2018 Sell, Release or Keep. Midfielders

2018 Sell, Release of Keep. Midfielders.  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

• Sell
    • Keep
  2. 2. Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

• Sell
    • Keep
  3. 3.  Dan Gardner (2019)

• Sell
    • Keep
  4. 4. Jack Byrne (2020)

• Sell
    • Keep
  5. 5. Ryan McLaughlin (End of Contract)

• Release
    • New contract
  6. 6. Mason Fawn (End of Contract)

• Release
    • New contract
  7. 7. Paul Green (End of contract)

• Release
    • New contract
  8. 8. Tope Obadeyi (End of contract)

• Release
    • New contract
  9. 9. Ollie Banks (End of contract)

• Release
    • New contract

I can’t actually decide on two of these because I haven’t seen them... but I suppose if they haven’t got a game in this team they must be properly shit..... or Wellens has been as stubborn as Shez was before him. 

Anyhow. They can mostly feck off for me. 

22 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I'd release green... But i actually think we may have stayed up with him in and around the squad... 

I was thinking that, he covered more ground than any other player and had a great game in the Checkatrade before being loaned out. Certainly a better option than Benyu.

Green, McLaughlin and Tope will be away.

Hard to see a way back for Fane.

Think Byrne and Gardner will stay, there must be more to come from McEleney.

We need a general type in the middle, someone like a John Welsh.

Always wanted to see Gary Roberts in a Latics shirt.

They can all go they are a shower of shit with no heart , they can’t play as part of a team, most of them can’t trap a ball or put in a decent tackle or cross, the are not fit for purpose. 

The club is in dire straits play hard working young lads who want to make their way not mercenaries...were are going further down anyway, might as well go down with passion and heart 

The way I feel at the moment with our squad, i’ve voted to get rid of everybody except Hamer, Edmundson, Hunt, Gardner, Dummigan and Byrne. Unlikely but i’d re-sign Doyle, Nazon and Bryan. Major overhaul required. Absolute spineless the rest of them.

Just now, daniel said:

The way I feel at the moment with our squad, i’ve voted to get rid of everybody except Hamer, Edmundson, Hunt, Gardner, Dummigan and Byrne. Unlikely but i’d re-sign Doyle, Nazon and Bryan. Major overhaul required. Absolute spineless the rest of them.

I think who we keep/don't keep depends on whether Wellens stays or not.

If he does he knows which players he can't work with. 

If he goes a new man could get a tune out of players Wellens couldn't....

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

I think who we keep/don't keep depends on whether Wellens stays or not.

If he does he knows which players he can't work with. 

If he goes a new man could get a tune out of players Wellens couldn't....

I’ll be very very surprised if Wellens is here next season. I blame a lot of things for us going down, RW is one of them, I just can’t forgive the last month or so, we literally threw the towel in, players and manager. 

Think RW should be given a chance and build around Placide Edmundson Hamer Gardner and Byrne Dummigan and hunt plus 2 attacking wide midfielders bring Duffus back from Waterford with his attacking counterpart from there as they've been scoring regularly and also Gerard in player coach role 

12 hours ago, daniel said:

I’ll be very very surprised if Wellens is here next season. I blame a lot of things for us going down, RW is one of them, I just can’t forgive the last month or so, we literally threw the towel in, players and manager. 

No way RW ‘threw in the towel’

Can see and hear him battling his inner frustration in his pressers, if he had ‘threw in the towel’ he wouldn’t still be doing interviews and hoping to keep his job.

13 minutes ago, peteg999 said:

Think RW should be given a chance and build around Placide Edmundson Hamer Gardner and Byrne Dummigan and hunt plus 2 attacking wide midfielders bring Duffus back from Waterford with his attacking counterpart from there as they've been scoring regularly and also Gerard in player coach role 

Some might say the only thing we should build around the goalkeeper is a 10 foot high brick wall.

Edited by BP1960

12 hours ago, daniel said:

More or less agree but would not keep Nazon...headless chicken, or Bryan...massively overrated and want our young lads to develop

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I chose release for Ollie Banks though Swindon fans rave about him... maybe league 2 is his level and worth a punt?

No thanks. We have Byrne for the hollywood stuff, and Gardner for the not tackling stuff.

Don’t think we will keep Byrne think a few teams will put a bid in, still undecided on gardener some games looks great others terrible, you could see as the season progresssed his confidence diminished possibly down to management, he has ability just maybe needs the right man to bring the best out of him