Jack Byrne ❤️

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The only thing that's going to develop if we have to keep churning out last nights midfield and forward lines is a relegation battle, I understand some of the points your making but there's a distinct lack of quality in the teams we've sent out at Forest Green and Yeovil and we've barely created anything in open play, can't see either of those two being involved in the top half come the end of the season so it's not going to get any easier for us. 

We’ve got Baxter. We’ve seen the difference he makes to us when he plays. 

We are thin, I totally get that. We know why, AL has told us why. An it’s very frustrating watching players who can’t pass, when we have a very good player not available.  But there’s a bigger picture than the quick fix Bryne would give us. What about a decent club with a decent repuatation. As long as we pick up results. (3 unbeaten now ?) I’m happy to suffer the football a bit this season,  if it means we can bring the club together a bit more. An build from there. 

Lastly, we won’t be anywhere near relegation his year IMO. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not sure. I just like the phrase. 

So you I take it you trust him to put in a performance in every week?

Every other week yes- If correctly handled, which quite obviously Wellens couldnt do and Bunn hasnt this season.

We have all played in teams including the likes of Byrne but I dont want the centre halves giving him a 5 yard pass in the centre circle.

Get him on the edge of their area and the rest of the time the other 4 workhorses in midfield can ignore him.

The times he isnt performing take him off and put Baxter on or even start Baxter the week after.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

That’s fair comment. 

My issue is on the pitch not off it. 

Absolutely but in your previous post i think you are being overly optimistic to say categorically that we will be nowhere near relegation.

What happens off the pitch can very much influence results on it.

It just seems pretty self defeating if you do believe the party line regarding discipline being the issue - he could have played 5 matches by now, potentially having a big impact in some if not all of them and in the process would have been a much easier sell.

I really think Bunn has backed the wrong horse here and it may end up costing him.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It just seems pretty self defeating if you do believe the party line regarding discipline being the issue - he could have played 5 matches by now, potentially having a big impact in some if not all of them and in the process would have been a much easier sell.

I really think Bunn has backed the wrong horse here and it may end up costing him.

It may possibly have been intimated that it would cost him if he didn't toe the line. Not beyond the realms of possibility

So a newly appointed manager who has great respect for a club he played a significant part in their glory years should back down to an over-hyped gobby little 4th division footballer who apparently has broken a TEAMMATE'S leg and intimated he doesn't want to take part in training ?  

Good Luck with that one !  

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

So a newly appointed manager who has great respect for a club he played a significant part in their glory years should back down to an over-hyped gobby little 4th division footballer who apparently has broken a TEAMMATE'S leg and intimated he doesn't want to take part in training ?  

Good Luck with that one !  

Is Bunn calling the shots?

Away from football we've all seen it happen that a manager let's someone take the piss because they're a better worker than the rest. It's not undermining that manager to tell him that company policy applies equally, Bunn shouldn't be able to override company HR policy

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Away from football we've all seen it happen that a manager let's someone take the piss because they're a better worker than the rest. It's not undermining that manager to tell him that company policy applies equally, Bunn shouldn't be able to override company HR policy

Problem is you're setting a precedent for everyone else to take the piss, whether they're better than the rest or not.

25 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Was trying to reinforce his point, probably not very well !

You were both making a point that didn't need to be made !  Nobody has said Bunn is treating individuals differently.

The Owner on the other hand appears to be.....

Gerrard has contract terminated for Breach of club rules. 

Fane  was suspended for some other offence

Byrne is well, who knows?

Different actions for each individual,all brought about by the Owner and not the Manager 

16 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You were both making a point that didn't need to be made !  Nobody has said Bunn is treating individuals differently.

Different actions for each individual,all brought about by the Owner and not the Manager 

Perhaps all matters of different severity? Point is having a disciplinary procedure isn't interfering in team selection 

16 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I suppose if you own something that's your prerogative.

30 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose if you own something that's your prerogative.

Of course it is but he's already admitted liabilities of over £3 million so you'd think he'd learn his lesson with regards to seeing himself as the meddling dictator, he signed Byrne on the whopping contract yet is still looking for excuses to ship him out to save face, puts Bunn in a bad position because he looks like a puppet and the fans lose out because arguably our best player is being paid to do fuck all.

Thought he said it's cost him 3m so far not liabilities of 3m. Will agree he messed up last season if he interfered with team matters but I'm not sure he's to blame for the Byrne fiasco. Looks like he's taken a dislike to a couple of players who "speak their mind/gob off" (whoever's side you take) and has disciplined them accordingly. 

I like him as a footballer and think he would be the difference in a lot of games in this league

I can't see Miller Clarke COG Gardener and Taylor taking too much shit of him. He probably the size of Miller's toe

And from photos and hearsay in pre-season he seemed to be getting on well with Baxter.....but may be that was a concern that he was especially with Baxters passed exploits.

Here's hoping it's resolved soon as gone too long now

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

We’ve got Baxter. We’ve seen the difference he makes to us when he plays. 

We are thin, I totally get that. We know why, AL has told us why. An it’s very frustrating watching players who can’t pass, when we have a very good player not available.  But there’s a bigger picture than the quick fix Bryne would give us. What about a decent club with a decent repuatation. As long as we pick up results. (3 unbeaten now ?) I’m happy to suffer the football a bit this season,  if it means we can bring the club together a bit more. An build from there. 

Lastly, we won’t be anywhere near relegation his year IMO. 

This kind of thing is exactly what’s giving us a bad reputation. Why would any player worth their salt want to be employed by a crazy chairman who suspends his players indefinitely on a whim? 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This kind of thing is exactly what’s giving us a bad reputation. Why would any player worth their salt want to be employed by a crazy chairman who suspends his players indefinitely on a whim? 

Can’t argue with that. He’s not perfect. But what owner is? 

I can only take him at his word that he’s trying to do right by the club. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Can’t argue with that. He’s not perfect. But what owner is? 

I can only take him at his word that he’s trying to do right by the club. 

Not saying that’s definitely what’s happened by the way but that’s how it will be presented in the media and how it will be discussed in football circles. One thing is for certain: Abdallah has further damaged the awful reputation, amongst players and agents alike, our club had under Corney. Whether he will begin to build it back up again remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Not saying that’s definitely what’s happened by the way but that’s how it will be presented in the media and how it will be discussed in football circles. One thing is for certain: Abdallah has further damaged the awful reputation, amongst players and agents alike, our club had under Corney. Whether he will begin to build it back up again remains to be seen.

Yeah, I think you make a fair point. I don’t think last season in football circles will have done us any favours. Hopefully he can start making things more positive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Flee Jack Byrne

flee
fliː/
verb
  1. run away from a place or situation of danger.
    "to escape the fighting, his family fled from their village"
    synonyms: run, run away, run off, make a run for it, run for it, take flight, be gone, make off, take off, take to one's heels, make a break for it, bolt, beat a (hasty) retreat, make a quick exit, make one's getaway, escape, absent oneself, make oneself scarce, abscond, head for the hills, do a disappearing act; More

• run away from (someone or something).
      "he was forced to flee the country"

? I’d rather he stayed put and worked to get back into the team ?
Edited by TheBigDog