Jack Byrne ❤️

4 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

JSS

I'm not saying the were faultless but they put their all in that game and if their more experienced team mates had done the same thing then we could have won. 

That said thought Placide ce have done a lot better for both goals. 

These lads had no midfield or strikers helping out which put pressure on the defence. Northamptons players were massive and more than a handful for anyone let alone two young Inexperienced defenders who at least tried. BTW who scored? 

I know, I'm just saying I don't think they played 'to their maximum' as you said (or anywhere near it). It was a sorry performance on a sad day.

Anyway, what's done is done and hopefully they both go on to fulfil their clear potential this season.

Whether you love this lad or hate him there's no denying he'd be head and shoulders above 99% of players in this League, two away days where he would of made a huge difference to us, we have nobody capable of influencing a game from the centre of the park and leaving him out week after week just feels like we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Getting Jack back in the team will be the difference between finishing 3rd and 13th. Not trolling.

I rate him as a player but  not as a team player if the accounts of his attitude  are true.

We will have to wait to find out the truth but just wish this would be made known so we know what the hell is going on.

46 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Gardiner needs help in the middle that’s for sure we look a lot better at the back with Clarke and Taylor.If we had a bit more upfront I can’t see any reason why we can’t challenge this season.

I’d say it was missilou who needed help in midfield after tonight.

How much longer does this drag on, seriously? Please let the lad repay his misdemeanours with his ability on the football pitch or pay him what he’s due and let him move on (obviously I don’t want this to happen) if there’s no chance he will play for OAFC again.

Watching tonight you couldn’t help but imagine the difference he would have made.

They really are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I read Jermaine Pennants autobiography the other day on the plane and as much as he was an idiot and up to no good all the time (which Byrne isn’t I might add), irrespective of all that when he got on the pitch it was all about the football. I can’t help but think it would be the same with Byrne. Everything is on the edge with him but that’s the way it’s always going to be otherwise he wouldn’t be half the player he is, he almost has to be that way given how small he is

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Going to rear its head after every non victory.

Funny feeling it doesn't get sorted until window closes, leaving no opportunity for those saved wages to be invested elsewhere...

I agree which makes the decision to ostracise even more stupid.

Everybody needs to remember what Mr Abdallah Lemsagam said in his recent statement.

No player is bigger than the club ! HE BELIEVES the only person more important than the club is  himself.

Better get used to averaging a point per game,that is as much as we will get with this team.

If anyone would like to refer to last seasons league 2 final placings, it makes pretty grim viewing.

Edited by archiecat

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Everybody needs to remember what Mr Abdallah Lemsagam said in his recent statement.

No player is bigger than the club, the only person more important than the club is Lemsagam himself.

He said that did he? 

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And didn't that team contain a certain Mr Byrne? As a few have said previously on here he didn't contribute much after Chrimbo.

Think that is a bit of a myth to be honest, he was involved in most of the decent stuff that did happen.

17 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And didn't that team contain a certain Mr Byrne? As a few have said previously on here he didn't contribute much after Chrimbo.

Sorry, i didn't make myself clear.

I was referring to the final placings in  league 2  2017/2018, a final total of 46 points left Barnet in 23rd place.

I can’t believe what I’m reading. 

You all want Byrne back. .? 

Why? Because he’ll come in and make us tick? 

Yeah he will, for about 3 games. He’ll do this by proving a point and showing up, he’ll run the game and be immense. 

The next 3 games he’ll start being a greedy bastard and trying to do it all himself,  on the pitch tantrums will start. 

Then in November in a derby game, he’ll snap at some poor fucker for not seeing a 40 yard diagonal ball. He’ll throw his arms up, make rash tackles and start telling Bunn to f**k off. 

I know this because it’s exactly what happened last season, it’s also the reason we had any chance of signing him, because his attitude stinks. 

Forget breaking Fane’s leg( bad enough) you can trust him on the pitch. It’s that simple. Anyone who can’t see that needs to get their head a wobble. 

I might be in the minority, but I’d rather watch a team, and see if it can develop. Than 10 players and a league two superstar who we can’t trust to perform with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t believe what I’m reading. 

You all want Byrne back. .? 

Why? Because he’ll come in and make us tick? 

Yeah he will, for about 3 games. He’ll do this by proving a point and showing up, he’ll run the game and be immense. 

The next 3 games he’ll start being a greedy bastard and trying to do it all himself,  on the pitch tantrums will start. 

Then in November in a derby game, he’ll snap at some poor fucker for not seeing a 40 yard diagonal ball. He’ll throw his arms up, make rash tackles and start telling Bunn to f**k off. 

I know this because it’s exactly what happened last season, it’s also the reason we had any chance of signing him, because his attitude stinks. 

Forget breaking Fane’s leg( bad enough) you can trust him on the pitch. It’s that simple. Anyone who can’t see that needs to get their head a wobble. 

I might be in the minority, but I’d rather watch a team, and see if it can develop. Than 10 players and a league two superstar who we can’t trust to perform with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

I don't agree with you (apart from half of the contradictions). Can you please let me know where I can get a wobble from.

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The only thing that's going to develop if we have to keep churning out last nights midfield and forward lines is a relegation battle, I understand some of the points your making but there's a distinct lack of quality in the teams we've sent out at Forest Green and Yeovil and we've barely created anything in open play, can't see either of those two being involved in the top half come the end of the season so it's not going to get any easier for us.