Jack Byrne ❤️

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Or, we could hope he finally learns a lesson and he stays to help us actually achieve something.  For his sake, he needs to.

He may have but is actively being stopped from doing so by a tyrannical :clown: ( and no, i don't mean you :D)

Looking at Bunn's " no enquiries" comment, you can't help but feel that Byrne has been touted about in order to bring someone else in. 

Edited by archiecat

50 minutes ago, archiecat said:

He may have but is actively being stopped from doing so by a tyrannical :clown: ( and no, i don't mean you :D)

Looking at Bunn's " no enquiries" comment, you can't help but feel that Byrne has been touted about in order to bring someone else in. 

I didn’t immediateky think that when I read it, but I guess it’s a possibility if he isn’t prepared to fall in to line. 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd imagine he'd phrase it we had "no takers" if that was the case.

He could also have said he has served his time on the naughty step,but he didn't say that either.

The club is owned by a football agent who is looking to recoup as much of JB's contract as he can, not exactly fantasy island to think he has tried to move him on.

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Deadline for permanent moves has already ended therefore unless you were a free agent by deadline you can't sign

Not sure that applies in EFL, way I read it is you can register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31 August.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure that applies in EFL, way I read it is you can register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31 August.

For us to pay him off we'd be looking at a minimum of one years wages, at a rumoured 5k a week. Not happening. 

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

For us to pay him off we'd be looking at a minimum of one years wages, at a rumoured 5k a week. Not happening. 

Hope this suspension makes him a better person and team player when and if he comes back.

Am I right in thnking the following course of action is possible....Contract cancelled by mutual agreement (subject to previously agreed move to new club). Latics get him off books and new club take him on new contract.

Conspiracy theory from me, is it going to be stalemate until the window closes and then Latics pay him off, so he can't get a club until January. Just a thought to really wind Byrne up and make him realise he's not the biggest fish in the sea.......

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

His new club would pay him the pay off as a signing on fee. That’s how people get around the rules.

Why would they when they could pick him up for free? He won't command a fee given the current predicament.

He will be lucky if he can find a club willing to match the handsome wage he's picking up never mind a signing on fee. 

That's why the course of action we have taken is stupid.

Dear Jack,

I have come to the conclusion that you have a career path to choose, it's quite simple.

1 - Professional footballer.

2 - Professional bell-end.

Please respond within the next seven days.

Yours Faithfully

F.Bunn

cc Abdallah