Wages surely not again ?

8 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I wonder if the Trust could comment or not on whether we are getting close to pushing the big red panic button again?

And what does the big red panic button do?

Seriously what can the Trust actually do here. Im wondering if AL has seen his arse realised this was a massive mistake and is looking to bail.

Edited by GlossopLatic

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And what does the big red panic button do?

Seriously what can the Trust actually do here. Im wondering if AL has seen his arse realised this was a massive mistake and is looking to bail.

The rate he is going, he will have burned through all his cash pretty soon.

Edited by singe

7 minutes ago, singe said:

The rate he is going, he will have burned through all his cash pretty soon.

He put £3mill in hes going to need another £3mill over the next 5 years to just keep us going.

If he wants to take us to the championship hes going to need atleast another 8 figures to burn if he wants to get to the premiership he needs to be prepared to burn 9 figures. This is the reality of running a football club.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He put £3mill in hes going to need another £3mill over the next 5 years to just keep us going.

If he wants to take us to the championship hes going to need atleast another 8 figures to burn if he wants to get to the premiership he needs to be prepared to burn 9 figures. This is the reality of running a football club.

I think in reality that £3m over 5 years just keeps us standing still or ust into L1

3 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Instead of asking the club about for a picture of the team bus which came from a rumour from a kid on Twitter, can we try asking some questions of the owner/club that actually mean something?

It's easy to quash a silly rumour. The trust is meant to have a seat on the board and the fans know more about the wage situation than them through speaking to the players directly, which doesn't take a genius to do.

Not trying to have a dig and I'm fully expecting the "if you think you can do better..." response, but I feel we have the right to question our representatives after yet another unresolved issue.

Mile Keegan tweeted one thing, the trust asked and we got conflicting information

Al was not in the country as of Monday this week and your board representative as all Trust board members are available to answer questions from members. 

Thanks

51 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I wonder if the Trust could comment or not on whether we are getting close to pushing the big red panic button again?

No we are not but there is nothing wrong in being prepared and we are using our membership with Supporters Direct on their insights on how we can secure our position

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I don't have any faith in AL anymore after this mess.  The statement in the summer said that we've drawn a line under this issue, yet it's all happened again so soon.

I'd be happy if the trust give nothing else to AL in the short to medium term and look to build up a fund in order to safeguard the future of the club when he leaves.  If AL proves me wrong then great, but there are too many warning signs that can't be ignored.

Build a fund? A big enough fund to run the club. What with and how?

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s the hope that kills you.

So many false dawns. 

In some ways, I wish we were put out of our misery and start afresh. Then I slap myself, and realise I don’t fancy ramsbottom away. 

I think football will see a lot of clubs go to the wall in the near future. The World and the way society interacts is changing and the need for antiquated football clubs to change with it is paramount to their survival. A lot of clubs don't have the means to do this or the fan-base to warrant it. As the Premier League evolves and sucks up the cash, it will probably expand and split into more leagues within itself, with the Championship will becoming a kind of glass ceiling for the rest of the football league.

14 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think football will see a lot of clubs go to the wall in the near future. The World and the way society interacts is changing and the need for antiquated football clubs to change with it is paramount to their survival. A lot of clubs don't have the means to do this or the fan-base to warrant it. As the Premier League evolves and sucks up the cash, it will probably expand and split into more leagues within itself, with the Championship will becoming a kind of glass ceiling for the rest of the football league.

People have said this for decades 10 years from now no doubt their will be 72 Football league clubs all teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

we have tried...but have been either succuppered...scoreboard, fans bar...or not well supported in events.

how do we think big and build? we are launching a trust membership, we are still working on the fans bar concept... do you have any suggestions? 

Seriously, what events can boost the kitty so we can look at buying more shares?

What would get fans to financial support the warchest?...please

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

People have said this for decades 10 years from now no doubt their will be 72 Football league clubs all teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

I remember when the bolton chairman was banging on about no religation from the prem when they were still in it. Wonder how they feel about it now!

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

59 minutes ago, underdog said:

we have tried...but have been either succuppered...scoreboard, fans bar...or not well supported in events.

how do we think big and build? we are launching a trust membership, we are still working on the fans bar concept... do you have any suggestions? 

Seriously, what events can boost the kitty so we can look at buying more shares?

In all honesty I don't know what else we as fans could do in the immediate future.  I am thinking though!

In terms of building up a fund, I wasn't thinking along the lines of the summer of 2003 where we needed money urgently from week to week.  More that any money the Trust does have or gets in doesn't go towards short term investments like playershare and gets stored in case AL decides to up sticks and leave. 

I realise that if AL pulled the plug tomorrow we'd probably be screwed either way, but I'm at the point where I think he hasn't proved himself worthy of assistance from the Trust (or at least from the information that is in the public domain). 

I absolutely understand that a harmonious relationship between AL and the Trust would be the ideal scenario and maybe it would be soured beyond repair if the Trust decided to cut ties with him.  But I feel that until he gives cast-iron assurances that the club is on stable footing (or on the way there) he should be kept at arms length.

On a personal level, if the Trust had good reason to believe that the club's existence was at risk in the not too distant future, I'd be wanting the Trust to have as much of my money (sadly not a lot, although I'd get as many Euromillions tickets as I could if it helped!) so they could to be as strong as possible against any threat.  I'm pretty sure most fans would do the same.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I agree in part. 

I don’t think clubs our size will ever go to the wall as such. As I believe they’ll always be a team from Oldham in some form. In addition I think they’ll always be place for local sides playing each other- especially with two fingers to massive clubs. 

Where I do agree, is your point about leagues splitting into temslves. There’s already talk of a premier league 2. An I think with the money involved now, in years to come that will be our ‘promise land.’ The money that would be required to stabilise us in championship from our current position would easily be 20 million plus IMO. 

Which is unlikely in the extreme. 

10 hours ago, underdog said:

Tracey, I put £20 per month into Playerhare. If you opened Shareshare, where the objective was to build a warchest for big red button moments and/or to buy Shares with, I’d divert it - and throw in more when I could - into there!?!

Whatever the deal the trust were looking into with Blitz needs to be resurrected.

You need to have in place at least some form of short term contingency which can be put in place immediately and if Lemsagam spits his dummy out  a la Corney then so be it.

The trust,from what we read appear to be petrified of the owners both past and present.

Make them accountable and plan for their inadequacies. 

Edited by archiecat

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hopefully this Pearson rumour has some legs.

There’s only one Twitter account pedalling that rumour. Clearly Pearson has been ‘advising’ Abdallah, some might conjecture that Pearson may have been the person who introduced Corney to Abdallah, but there is no suggestion from anyone - bar single twitter account - that there is any interest in Pearson buying in or taking control.