Most important game in recent history?

My first game with my dad was against Bournemouth in 1970/71 , both teams were promoted and it was the last time we were in the fourth tier.

Unlikely many other recent seasons this set of players have failed miserably to get clear of the drop zone.

Three hours with no goals at home to two mid division teams is little short of pathetic.

Tonight's game between Scunthorpe and Plymouth could have Charlton almost assured of the playoffs or needing a result.

Who knows what attitude Northampton will take  , we could lose and stay up or draw and go down.

Rochdale have done very well to turn their games in hand into a position to stay up .

I have a feeling we will survive , probably due to Charlton beating Rochdale ......lets hope so because our lot have forgotten how to win a game.

Scunthorpe 1 up. But looking at the table, whatever the result it doesn’t really matter Charlton still need 1 point to guarantee and 3 points if they wanna get 5th, so they’ll be going for it whatever the outcome.

3 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Scunthorpe 1 up. But looking at the table, whatever the result it doesn’t really matter Charlton still need 1 point to guarantee and 3 points if they wanna get 5th, so they’ll be going for it whatever the outcome.

One point is no good us if we lose.

21 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

You’re right BP. I was talking from a Charlton point of view... but as it happens, they’re practically certs for play offs now anyway. 

Strangley, the loss of 2 points from the Moimbe incident now has no bearing on the weekend relegation situation.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Strangley, the loss of 2 points from the Moimbe incident now has no bearing on the weekend relegation situation.

Yes it does.  If we had two points more we could lose and Dale draw and we'd stay up.  Not the case now

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes it does.  If we had two points more we could lose and Dale draw and we'd stay up.  Not the case now

Indeed Dave, if we'd have beaten Gillingham a draw would be enough on Saturday nevermind Dale's result. 

How crucial does Jonnys Penalty save at Spotland look right now?

That would have put us on 48 points and Dale on 50 points with a superior goal difference. Dale and charlton could just then play out a draw on saturday knowing that it would be good enough for both teams.

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Stranger than fiction. Except it's fiction.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

How crucial does Jonnys Penalty save at Spotland look right now?

That would have put us on 48 points and Dale on 50 points with a superior goal difference. Dale and charlton could just then play out a draw on saturday knowing that it would be good enough for both teams.

Ah yes, a bit like " The Disgrace of Gijón"

On 29 April 2018 at 12:34 PM, L1onheartNew said:

You need to fly Virgin Australia mate. I watched the Wimbledon game on my way to Perth from Brisbane!

Not Virgin unfortunately. I am flying United, so an American airline allowing me to watch "football" is a slim chance. But it is an American airline, all I have to do is get a gun and demand they play the Latics game. Job done!

20 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

Not Virgin unfortunately. I am flying United, so an American airline allowing me to watch "football" is a slim chance. But it is an American airline, all I have to do is get a gun and demand they play the Latics game. Job done!

Bet the CIA are currently assessing this post..

2 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

Or offer them some donuts?