Wages surely not again ?

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

There’s only one Twitter account pedalling that rumour. Clearly Pearson has been ‘advising’ Abdallah, some might conjecture that Pearson may have been the person who introduced Corney to Abdallah, but there is no suggestion from anyone - bar single twitter account - that there is any interest in Pearson buying in or taking control.

I think Mike Keegan tweeted he’d heard a rumour about Pearson, but nothing more.

Again, I can’t see what anyone gets out of ‘investing’ in a lower league football club as you will never see a return, so I doubt Pearson would be interested. I think you have to be a fan (or someone like AL who wants to play at being football club owner) to want to waste your money in that way.

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

There’s only one Twitter account pedalling that rumour. Clearly Pearson has been ‘advising’ Abdallah, some might conjecture that Pearson may have been the person who introduced Corney to Abdallah, but there is no suggestion from anyone - bar single twitter account - that there is any interest in Pearson buying in or taking control.

My source at the PFA thinks there might be a bit more to it but we shall see.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Tracey, I put £20 per month into Playerhare. If you opened Shareshare, where the objective was to build a warchest for big red button moments and/or to buy Shares with, I’d divert it - and throw in more when I could - into there!?!

They haven't spent much over the past few years but if they stated that their sole purpose going forward was solely to build a war chest (without a Sharesave scheme), would you still donate it to the Trust instead? I'm not saying this is the case but could be a good proposal. Share schemes can get complicated and are better suited to Community Benefit Societies.

Edited by jorvik_latic

16 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They haven't spent much over the past few years but if they stated that their sole purpose going forward was solely to build a war chest (without a Sharesave scheme), would you still donate it to the Trust instead? I'm not saying this is the case but could be a good proposal. Share schemes can get complicated and are better suited to Community Benefit Societies.

Yes. I guess what I'm saying is, I have a monthly/annual budget I would be willing to donate to a scheme whose primary role was to safeguard my precious football club, keeping the money out of the hands of the custodian. At present, the only scheme that appears to do this, is Playershare. I gave money to the scoreboard fund on the understanding it was being managed by the Trust and not the scheister who fooked off to China with it to set up his own company.

Edited by lookersstandandy

33 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I think Mike Keegan tweeted he’d heard a rumour about Pearson, but nothing more......

....I'm confirming Mr. Pearson is around & has been advising Abdallah...... but there is no suggestion from anyone - bar a single Twitter account - that it goes any further than that.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My source at the PFA thinks there might be a bit more to it but we shall see.

Well, one thing seems evident..... that Mr. Lemsagam cannot do this on his own and may well have bitten off more than he can chew, so let's hope a) Mr. Pearson does hold an interest in being more than an adviser and b) He's more capable than any of our recent custodians.

This was as recent as April this year, when Mr. Pearson was linked to a consortium showing interest in Sunderland; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43881315

I've cancelled my Direct Debit for trust membership (it was only £1 per month , but had been going since 2006 IIRC) because I am very frustrated and the seat on the Board has had no tangible benefit.

But, if a Groundshare is created, to create a fund to own the ground, and/or take over running if Lemsagem disappears then I will re-start and actually put more per month in than I did. It is something I have posted a number of times on here about.

32 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I think Mike Keegan tweeted he’d heard a rumour about Pearson, but nothing more.

Again, I can’t see what anyone gets out of ‘investing’ in a lower league football club as you will never see a return, so I doubt Pearson would be interested. I think you have to be a fan (or someone like AL who wants to play at being football club owner) to want to waste your money in that way.

Bournemouth and Brentford currently debunking the theory that it's pointless taking a poorly supported club on its arse in lower leagues. 

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Bournemouth and Brentford currently debunking the theory that it's pointless taking a poorly supported club on its arse in lower leagues. 

Bournemouth via a Russian billionaire, Brentford via a wealthy actual fan with considerable acumen. 

If we had one of the latter I suspect he or she would have emerged by now. Anyone in the former category would plan, I would think, to have a go at with a club with a big catchment area and little local competition. There are plenty of those. 

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Bournemouth via a Russian billionaire, Brentford via a wealthy actual fan with considerable acumen. 

If we had one of the latter I suspect he or she would have emerged by now. Anyone in the former category would plan, I would think, to have a go at with a club with a big catchment area and little local competition. There are plenty of those. 

It does highly irritate me when people keep pushing this out about the Russian billionaire etc...

When both clubs were on their arse in League One, there was no Russian billionaire and Brentford had no fan with millions funding them. It is only since they went through their dark times and came out better for it that monies were then pumped in by said people. Bournemouth didn't get their Russian until they won promotion to the Championship. They went through Administration but rebuilt on the back of an excellent youth set up and a top manager in Eddie Howe. The money came afterwards. If AL has cleared our debts then it is close to a clean slate for someone who may want to start afresh and rebuild something with us. Here's hoping. It would be nice to hear AL say what he hopes to do with us. The goodwill is shortening by the day.

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It does highly irritate me when people keep pushing this out about the Russian billionaire etc...

When both clubs were on their arse in League One, there was no Russian billionaire and Brentford had no fan with millions funding them. It is only since they went through their dark times and came out better for it that monies were then pumped in by said people. Bournemouth didn't get their Russian until they won promotion to the Championship. They went through Administration but rebuilt on the back of an excellent youth set up and a top manager in Eddie Howe. The money came afterwards. If AL has cleared our debts then it is close to a clean slate for someone who may want to start afresh and rebuild something with us. Here's hoping. It would be nice to hear AL say what he hopes to do with us. The goodwill is shortening by the day.

Fact check there. He bought in during 2011. They were promoted to the championship in 2013. 

As the landlords are never going to get back what they have decided we owe them could the trust be asking what they would take? Build a fund for that? Deal building in bonuses should the club go up etc? Like a sell on clause?

As it stands if they are sticking with their promise of not calling in the loan until we hit the prem they will be getting not a lot for a long time. They could even just sell the fans trust 51% of the ground?

If there was a long term goal to build a set figure to purchase the ground, clearly it would need to be a nominal fee, then I think people would contribute. 

Without us owning the ground should AL do one I don't think the trust, or anyone without proper proper money, could save us. Their are no assets to use should the debt collectors come calling. 

This is all assuming the landlords aren't just going to fuck us off and build houses the moment they can evict us.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The Brentford owner is a fan, and the Bournemouth owner falls into my catagory of someone with billions who fancies a go at playing football club owner. Not impossible that Latics could find someone like that I agree, but I’d be surprised if there are many around willing to give it a go.

Corney actually had the right idea with the North Stand with the club having a means to generate income 7 days a week, this is the best sustainable outcome we could have had. But as we all know, the execution of his plan has been nothing short of catastrophic!

Edited by ghostofcecere

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yes. I guess what I'm saying is, I have a monthly/annual budget I would be willing to donate to a scheme whose primary role was to safeguard my precious football club, keeping the money out of the hands of the custodian. At present, the only scheme that appears to do this, is Playershare. I gave money to the scoreboard fund on the understanding it was being managed by the Trust and not the scheister who fooked off to China with it to set up his own company.

Would a yearly Trust membership be of interest to you? £10 for a season?

It comes with a card that has built in technology that can protect up to 3 other of your cards from being scanned and with other membership benefits? (TBA on benefits).. Andy B is working on this project with Midnite and we hope for a big push pre-Xmas

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Would a yearly Trust membership be of interest to you? £10 for a season?

It comes with a card that has built in technology that can protect up to 3 other of your cards from being scanned and with other membership benefits? (TBA on benefits).. Andy B is working on this project with Midnite and we hope for a big push pre-Xmas

Thoughts?

Yep...... but as per my previous post.... I'd give more, diverted from Playershare, if I/we felt that was a better place for the money to be redirected.....?

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

The war chest

Yes, but after a lot of effort, which I completely respect, it stands, as last reported as far as I know, at £14,000 which is meaningless unless it is a very minor skirmish rather than a war. 

That suggests to me that in normal (!) times it is impossible to generate a significant sum and let's not forget that the original amount to get the shareholding was largely the result of the club's facilities being made available (and the work done by Gordon) rather than a few fundraisers. 

A subscription at a tenner a year might raise a couple of tens of thousands if that but that's not material. 

Sorry, I have no positive suggestions. The fate of the club at present rests on the intentions and resources of one man and if he doesn’t deliver then it depends on there being someone stepping into the breach. I struggle to see how ordinary fans could ever play a key financial role in that scenario and hope that it never has to be tested. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The words in bold the Trust believe are very much the truth of were the club status is.....our reputation and credit status is improving believe it or not

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Fact check there. He bought in during 2011. They were promoted to the championship in 2013. 

Adding to your fact check,  Lee Bradbury was the manager when he bought the club, and only sacked 4 months later. They were 17th at the time, though had been a very poor start haing lost 6 out of 7 I think.

Edited by singe

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes, but after a lot of effort, which I completely respect, it stands, as last reported as far as I know, at £14,000 which is meaningless unless it is a very minor skirmish rather than a war. 

That suggests to me that in normal (!) times it is impossible to generate a significant sum and let's not forget that the original amount to get the shareholding was largely the result of the club's facilities being made available (and the work done by Gordon) rather than a few fundraisers. 

A subscription at a tenner a year might raise a couple of tens of thousands if that but that's not material. 

Sorry, I have no positive suggestions. The fate of the club at present rests on the intentions and resources of one man and if he doesn’t deliver then it depends on there being someone stepping into the breach. I struggle to see how ordinary fans could ever play a key financial role in that scenario and hope that it never has to be tested. 

that's Okay Dave..I appreciate any feedback.....we haven't discounted the fans bar but hand on heart I have no idea unless we can tap into corporate help how we can boost the kitty by leaps and bounds...

Stepping into the breach immediate would be the Trust with support of other organisations. We discussed the emergency plan ( I will call it that)  in last Mondays meetings and how we need to update it to include organisations like Supporters Direct

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Who funded Latics in the late 1980s, leading the club to the Premiership, and could such a local business investment model work again?

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Who funded Latics in the late 1980s, leading the club to the Premiership, and could such a business investment model work again?

No.... because Bosman and the mammoth TV rights of the Premier League & subsequent hoarding of scores & scores of young footballers that would've once been forced to look for employment in the lower leagues, make it impossible without an injection of capital, way beyond those who funded the club in the 80's.

I don't expect such a benefactor today..... but one who has a workable Plan that could make us competitive in the 3rd tier shouldn't be a pipe dream...... paying wages ontime should be a hygiene factor that isn't even a consideration, let alone a common occurrence.