Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Careca9 said:

I poss agree but not sure if he won’t accept less than a certain amount for the club why he’d let it go to ruins and lose it all. Must be money laundering and actually making money somehow from it.  No other justifiable reason why you would hold on now. 

If you are right, then you could speculate that the money wasn’t his. In that made up scenario it would be possible that the money used, does not “belong” to our owner and still needs to be paid back. Hence it would be a daunting and difficult decision to accept less then 6 million for the club.  Easier just to pretend everything with be OK.

12 hours ago, Careca9 said:

I poss agree but not sure if he won’t accept less than a certain amount for the club why he’d let it go to ruins and lose it all. Must be money laundering and actually making money somehow from it.  No other justifiable reason why you would hold on now. 

I have considerable experience in anti money laundering and think it is utterly inconceivable that this is happening here. 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I have considerable experience in anti money laundering and think it is utterly inconceivable that this is happening here. 

You say that Dave, but is there a way of knowing where the original investment came from? There have been plenty of times where the club was waiting for the owner to do a money transfer from abroad.  Can we know the origin of those funds.

Or is your opinion based on “this would not work as a money laundering model”?  ( genuine question)

46 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You say that Dave, but is there a way of knowing where the original investment came from? There have been plenty of times where the club was waiting for the owner to do a money transfer from abroad.  Can we know the origin of those funds.

Or is your opinion based on “this would not work as a money laundering model”?  ( genuine question)

They have to be able to get clean, unaccounted for cash out the other end. All they've done is sunk money into the club (in a rather wasteful fashion). There is quite clearly no money laundering going on here.

23 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

They have to be able to get clean, unaccounted for cash out the other end. All they've done is sunk money into the club (in a rather wasteful fashion). There is quite clearly no money laundering going on here.

If it is money laundering, they're shit at that as well !!

3 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If it is money laundering, they're shit at that as well !!

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

likewise.

Considering money laundering requires getting money out - if that’s what they are doing they are even shitter at it than running a football club 

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Generally, a money launderer would see getting about 65% of the face value of their dirty cash looking clean, legitimate and usable as a decent outcome. There's no way that is happening here. 

They have had to pay off Curle and don't want to spend any more cash bringing in another' Nothing they  do makes any sense. A new owner is already virtually taking over a NL club which is worthless.

Just now, al_bro said:

They have had to pay off Curle and don't want to spend any more cash bringing in another. Nothing they  do makes any sense. A new owner is already virtually taking over a NL club which is worthless.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Probably go onto bigger and better things too. 

Would have thought he will be loaned back out to a League One club where they play football on the ground and he will flourish

Always maintained i thought he had talent, utterly wasted playing for a team at the foot of league 2. 

1 minute ago, JTM said:

Would have thought he will be loaned back out to a League One club where they play football on the ground and he will flourish

Always maintained i thought he had talent, utterly wasted playing for a team at the foot of league 2. 

he was poor. Offered very little in the majority of games. No loss and I’m glad he’s gone. Hopefully free’s up chance to get someone in who can impact a game 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

he was poor. Offered very little in the majority of games. No loss and I’m glad he’s gone. Hopefully free’s up chance to get someone in who can impact a game 

I just can't agree im afraid. I saw a decent footballer playing with a set of essentially non league players. We could sign Erling Haaland and we'd make him look terrible. In my opinion he was essentially a much better version than Callum Whelan 

2 minutes ago, JTM said:

We have 3 spaces, Bettache has gone, Bowden, and Blyth

No, and you missed out Sheehan.  The debuts of youth players were allowed but took us over the limit.  Max of 23 who have played first team football excluding the pizza cup.  I think we now have 22.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, and you missed out Sheehan.  The debuts of youth players were allowed but took us over the limit.  Max of 23 who have played first team football excluding the pizza cup.  I think we now have 22.

Correct i did forger about Sheeran actually. I have asked someone on twitter whether they know if the young lad who made his debut against Wigan as now classed towards the squad number.

Regardless, we are 2 players down than we were 2 or 3 weeks ago with no sign of any coming in, and both the owners out of the country during our most important transfer window of our clubs history.

Very worrying. 

Just been chatting to a couple of people that believe that Da Silva and Modi also count to the squad size due to appearing in the league, which I believe would mean our current squad is 22, leaving room for one signing

I'm not purporting this as fact however because I'm not 100% sure 

18 minutes ago, JTM said:

I just can't agree im afraid. I saw a decent footballer playing with a set of essentially non league players. We could sign Erling Haaland and we'd make him look terrible. In my opinion he was essentially a much better version than Callum Whelan 

no not at all. We had mcalmont playing last year with a similar standard or our own players. This lad is at Spurs, should have real talent, also wasn’t the smallest. He never once dictated a game or offered anything of note for a centre mid, just shuffled the ball side to side, rarely got stuck in, didn’t win headers. A real disappointment

Archived