Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

With what happened with Tarky I’d be wanting 750,000 with 20% on future transfers.

Transfer fees outrage always makes me smile. Really dont get it. I couldnt care less, as I dont get the money, and it will only cover running costs for the season anyway.

8 minutes ago, youngen said:

Transfer fees outrage always makes me smile. Really dont get it. I couldnt care less, as I dont get the money, and it will only cover running costs for the season anyway.

Who’s raging?

20 minutes ago, losesome said:

Surely as an agent the one thing we can rely on with AL is to get a good deal!!!!!

Or will he be struck with the dreaded latics curse of any deal will do .

You'd imagine, but his track record so far in apparent wages doesn't bode well.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

I read one account (no idea of the reliability) that suggested he'd taken part in behind closed doors training for Rangers last week.

Could be something in that with the Mike Keegan article as an exclusive, seems more certain than a legitimate rumour

34 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Where does wanting the maximum transfer fee stack up with boycotting to deprive the owner of funds? 

Fantastic question. He can have money.... Just not ours apparently. 

33 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Rumours that we could be signing Izale McLeod. Bit too much and old like O'Grady for me.

Blimey, remember him playing for MK against us and that must make him bloody ancient

Best days are well behind him

55 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Rumours that we could be signing Izale McLeod. Bit too much and old like O'Grady for me.

He retired back in July 2017 but has recently been back playing non league for Kempston Rovers.

Where do these ridiculous rumours come from?

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He retired back in July 2017 but has recently been back playing non league for Kempston Rovers.

Where do these ridiculous rumours come from?

He's come out of retirement and at 34 still feels like he could do a job in the Football League. 

Too similar to O'Grady for me although I feel he might get a few more goals. 

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Where does wanting the maximum transfer fee stack up with boycotting to deprive the owner of funds? 

We can get £450,000 or £4.5 million from Edmondson his record tells us he will waste it on more of his crap players.

10 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

I wonder if are record signing fee of Ian Olney 20 odd years ago will ever be beaten !!!

27 years this summer. It's going to go past 30 years easily isn't it. I've not looked at the stats but I doubt any club gets near that in terms of how long ago it was. I think Stockports record is Ian Moore (yeah him) that's from back in the mid 90's but that's about it.

4 hours ago, bozman said:

Only a year left on his contract. Could have him free in 12 months so l don't think it's  too bad in that context.

No they can't. He's only 21, he'd only be 22 when his contract expires in June 2020. If we offer him a deal, in writing, on at least the same terms, we get compensation for him. 

However I wouldn't be surprised if he had a minimum release clause in his contract. 

There are quite a few other benefits that those clubs could offer to sweeten the deal too. 

Archived