Jack Byrne ❤️

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Would Byrne want to play for a manager who was so quick to side against him?

You keep banging this drum eyresy.

Why on earth would Bunn ostracise one of are two best players, without at least giving him the chance to mix with the group??It makes no sense.

It’s one of oldest cliches in football- new manager comes in, ‘clean slate for everybody. They all have to prove they want to be in the team’ The only time that doesn’t happen is when the player is suspended by the club. 

It’s far more believeable that when AL gave Bunn the job he told him Bryne wasn’t available for selection. That’s it. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bunn is in AL ear trying to get him to soften his stance, (Bryne on form would go a long to him keeping his job)  but AL wants a grand apology or something of the like. 

Or you coulf just be on the wind up. . . If so.

As you were. ?

Edited by League one forever

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

An era of players whose idea of nutrition was a pint and a steak pie at half-time. No - it’s not a joke.

Bobby Johnstone could come straight out of the pub and take the piss out of our present team...I take it you’re either very young or very thick and therefore not even qualified to talk about players in an era in which you weren’t even born.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm not having that. It is a FACT that the 1970 Brazil team loaded up on Woodbines, Guinness and a bucket each of mashed potatoes at half-time in the World Cup Final before going on to destroy Italy 4-1 at altitude.

I do wish whippersnappers like Ryan would get their FACTS straight before comparing the lard buckets of yesteryear (Pele, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Moore, Charlton, Beckenbauer to name a few) to the finely honed running machines of today. Which of us would not rather watch today's players - who are frequently unable to trap, pass and run past opponents - pass the ball sideways and backwards while running about like headless chickens? Viva tipi tapa! Viva Ryan!

Excellent work in not mentioning the cheat.

The whole thing is like knowing what you're getting for Christmas but not knowing when Christmas Day is. Then, when that magical day arrives, you aren't too arsed about what you've known you were getting and would rather play with the wrapping paper.

This debacle is a complete distraction to everyone I can think of. Now we're on page 16 of a thread with 1000s of view. FB must get asked about it more often than the age old 'are we there yet?' on an arduous car journey.

I'm not that arsed if he ever comes back. Sure, he's good. But is he Coke good? Ok, he way better, I digress. He's proven over time (at a host of clubs) to be not worthy of the time those invest in him with his acts of undisciplined petulance.

Now, onto more important things...if Morecambe run out of pies mid-way through the 1st half, like the BP shambles last Saturday, I for one will not be in a happy place.

9 minutes ago, pcscorchio said:

The whole thing is like knowing what you're getting for Christmas but not knowing when Christmas Day is. Then, when that magical day arrives, you aren't too arsed about what you've known you were getting and would rather play with the wrapping paper.

Nah. It’s more like knowing what youre gettin for xmas, being excited for it, opening it, buzzing over it then it being inexplicably taken away and placed behind an impenetrable glass box for an unforseable amount of time. You also need to keep it with you for at least 50% of your day, six days a week. You can see it, it can see you and it wants you to play with it, but you can’t use it or ask questions about it. Then you get some more new presents but they are pretty shit compared to the one you can see, doesn’t matter still can’t use it. You also have to put a large chunk of your money into the box every seven days. Still can’t use it tho.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

You also have to put a large chunk of your money into the box every seven days. Still can’t use it tho.

Ah, as in one of those toys that needs enough D batteries to power the sun expensive.

Edited by pcscorchio

1 hour ago, pcscorchio said:

Now, onto more important things...if Morecambe run out of pies mid-way through the 1st half, like the BP shambles last Saturday, I for one will not be in a happy place.

Extract from Morecambe fishul:

“Frankie Bunn’s Oldham Athletic travel to the Globe Arena on Saturday afternoon and are expected to be backed by over 1,700 Latics’ supporters.”

So they know how many are coming, probably been up all night baking...?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Nah. It’s more like knowing what youre gettin for xmas, being excited for it, opening it, buzzing over it then it being inexplicably taken away and placed behind an impenetrable glass box for an unforseable amount of time. You also need to keep it with you for at least 50% of your day, six days a week. You can see it, it can see you and it wants you to play with it, but you can’t use it or ask questions about it. Then you get some more new presents but they are pretty shit compared to the one you can see, doesn’t matter still can’t use it. You also have to put a large chunk of your money into the box every seven days. Still can’t use it tho.

Schroedinger's Byrne. You know he's in the box but you're never sure if he's a cunt or not.

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

An era of players whose idea of nutrition was a pint and a steak pie at half-time. No - it’s not a joke.

Give me a flair player like Frank Worthington over any of the current science obsessed lot.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

an

3 hours ago, pcscorchio said:

This debacle is a complete distraction to everyone I can think of. Now we're on page 16 of a thread with 1000s of view. FB must get asked about it more often than the age old 'are we there yet?' on an arduous car journey.

I'm not that arsed if he ever comes back. Sure, he's good. But is he Coke good? Ok, he way better, I digress. He's proven over time (at a host of clubs) to be not worthy of the time those invest in him with his acts of undisciplined petulance.

You need to buy tactically, wait for a lull in the game around 30 mins(the whole game is usually a lull). Look around you for the quickest exit, quickly take exit. 30 mins there isn’t normally much of a que. purchase said pie return to seat (without missing a goal). Most pies take 15 mins to cool, perfect temp for half time.  Eat slowly, 2nd half begins.

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You need to buy tactically, wait for a lull in the game around 30 mins(the whole game is usually a lull). Look around you for the quickest exit, quickly take exit. 30 mins there isn’t normally much of a que. purchase said pie return to seat (without missing a goal). Most pies take 15 mins to cool, perfect temp for half time.  Eat slowly, 2nd half begins.

Noted with thanks. I wonder if bringing my own sauce sachets and plastic spork would ease congestion around the refreshment area?

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Another scenario which is closer to the truth. You are given a similar present the year before and it was excellent for 6 months then all of a sudden it became piss poor and didn’t function properly for the next few months. So you discarded it however when you received the present for a second time you are really not that fused to use it again because you know it’s unreliable and will never be any good so you decide to give it away. Ring any bells?????,