Next 3 League games

16 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

The last time we played them away in the league before the 3-3 game was the last game of the season in 1998. We won 2-0 courtesy of a brace from Rocket Ronnie Jepson. Grimsby went up via the playoffs a few weeks later.

And a very old Bruce Grobbelaar in goal for us 

Grimsby Town v Oldham Athletic, 02 May 1998

Score 2-0 to Oldham Athletic
Competition League Division 2
Attendance 8,327

Hoping for 7-9 but expecting 4-5. Think we’ve been a little fortunate so far that we’ve come up against a couple of the poorest teams in the league and whilst none of the next three are world beaters, they will provide more of a challenge.

That being said, if we can bring in a couple of additions this week we won’t be far off being a decent team ourselves.

28 minutes ago, Uppermill Latics said:

And a very old Bruce Grobbelaar in goal for us 

Grimsby Town v Oldham Athletic, 02 May 1998

Score 2-0 to Oldham Athletic
Competition League Division 2
Attendance 8,327

Grobbelaar probably had a Brucie bet on that scoreline.... ?

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/blundell-park-grimsby-town.html?expand=all

Should tell you all you need to know about going to Cleethorpes. 

Some of this thread may still be relevant:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/48898-cleethorpes-grimsby-town-directions-beer-food/

22 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes I missed that one I was away on me jollies, went years ago on a minibus and it got a bit tasty getting away so I'd suspect given the probable decent away following it will have the police all over it.

Yes they will. Apparently the police presence when they played Lincoln was enormous. Granted that's probably a local derby for them and they probably have a long standing rivalry.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So it was 6. 

Couple of notable miserable gits miles off with this run of 3 games just as they were for the last  3.  

So what about the next 3?  Bit more tricky. 

I will go for 5. 

5 points negative bastard :)

Seriously while it looks a little more tricky all 3 are winnable we've won 4 of the last 6 and we are building momentum.

I think we can beat Colchester and win 1 of the 2 away games against Swindon who lost at home to Bury today and Mansfield who currently sit 15th.

I dont think those sides will particularly fancy playing us at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Will they?  Maybe so but they lost to Crawley last week.  Can safely say there is no outstanding team in the division.

You dont have to be outstanding to win league 2, just better than the rest so far they are proving just that. Its not guaranteed obviously but right now surely thats where the safe money is.

Edited by GlossopLatic