Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Sounds like Grimsby wanted to keep him, but weren't prepared to pay the 100% of his wages that Sheff Weds wanted. 

We can't pay any of his wages. The EFL loan won't allow it.

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Missilou coming back will hopefully strengthen the midfield - at least he tackles!!

Unless we get at least one additional striker in though I can’t see us scoring enough goals to win enough matches to stay up.

Missile did score the odd few too but we still need that striker agreed 

I must be in the small minority judging off comments on Facebook and twitter but im just not excited by Missilou signing in the slightest. For a start we are crying out for 3-4 strikers/forward thinking players, and we've signed up a lad who was dross last time he was here and got released, and all he does is run about in midfield like a headless chicken.

Crap signing in my opinion, but prepared to be slaughtered because he's the second coming of Roy Keane according to some on social media 

2 hours ago, JTM said:

I must be in the small minority judging off comments on Facebook and twitter but im just not excited by Missilou signing in the slightest. For a start we are crying out for 3-4 strikers/forward thinking players, and we've signed up a lad who was dross last time he was here and got released, and all he does is run about in midfield like a headless chicken.

Crap signing in my opinion, but prepared to be slaughtered because he's the second coming of Roy Keane according to some on social media 

I don’t consider him anything like even the 10th coming of Roy Keane (not even at his age now) - I’m certainly not masturbating over it but dross is a bit unfair 

He tackles and scores the odd goal neither of which Whelan does, Bowden didn't, Bettache didn't and Cisse doesn’t either on what we have seen so far 

We need strikers I agree and everyone in the galaxy bar Mo recognise that 

18 minutes ago, JTM said:

Certainly not the second coming of Roy Keane, but at least he will put a tackle in. We’ve been way too lightweight in centre midfield for a couple of seasons now. I definitely think he will add a bit of ‘bite’ in there and we won’t be as much of a soft touch as we have been.

We definitely need at least one striker though, personally I think we need two. We could do with a big target man who can knock centre backs out of their comfort zone, and a smaller striker with an eye for goal. I’d try to get McAleny back from Salford because he doesn’t seem to be wanted there.

17 minutes ago, JTM said:

The one thing we've missed (apart from a goalscorer) is someone to break up the play. Whelan puts a shift in but it isn't really his game. Cisse promised to be that player but he's looked a million miles off. If the rumoured kid from Wednesday comes in who sounds like your more creative midfielder, I can see a 3 man midfield of Whelan, missile and him being pretty solid. As far as looking to bring in strikers, if you're expecting a proven goalscorer ( or anything close) to come in you'll be disappointed. We'd be taking punts on either unknowns or players who've been out of form IMO and that's a waste of the limited spots we've got available....

12 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Missilou is a good signing, we need to scrap our way out of this mess and that starts in midfield

I would much rather see an experienced pro who can put himself about rather than some young kid who is learning his craft and may well struggle with the pressures of playing in a team that is fighting for its league status. It has been obvious that we need players who have the stomach for a fight and can close down and bully the opposition.

7 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

I would much rather see an experienced pro who can put himself about rather than some young kid who is learning his craft and may well struggle with the pressures of playing in a team that is fighting for its league status. It has been obvious that we need players who have the stomach for a fight and can close down and bully the opposition.

You’ve got to hope that the price which AL can get for the club increases sufficiently on the back of securing league status to make it worth his while spending to achieve that.

Hence he is incentivised to spend 80 to 100k on wages to bring in four reasonable players for 4 months at c1k per week each. Got to be worth it, albeit that clearly doesn’t guarantee survival 

It's simple.  We need to score more and concede less which means changing the spine of the team.

A better goalkeeper, centre half, midfield and striker so at least four players.  Remember these players were comprehensively beaten by the team one place above us - there was no fight or belief.

Missile will run about just like Hope does but if this is Marco & Mo trying to get us out of the mess they put us in no chance.

Enjoyed my chips with curry sauce and a couple of pints watching Mossley win yesterday.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

You’ve got to hope that the price which AL can get for the club increases sufficiently on the back of securing league status to make it worth his while spending to achieve that.

Hence he is incentivised to spend 80 to 100k on wages to bring in four reasonable players for 4 months at c1k per week each. Got to be worth it, albeit that clearly doesn’t guarantee survival 

Would be nice but we can only offer a max of £800 a week. We're not gettin quality players. We're in a position where we have to go for cheap players maybe from non league and hope we find couple of unearthed talents

Archived