Wellens Post Match

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Subscription needed. Got a free one ? Love to hear excuses. 

Didn't seem to be too pleased with his goalkeeper, bad start to the season and Janaury big cause and injurues played a part in the decline.

Appeared to take a stab at some of the signings.

Praised Hamer and Edmundson.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't seem to be too pleased with his goalkeeper, bad start to the season and Janaury big cause and injurues played a part in the decline.

Appeared to take a stab at some of the signings.

Praised Hamer and Edmundson.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Mainly 2 transfer windows have cost us (1 point from Aug and Jan).

Also injuries.

So pisspoor excuses again then ? He had enough to get us over the line. Some real wank sides managed it Rochdale Walsall and Wimbledon for example. He should resign immediately 

He threw a little dig at AL in too . Said the club needs to change the way it recruits players and look at character as well, instead of just picking  them off a piece of paper.

Compared to some of the shite teams we have put out in the last 10 years he had some real talent at his disposal. To have this team relegated shows some real tactical balls up. 

To not play to Doyle and Byrnes strengths when they are clearly a cut above the rest of the team was to me criminal. 

Time to go richie

7 minutes ago, bozman said:

He threw a little dig at AL in too . Said the club needs to change the way it recruits players and look at character as well, instead of just picking  them off a piece of paper.

sounds like a suicide note 

1 minute ago, philliggi said:

Compared to some of the shite teams we have put out in the last 10 years he had some real talent at his disposal. To have this team relegated shows some real tactical balls up. 

To not play to Doyle and Byrnes strengths when they are clearly a cut above the rest of the team was to me criminal. 

Time to go richie

I listened to the radio commentary and all I heard in the last 20 minutes  was Byrne picking the ball up on the halfway line.

Why wasn't he around their penalty area where most needed?

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

He has a point.  I fear for next season as most of the foreign legion hasn't been good enough.

Starting with a manager who's knowledgable at L2 level and knows the player market in non-league.  

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nothing he's said isn't true and the relegation certainly isn't his fault.

Yep, he's done a cracking job, really.

Get rid of everyone apart from Hamer and Edmudnson.  The fact they were our scorers today I think is indicative..

Stick Philliskirk in charge.  Just a shame all the youth players who learnt how to win and be winners have been released.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some of it was surely?

Totally agree with him and the sooner these losers for chairmen continue to use us as their play thing we will sink even lower, danger now is AL brings in some foreign yes man whose going to play along to AL's every whim.

42 minutes ago, bozman said:

I’d argue we need to look at the way recruit managers.  Close the door behind you Richie. 

Edited by kowenicki

The least I would have expected is an apology to the fans ? Did he not take any responsibility at all ? As another poster has pointed out in another thread , they don’t deserve the great support they get especially away from home. But even at home imo there isn’t really a toxic atmosphere after some real abject non performances in vital matches. 

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Totally agree with him and the sooner these losers for chairmen continue to use us as their play thing we will sink even lower, danger now is AL brings in some foreign yes man whose going to play along to AL's every whim.

This is such shit!  The team and squad was good enough to stay up. It was mis-managed and mis-selected.  it’s so easy to blame the owners/chairman.  It’s weak and it’s easy.  

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This is such shit!  The team and squad was good enough to stay up. It was mis-managed and mis-selected.  it’s so easy to blame the owners/chairman.  It’s weak and it’s easy.  

Interfering meddling chairman have us in the position we are in, keep sacking the managers and blaming them but it doesn't solve the problem, AL forcing a load of crap players firstly on Shez and then on Wellens sealed our fate, I can guarantee you we would of had a very different season if Shez was allowed his one main transfer target instead of the clown we've got for a keeper now, clubs a joke and the one person who can change that is the owner.