Wellens Post Match

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Interfering meddling chairman have us in the position we are in, keep sacking the managers and blaming them but it doesn't solve the problem, AL forcing a load of crap players firstly on Shez and then on Wellens sealed our fate, I can guarantee you we would of had a very different season if Shez was allowed his one main transfer target instead of the clown we've got for a keeper now, clubs a joke and the one person who can change that is the owner.

Think this hits the nail on the head, I’ve just got Home from six fields and feel today’s performance summed up our season in general, we are group of individuals no team ethos at all and no balance 

im not fussed if Wellens stays or goes but one thing is certain the recruitment of the squad was shocking, no balance in the side and ultimately the games we’ve played with balance, a right midfield player with a right foot who plays there and a left footed left midfield player (Bradford at home) we’ve done well

byrne is a no10, Doyle needed someone next to him upfront, Nazon isn’t a wide player, it’s not rocket science put round pegs in fucking round holes

People need to accept that it’s culamative effect. 

Corney.

Cheap/Bad appointments. 

Shez rescues.

Cheap/bad appointments. 

Shez rescues.

New man/New ideas/power struggle. 

Divided club. 

The ‘french lads’ 

Rookie Manager out of his depth. 

When you look at us over the last 3 season in particular, we’ve been a disaster waiting to happen. 

BUT. Having said all that we still had a good enough squad to stay up IMO. 

It is in part the way the club has been run, and a manager who hasn’t done the buisnees. 

IF. 

We get a solid manager, and the squad is invested in the same it has been this year- WITH THE PLAYERS THE MANGERS WANTS. We could do well next year. 

Unfortunatley i just see more kamkazie stewardship and very high player turnover. 

Problem is the owner is no doubt heavily involved in the recruitment hence Wellens comments

cannot see how we can enjoy

a successful season who ever is in charge with an owner doing the recruitment 

Wellens is the reason Doyle, Bryan and Byrne came

ALs only 2 players that did ok were placide and moimbe, the rest were awful 

On the plus side Ollie Banks is a decent league two player as Swindon testify and he played well against Carlisle in jPt scoring a worldie 

Edited by Brisbaneblue

The root of the problem isn't who is thrown the poisoned chalice of manager of the club but the circus that the club has become over the years. It is rotten to the core and events over the last month have convinced me about that even more. That is the real problem going into next season and  I cannot get the experience of Orient over the last few years out of my mind.

Wellens has certainly been part of the problem and I'd have no problem if today was his last match in charge.  The squad we've had this season hasn't been balanced in so many ways, but it's had more individual quality in it that most of the squads that we've had in League One.  He should've found a way to keep us up, no doubt about it.

That said, off the pitch (in no small part to the takeover) we've been an unstable clusterfuck.  I have faith (probably blind) that things will turn out better for the takeover, but it's played a big part in the uncertainty that's clouded the whole season.  Wellens takes his fair share of the blame but to pin it all on him would be sweeping our problems under the carpet.  If AL doesn't address our club's problems by next season then we could easily go for back-to-back relegations.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wellens has certainly been part of the problem and I'd have no problem if today was his last match in charge.  The squad we've had this season hasn't been balanced in so many ways, but it's had more individual quality in it that most of the squads that we've had in League One.  He should've found a way to keep us up, no doubt about it.

That said, off the pitch (in no small part to the takeover) we've been an unstable clusterfuck.  I have faith (probably blind) that things will turn out better for the takeover, but it's played a big part in the uncertainty that's clouded the whole season.  Wellens takes his fair share of the blame but to pin it all on him would be sweeping our problems under the carpet.  If AL doesn't address our club's problems by next season then we could easily go for back-to-back relegations.

Absolutely spot on!

My kids are telling me that I have drunk too much wine but I couldn't agree more!  (off to bed now though).

Too many problems for now,

Trust "The Trust" and see what transpires.  The rest is emotional bolllocks!!!.  Disagree?  Tell your Trust rep !!!

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think ‘enlightened’ is the wrong word but... it’s an absolute shit storm behind the scenes and Wellens has had a rough deal...

Ok. 

Well for you to say that, and do 180 on everything you’ve said. You must of become aware of info that’s pretty dramatically changed your mind?

I’m not asking for what you know, I’m asking to what degree does this change your opinion of his ability to change a game, be tatctically astute etc. . 

With this information, would you be inclined to keep him on? If you were in charge? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Interfering meddling chairman have us in the position we are in, keep sacking the managers and blaming them but it doesn't solve the problem, AL forcing a load of crap players firstly on Shez and then on Wellens sealed our fate, I can guarantee you we would of had a very different season if Shez was allowed his one main transfer target instead of the clown we've got for a keeper now, clubs a joke and the one person who can change that is the owner.

Spot on !

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ok. 

Well for you to say that, and do 180 on everything you’ve said. You must of become aware of info that’s pretty dramatically changed your mind?

I’m not asking for what you know, I’m asking to what degree does this change your opinion of his ability to change a game, be tatctically astute etc. . 

With this information, would you be inclined to keep him on? If you were in charge? 

Think it boils down to the circumstances. I think he will go on and do well if he moves on.

I think with his own team and players we could be very good but with this owner it is never going to happen- for any manager that plays under this owner.

23 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think it boils down to the circumstances. I think he will go on and do well if he moves on.

I think with his own team and players we could be very good but with this owner it is never going to happen- for any manager that plays under this owner.

Very depressing.

That does not in any way bode well. 

Ffs. 

But still, He did get a lot of his choices in Jan- and played them, so he can’t of been under massive pressure to play the French lads, because they’ve hardly figured. 

He never got the best out of Byrne or played him high up enough up the pitch. 

We lost our tactics/style very quickly. 

Two questions,

1. Do you now absolve wellens of any blame? 

2. From your info, would you rather have SC or AL? 

Edited by League one forever

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Very depressing.

That does not in any way bode well. 

Ffs. 

But still, He did get a lot of his choices in Jan- and played them, so he can’t of been under massive pressure to play the French lads, because they’ve hardly figured. 

He never got the best out of Byrne or played him high up enough up the pitch. 

We lost our tactics/style very quickly. 

Two questions,

1. Do you now absolve wellens of any blame? 

2. From your info, would you rather have SC or AL? 

1.) No. Some decisions weren’t the right one tactically yesterday and throughout the season including some bizarre subs.

2.) God. No idea. 

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I can guarantee you we would of had a very different season if Shez was allowed his one main transfer target instead of the clown we've got for a keeper now, clubs a joke and the one person who can change that is the owner.

I stand to be corrected on this point but wasn't a decent offer made to Ripley with the response that he was insistent on playing in the Championship?

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I stand to be corrected on this point but wasn't a decent offer made to Ripley with the response that he was insistent on playing in the Championship?

Correct as far as I know. We held on for far too long trying to get him. Shez then insisted on playing Wilson and Ruddy, both of them way off League 1 standard. Somewhat ironic that Ripley ended up in League 1 after all.

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ripley all but signed until AL pulled the plug on the deal and forced Placide on Shez, I posted it on here at the time and it was the one decision that vexed Shez the most which resulted in him throwing his toys out of the pram, Ripley wanted to come back here it was his preferred option but AL wanted his own clown in goal.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Ripley all but signed until AL pulled the plug on the deal and forced Placide on Shez, I posted it on here at the time and it was the one decision that vexed Shez the most which resulted in him throwing his toys out of the pram, Ripley wanted to come back here it was his preferred option but AL wanted his own clown in goal.

And as entertaining as I have found Placide at times, he has been an absolute fucking clown for a good few games this season costing us points.

18 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Correct as far as I know. We held on for far too long trying to get him. Shez then insisted on playing Wilson and Ruddy, both of them way off League 1 standard. Somewhat ironic that Ripley ended up in League 1 after all.

Even more ironic that he ended up on the bench of a team bottom of League 1