Wages surely not again ?

29 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

if he didn't know the true extent of our issues and bit off more than he could chew, could of made it easier for the next man

That’s contradictory though. 

Say you had 5 million, and you thought the entire spend for the club would be 3 Million. You spend a further 500k ‘having a go’ whilst doing that you find a black hole of further debt of another 1.5 million. Surely you would manage that the best you could rather than thinking I’ll blow the rest of my budget so the club is ok for a future owner but I’m screwed personally. 

It’s human nature to look after number one first. 

Also, who would you pay first-  the old pie contract- or the players? If the players aren’t getting paid, I think it’s fair to assume he hasn’t cleared all outstanding debt. 

The whole things makes no sense, whatever he has spent he has spent. At what point do u buy a club without having a understanding of what’s coming in and going out. You could look at the numbers and say, ok we get promoted the money comes in. But we went down, if your going to shut up shop and jump shop U do it then?! It almost feels like this was planned from day one , to quote Baldrick “a cunning plan” by corney. Get some mule to take over the club knowing it will go tits. Then him and his friends selll the land or have some clown to front the club, so he doesn’t deal with the shit afterwards. I don’t believe that, but it’s almost as believable as what is going on ?

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The whole things makes no sense, whatever he has spent he has spent. At what point do u buy a club without having a understanding of what’s coming in and going out. You could look at the numbers and say, ok we get promoted the money comes in. But we went down, if your going to shut up shop and jump shop U do it then?! It almost feels like this was planned from day one , to quote Baldrick “a cunning plan” by corney. Get some mule to take over the club knowing it will go tits. Then him and his friends selll the land or have some clown to front the club, so he doesn’t deal with the shit afterwards. I don’t believe that, but it’s almost as believable as what is going on ?

The thought has crossed my mind.

54 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Come on, Simon's criteria for finding an owner had nothing at all to do with the best interests of the club. I'm sure he is sleeping quite soundly at night.

At the time of sale, I'd say you're probably right.  At the start of the search, I'd say he thought differently.

Whatever you think of him, anyone who puts ten years plus effort into something wouldn't want to give it to someone who's just going to smash it to pieces as soon as they can..

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Authorities would never allow a club like us to simply go to the wall so the land thing is a non runner really.

morning all.....yes i am still here....i am at risk of redundancy at work so my heads not really focussing on latics/Trust  stuff, sorry to say that but i am logging in and flagging stuff.

I appreciate all the comments with regards to views on the Trust and thanks to Jorvik for stepping in to answer some questions even though he resigned recently.

Hand on heart (yes i have one), we are all disappointed that this has happened again, we have heard and accepted (relucantly), previous reasons and for this to happen again is not acceptable.

Are we impotent/ineffectual as a Trust? It certainly feels like this at the moment even i am thinking as a volunteer how effect am I or are we. Its not helped, that there is no OAFC board in place to discussed the previous teething problems, to have assurances it wont happen again, to discuss short term/ long term plans, to appoint someone to run the club in the owners absence and yes to ask is Al clued up with regards to how England works with regards to paying the bills and the staff, even a board to accept the new Trust rep to the board and their legal entitlement with regards to owning a business and running a business.

What i will say is that your New Trust rep is known at the club as she has been in and around since the Trust inception. Its not that the door is closed to her and we are locked out (yes i accept that we did not know about this week) and is in contact with people at the club even when this happened she was contacting people right away.

I am also pleased to say that thanks to the good foundations laid by Jorvik and now continuing with Andy B from here, that have we are in touch with Supporters direct who are monitoring our situation. Andy B is even volunteering his time to meet them next week.  It might not seem much but we are tapping into what we can, learning what we can.

Warchest, Maddog touched on this that we need to look building the funds and as you all know, we tried desperatly in the last few seasons to get something going that would boost the funds more than events, the scoreboard, the fans bar, but they have not happened for reasons well documented. We are running events this season, we have done meet the manager this year and we have a Sunday lunch "young guns" event at the Milan bar tomorrow. We have even launched this season a Trust membership scheme that for £10 not only gives you discounts to Trust events but a card that has built in technology that prevents up to 3 of your other cards from being skimmed. Andy b again is working on promoting this with Midnite who occassionally posts on here. We understand money is tight, but if you can attend an event or want more on the Trust membership scheme then throw me a PM.

I know i harp on about it but we are 12 volunteers who over Summer, had 4 resignations of people who are invaluable and could never replace so we have had to absorb that loss and go through a process of welcoming new volunteers. We are trying our best, we are listening, we are here ...(well maybe not me every day but others on here who know me can get a message to me if need be). we have learnt lessons on how we stood or perception that we stood,  in no mans land with the previous owner and the fans. What we did then and what we will do now is for the good of the club always and i hope it gives you a little piece of mind that we are not sat twiddling our thumbs.

I hope this answers some questions or gives an insight on what your Trust is currently doing.

Thanks and i hope we win today...I'll go for a hard fought 2-1 win.

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

morning all.....yes i am still here....i am at risk of redundancy at work so my heads not really focussing on latics/Trust  stuff, sorry to say that but i am logging in and flagging stuff.

I appreciate all the comments with regards to views on the Trust and thanks to Jorvik for stepping in to answer some questions even though he resigned recently.

Hand on heart (yes i have one), we are all disappointed that this has happened again, we have heard and accepted (relucantly), previous reasons and for this to happen again is not acceptable.

Are we impotent/ineffectual as a Trust? It certainly feels like this at the moment even i am thinking as a volunteer how effect am I or are we. Its not helped, that there is no OAFC board in place to discussed the previous teething problems, to have assurances it wont happen again, to discuss short term/ long term plans, to appoint someone to run the club in the owners absence and yes to ask is Al clued up with regards to how England works with regards to paying the bills and the staff, even a board to accept the new Trust rep to the board and their legal entitlement with regards to owning a business and running a business.

What i will say is that your New Trust rep is known at the club as she has been in and around since the Trust inception. Its not that the door is closed to her and we are locked out (yes i accept that we did not know about this week) and is in contact with people at the club even when this happened she was contacting people right away.

I am also pleased to say that thanks to the good foundations laid by Jorvik and now continuing with Andy B from here, that have we are in touch with Supporters direct who are monitoring our situation. Andy B is even volunteering his time to meet them next week.  It might not seem much but we are tapping into what we can, learning what we can.

Warchest, Maddog touched on this that we need to look building the funds and as you all know, we tried desperatly in the last few seasons to get something going that would boost the funds more than events, the scoreboard, the fans bar, but they have not happened for reasons well documented. We are running events this season, we have done meet the manager this year and we have a Sunday lunch "young guns" event at the Milan bar tomorrow. We have even launched this season a Trust membership scheme that for £10 not only gives you discounts to Trust events but a card that has built in technology that prevents up to 3 of your other cards from being skimmed. Andy b again is working on promoting this with Midnite who occassionally posts on here. We understand money is tight, but if you can attend an event or want more on the Trust membership scheme then throw me a PM.

I know i harp on about it but we are 12 volunteers who over Summer, had 4 resignations of people who are invaluable and could never replace so we have had to absorb that loss and go through a process of welcoming new volunteers. We are trying our best, we are listening, we are here ...(well maybe not me every day but others on here who know me can get a message to me if need be). we have learnt lessons on how we stood or perception that we stood,  in no mans land with the previous owner and the fans. What we did then and what we will do now is for the good of the club always and i hope it gives you a little piece of mind that we are not sat twiddling our thumbs.

I hope this answers some questions or gives an insight on what your Trust is currently doing.

Thanks and i hope we win today...I'll go for a hard fought 2-1 win.

cheers

Thanks for the update. Hope things work out at work.

16 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s contradictory though. 

Say you had 5 million, and you thought the entire spend for the club would be 3 Million. You spend a further 500k ‘having a go’ whilst doing that you find a black hole of further debt of another 1.5 million. Surely you would manage that the best you could rather than thinking I’ll blow the rest of my budget so the club is ok for a future owner but I’m screwed personally. 

It’s human nature to look after number one first. 

Also, who would you pay first-  the old pie contract- or the players? If the players aren’t getting paid, I think it’s fair to assume he hasn’t cleared all outstanding debt. 

If I had £5m and new I would have to spend £3m on the club initially, I would be mad to leave myself with just £2m. His accountants must have told him there were no assets apart from the players and it lost around £700k per season. The most he could get out of his £2m would be another 3 years.  

You've got to have much more that £5m to take Latics on.

5 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Not read this whole thread so apologies if someone has said it, but the players got paid 1 day late, I can't comment if the staff who aren't players have been paid as I don't know that. But yeah another factually incorrect story issued about the club.

Maybe so but given what's gone on previously those wages should be paid on time month in month out, even a day late is unacceptable and this one thing has had a huge effect on the feeling around the club and probably some players mindsets going into today, it's not good enough regardless of time scales.

5 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Not read this whole thread so apologies if someone has said it, but the players got paid 1 day late, I can't comment if the staff who aren't players have been paid as I don't know that. But yeah another factually incorrect story issued about the club.

Why would they go on strike if they were paid 1 day late? And why wouldn’t the club talk to the press to deny it? The turnstile staff I know only got paid yesterday. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

Anyone any concerns if we start to find out some information about our owner. I have his business address and picture where it is.

It is serviced Offices level on the 33rd floor of also serviced rental and hotel accommodation.  Iahve held back, as there is a chance that is where he lives.