Wages surely not again ?

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fully appreciate that and it's not a swipe at The Trust, it's just the reality of the situation.

If AL pulled the plug tomorrow the situation doesn't even worth thinking about and unfortunately all The Trust could do is sit back and watch it happen.

They are in a position to run the club on a short term basis if the plug was pulled. They've built up a support network of contacts including businesses, Football Supporters Federation and Supporters Direct (the last 2 was something I was keen to put in place before I left) and are trying to increase funds on the off chance (people are happier to poke fun at the efforts rather than supporting though).

Before I start this isn’t a dig at the trust, it’s kinda a leading question I guess. But the way I see it is.... the trust have a board member? And there isn’t many? AL, the new trust lady? Anyone else? Either way, it’s been said to sit on the board u take on legal responsibility? So quite a big thing. So my question is if u are sat on the board of a company, should you not know that we are struggling for funds? If wages will be paid? Roughly have some idea what is going on? Be able to ask questions etc?

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Before I start this isn’t a dig at the trust, it’s kinda a leading question I guess. But the way I see it is.... the trust have a board member? And there isn’t many? AL, the new trust lady? Anyone else? Either way, it’s been said to sit on the board u take on legal responsibility? So quite a big thing. So my question is if u are sat on the board of a company, should you not know that we are struggling for funds? If wages will be paid? Roughly have some idea what is going on? Be able to ask questions etc?

Depends if board meetings are taking place. Looking at the recent Trust communication, that doesn't look like it's the case. Again though - what are they going to do if they knew?

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I  Have asked questions about how staff have been treated and it seems that the Trust Directorship is a different type of Company Directorship to any that I am aware of. They don't have responsibility for how the club is run as all company directors do in law. They appear to have rewritten Company Law. I know it is difficult being a volunteer,but unfortunately their is only one class of Director and one set of responsibilities.No half way house and no non executive classification in law.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

They are in a position to run the club on a short term basis if the plug was pulled. They've built up a support network of contacts including businesses, Football Supporters Federation and Supporters Direct (the last 2 was something I was keen to put in place before I left) and are trying to increase funds on the off chance (people are happier to poke fun at the efforts rather than supporting though).

I'm not sure many have been poking fun - I just think quite a few don't know what they do. 

Admittedly I haven't tried overly hard to find out what the Trust's current priorities are, but they generally just seemed to be privy to some inside information (of which most can't/won't be shared..) and have a relatively small amount of cash in the bank. 

Thanks for adding a bit more meat to the bones. 

9 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

New Owner. Same Oldham.

Depressing isn't it. I was just getting round to enjoying things in this division, alright the football isn't the best, but I honestly thought we were achieving a little bit of stability. Just seems we are destined to be continuously kicked in the bollocks. 

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

New Owner. Same Oldham.

Did anyone really think it would be any different?

I think Corney probably did genuinely try and find the "right person", but that person just doesn't exist.

Just now, JoeP said:

I think Corney probably did genuinely try and find the "right person", but that person just doesn't exist.

The ‘right’ person was anyone willing to part with money for a Ltd company that makes a loss and doesn’t own any worthwhile fixed assets. That person was never going to be of sound mind if they weren’t a lifelong Latics fan who had money to burn.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The ‘right’ person was anyone willing to part with money for a Ltd company that makes a loss and doesn’t own any worthwhile fixed assets. That person was never going to be of sound mind if they weren’t a lifelong Latics fan who had money to burn.

Come on Andy win the Euro millions, apart from the money you fit the criteria perfectly. 

Just a thought, IF AL has cleared all of our hidden debts and has skint himself now and he is struggling to pay the wages wouldn't that make us appealing to somebody like Adam Pearson, we are a blank canvas..Not much debt and a squad ran on a shoestring budget, more chance of finding another buyer.

55 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm not sure many have been poking fun - I just think quite a few don't know what they do. 

Admittedly I haven't tried overly hard to find out what the Trust's current priorities are, but they generally just seemed to be privy to some inside information (of which most can't/won't be shared..) and have a relatively small amount of cash in the bank. 

Thanks for adding a bit more meat to the bones. 

No problem. 

There are are people on various social media outlets who take the mick out of the various events. They are only created to raise funds for the war chest but people aren’t interested in things like that unless we’re shaking buckets. 

47 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Just a thought, IF AL has cleared all of our hidden debts and has skint himself now and he is struggling to pay the wages wouldn't that make us appealing to somebody like Adam Pearson, we are a blank canvas..Not much debt and a squad ran on a shoestring budget, more chance of finding another buyer.

Mmmm. 

What bloke would have a go for a few months, realise he’s skint himself. Then think with what I’ve got left i’ll clear the debt for any new owner coming in. 

It’s a stretch. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Mmmm. 

What bloke would have a go for a few months, realise he’s skint himself. Then think with what I’ve got left i’ll clear the debt for any new owner coming in. 

It’s a stretch. 

It’s called cutting your losses. Something TTA should have done years ago. 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So now we await the official statement. Get it out quickly please, there’s a game on tomorrow ?

To be fair, the club don't owe anybody an "official statement" on this matter, except the staff and the players who are awaiting or have been paid late. All the fans need to do is turn up on Saturday, pay the money and support the team. It's the most and the best we can do.

Too many social media animals have that rare blood group...B-Negative.

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Mmmm. 

It’s a stretch. 

if he didn't know the true extent of our issues and bit off more than he could chew, could of made it easier for the next man

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I get what you are saying. To make us a decent prospect to the likes of Pearson, you'd imagine the Brassbank bits need to be included. But then Hull FC rent!

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Come on, Simon's criteria for finding an owner had nothing at all to do with the best interests of the club. I'm sure he is sleeping quite soundly at night.

32 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Come on, Simon's criteria for finding an owner had nothing at all to do with the best interests of the club. I'm sure he is sleeping quite soundly at night.

I was never a corney hater, I do think when he was in charge he tried. But he didn’t give a shit who he sold it to! He would have sold it to anyone! He needed to sell, he’s hardly going to risk his own well-being for the good of the club. He was hardly a saint!