club, Shez no innocent at start of season.  Been coming years..... Letting Dale and Walsall off the hook is criminal and sorry Wellens needs to go as soon as down.  TWO WINS might not now do it.... how shite. Remember Walsall or Northampton will get points at weekend as play one another. 

Yeah, you make some good points there. I still don’t think we should be struggling this badly, and wellens should and will take his share of blame. 

BUT the general direction of the club, has been so poor, for so long, that the brutal truth is this has been coming for a long time. It wasn’t for shez it would of been last year. Oh, and the year before that. 

You can only hope, if we do go down. It’s a time to reassess, and with a new owner start running the club properly again. 

that was an absolute shambles.....from the management team. i loved wellens when he started, played some of the best football in years but since xmas he seems to have totally lost the plot. tonight was the first time I've ever seen a pro game descend into a sunday afternoon game in park where our striker is slide tackling the opposition on the end of our box when one of the other 3 strikers argues with our sulking midfielder in oppositions half. also playing 4-2-4 for 40 mins with no wide play is rubbish also got his tactics wrong at start and had to change about 15 mins in when we should have already been 2 or 3 down. he hasn't got a clue of how to set us up to win games or keep it tight, we as a club should no after having shez save us for years on end that you have to keep clean sheets in big games. we look like letting 3 a half in.

i literally hope the hammering tonight gives him a wake up call to change things, it could be the best thing for us as a 1-0 and he stays the same. i just hope the players haven't all kicked off between themselves after having to play in that tonight. get a winger or two in, play a solid formation and count on doyle nicking one or throwing strikers on for last 10 to win it 1-0. still can survive but for me this lot, even though they have more talent are destined to drop

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Fuck me. Garbage. Davies and Byrne particularly! I don’t care if Jack is out ‘best’ player, he was crap again tonight. Utter crap. 

He made enough chances for us to equalise tonight.

Doyle was shit and should’ve scored 5 but he doesn’t fit the Byrne mould for you to give abuse

Total garbage tonight .When we were looking for a team who would play with passion we got indecision,woeful defending and they were running rings round us .

If we go down then some of the players should take a good long look in the mirror and ask themselves"could ihave done better or give a fuck "

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Haven't we missed many good chances?  Is that Wellens' fault?

But they also missed a hatful of chances, our players stood like rabbits in headlights every time they attacked.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Can’t wait for Mcfluff to find the positives in this.

Tom Hamer. There's one.

How depressing is your life that you find pleasure in us doing shite? Seems to be the only thing that motivates you. That and following me round on here like some pathetic ex girlfriend who craves the attention  a bit more. Grow up.

Probably have a little 'told you so' party with a couple of others the same as you on here. 

Now fuck off and bother someone else. No need to act a cunt all your life

34 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

its too late to sack him........i totally agree the way he is setting us up isn't getting the best out of the squad but could we get someone in with enough time to get a tactic across in training and select a winning team without knowing the personel? . AAH does create problems, id have to ask why nepo can't get a game. nazon is great but it just isn't working with him in a 3 as he just wants to shoot all the time and he gives no cover to the full back behind him. the defence is another issue but bryne in a 3 when he doesn't work that hard hardly helps

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

He made enough chances for us to equalise tonight.

Doyle was shit and should’ve scored 5 but he doesn’t fit the Byrne mould for you to give abuse

He has a point though Byrne was shite tonight, an utter shadow of the player we thought we had signed.