Transfer Rumours

19 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Supposedly interested in Stourbridge striker, Montel Gibson - ex Grimsby - 19 goals in all competitions this season albeit Mansfield also interested.

https://t.co/b41pPdQtPM

We offer £800pw. Mansield offer £1000 pw. Where does he go?

The only way to get anyone half decent is to pay off the loan and hope we can find another Doyle and Sturridge.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, al_bro said:

We offer £800pw. Mansield offer £1000 pw. Where does he go?

The only way to get anyone half decent is to pay off the loan and hope we can find another Doyle and Sturridge.

Wouldn't he be our first Sturridge? 🤔

13 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

As old as that. I feel very old looking at him 

I recall an away game at Brentford on August Bank Holiday weekend. The real police were at the Notting Hill carnival; I'd swear the ones at Griffin Park were teenagers at most. Even wearing his helmet one didn't come up to my chin. 

We obv need reinforcements but lost on why we are signing midfielders. That should be bottom of our list or priorities. Clearly we need 2 strikers first and foremost with dearnleys Injury record and the fact we are playing wingers up there in dkd or baha. Then it’s centre backs next.. We have whelan, missilou, cisse, hopcutt, Adams, hope - who is a mid in previous clubs, Vaughan, baha, Keillor Dunn, stobbs, diarra, who can all play in midfield or wings. Although majority are naff it’s at either end we need immediate help. Unless a few of them are going I just can’t see the need to sign hunt. If we don’t sign strikers then everyone at the club has lost the plot 

7 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

We obv need reinforcements but lost on why we are signing midfielders. That should be bottom of our list or priorities. Clearly we need 2 strikers first and foremost with dearnleys Injury record and the fact we are playing wingers up there in dkd or baha. Then it’s centre backs next.. We have whelan, missilou, cisse, hopcutt, Adams, hope - who is a mid in previous clubs, Vaughan, baha, Keillor Dunn, stobbs, diarra, who can all play in midfield or wings. Although majority are naff it’s at either end we need immediate help. Unless a few of them are going I just can’t see the need to sign hunt. If we don’t sign strikers then everyone at the club has lost the plot 

Said it before Mo is absolutely in Footy manager mode 

you spend the whole window knowing you need a striker but then Van Dijk comes available on a free at 45 years old and you think “go on then”

I got stuck with a crocked Van Nistelrooy once on that basis and spent the full 2 years of his contract fining him 2 weeks wages every 2 weeks for “no reason” to try and get him to fuck off 

I just wish the ones Mo was going for instead where of that quality.

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Said it before Mo is absolutely in Footy manager mode 

you spend the whole window knowing you need a striker but then Van Dijk comes available on a free at 45 years old and you think “go on then”

I got stuck with a crocked Van Nistelrooy once on that basis and spent the full 2 years of his contract fining him 2 weeks wages every 2 weeks for “no reason” to try and get him to fuck off 

I just wish the ones Mo was going for instead where of that quality.

Ha agree. It’s like he’s ready to delete the game and is just seeing who would sign or is about to try some random formations. We will prob line up with a 3-7-0 or 4-6-0 formation next game 

1 minute ago, Bigtic1975 said:

Hopefully this will mean we don't see anymore Cisse I would love to see at least one out and out forward and drop hope 

I mean he is shite. But he’s nowhere near the biggest issue. He’s useful to a point in that he can just about be the break up play defensive mid. It’s touch and go but I rec he’s more usefull there than diarra. I just hope missilou is near his best. Can’t seen hunt playing next to whelan or Vaughan in the middle with no defensive mid in there 

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People are moaning we have signed midfielders like we've had prime Keane and Scholes in midfield all season. Yes, we haven't scored many, but our midfield haven't exactly provided bags of quality chances for anyone up top or a solid cover for the defence

I think we know we have problems everywhere but I’ve seen enough at both ends to know the midfield aren’t to blame for a large chunk of goals against or out lack of ability to score goals. Our finishing and movement up top is abysmal. I can’t sit here and say we haven’t won games as the midfield haven’t created anything. I’ve seen a few Adams crosses that have put it on a plate for people only to miss or one ball over top end up in our goal. 

39 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I think we know we have problems everywhere but I’ve seen enough at both ends to know the midfield aren’t to blame for a large chunk of goals against or out lack of ability to score goals. Our finishing and movement up top is abysmal. I can’t sit here and say we haven’t won games as the midfield haven’t created anything. I’ve seen a few Adams crosses that have put it on a plate for people only to miss or one ball over top end up in our goal. 

Can’t agree… the midfield is woeful. We needed to bolster that every bit as much as we need a striker and another centre back. 

41 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I think we know we have problems everywhere but I’ve seen enough at both ends to know the midfield aren’t to blame for a large chunk of goals against or out lack of ability to score goals. Our finishing and movement up top is abysmal. I can’t sit here and say we haven’t won games as the midfield haven’t created anything. I’ve seen a few Adams crosses that have put it on a plate for people only to miss or one ball over top end up in our 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can’t agree… the midfield is woeful. We needed to bolster that every bit as much as we need a striker and another centre back. 

How big is the budget? We surely can’t carry 8-10 mids and get the centre half and striker cover we desp need 

Archived