Nailsworth (Forest Green Rovers): Directions, Beer & Food

We are all sympathetic to the alleged "shit" that AL has had to sort out.The mess with the ticketing however is entirely oh his own making. There are simply not enough staff in the office and those that are there will be new to the process hence the mess.

6 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

We are all sympathetic to the alleged "shit" that AL has had to sort out.The mess with the ticketing however is entirely oh his own making. There are simply not enough staff in the office and those that are there will be new to the process hence the mess.

They were advertising for a ticketing executive (now there's a title) earlier in the week.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

The Club need to seriously look at this for the rest of the season, or they will really piss the exiles off!

Why should fans be penalised just because they live away from BP and can't just pop down to the ticket office at the drop of a hat.

"Open sale" should mean anyone can buy at ticket from the ticket office in person, buy online or via telephone, whichever is the most convenient.

I'm fine if we allow a small window of opportunity of say 24 hours, for the local supporters who are not season ticket holders, but who go to BP regularly, to go to down to the club and get the fist chance to purchase. 

But to ONLY allow fans to buy from the ticket office in person is a farce, is unfair, and is so outdated it's ridiculous. Particularly for a game 250 miles from BP!

Also while i'm on it, why allow people to buy 4 tickets at a time?? Surely 2 would be more reasonable to allow more fans access.

I know the club is sorting out a lot of shit at the moment, and in some areas we seem to be making progress, but this sort of basic thing can be sorted out in minutes, the process clarified to the fans via the website, and ultimately it makes more fans happier and feel part of the club.

Note to AL...."alienating fans who have probably supported the club for decades but don't live around Oldham is not really the right strategy".

Rant over.

I’ve never had problems buying by post....

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Tell us more about this technology.

Tesco wouldn't shut the doors to take phone orders, same principle applies here, people just moaning because they are missing out.

And yes I have moaned about ticket allocations before anybody pipes up.

You've never booked a ticket online then or has that technology escaped you? Nobody is asking for first dibs but a system where by you can register an interest for when they go on open sale can't take too much sorting out.

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You've never booked a ticket online then or has that technology escaped you? Nobody is asking for first dibs but a system where by you can register an interest for when they go on open sale can't take too much sorting out.

In that case you'd have to do away with queuing up and say it is online and phone sales only.

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

We have to remember that us visiting is the biggest event in their history, they will be expecting a big home crowd 

How long before an infuriated Forest Green Rovers fan ventures over to this site and bites?

Edited by longtimeblue

16 minutes ago, latics59 said:

I bought over the phone as an exile—took me a long time to get through though!

Think you got lucky, I tried for hours on and off over the course of 2 days, the extension sometimes rang out, sometimes not but never answered

not sure I’ll be getting to many games this season on this basis

42 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Think you got lucky, I tried for hours on and off over the course of 2 days, the extension sometimes rang out, sometimes not but never answered

not sure I’ll be getting to many games this season on this basis

Last paragraph is a bit mardy for me tbh. If you want a ticket for most games you’ll get one. I’m sure at some point you will be able to contact someone at the club. Then explain your situation. I’m sure something could be arranged. Failing that there are enough decents on here who’ll be going to these away matches could pick up an extra one. 

If there’s a will there’s a way. Stop moaning ?

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Last paragraph is a bit mardy for me tbh. If you want a ticket for most games you’ll get one. I’m sure at some point you will be able to contact someone at the club. Then explain your situation. I’m sure something could be arranged. Failing that there are enough decents on here who’ll be going to these away matches could pick up an extra one. 

The exiles get looked after as well as anyone.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It's hard enough watching them - it shouldn't be that hard to actually get there!

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Sold out initial allocation of 700, waiting for further allocation. 

From ground guide:

‘Away fans are housed on the West side of the ground, mostly on the open terrace that has a capacity of around 1,000 fans. During the Summer of 2018, a small temporary covered area was installed towards the South Stand. This area contains 100 seats and 175 standing places’

By my reckoning we could get another 400/500 so, if this is the case, I’m confident I’m in ?

30 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Apparently FGR where going to tell Latics today if they where to send the 350+ more tickets so we should soon know.  I don't see why they wouldn't tbh

They are building a new stand aren’t they? Although stand is a generous term.

Perhaps it’s a health and safety issue.

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

They are building a new stand aren’t they? Although stand is a generous term.

Perhaps it’s a health and safety issue.

Of course its a health and safety thing. Grass and nuts for a diet can't be that good for you.