Wages surely not again ?

9 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Should the club put out a statement every time a negative story is printed? Or should it quietly go about it's business? I'll go for the latter

As for sensationalism......I find it funny that so many people virulently complain/condemn on here about the quality of the Mail's journalism but accept Keegan's stories because they go unchallenged.

No..... but, Keegan reported it, Nixon reported it, the Trust reacted to it, sought assurances from the club & said the club were going to issue a response, the players were reportedly threatening a strike until dissuaded by Bunn & Rhodes. I think that’s enough noise to suggest the reporting is accurate.

Why? It is possible to hold two thoughts simultaneously, 1. That the Mail is an unpleasant publication and 2. Keegan is a journo employed by a Newspaper who’s political views he doesn’t necessarily share.

Had Keegan’s reporting of it been, “Foreign football owner hasn’t paid English players on time in favour of players from the EU”, I could understand Keegan being discredited, but that’s not the case.

33 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No..... but, Keegan reported it, Nixon reported it, the Trust reacted to it, sought assurances from the club & said the club were going to issue a response, the players were reportedly threatening a strike until dissuaded by Bunn & Rhodes. I think that’s enough noise to suggest the reporting is accurate.

Why? It is possible to hold two thoughts simultaneously, 1. That the Mail is an unpleasant publication and 2. Keegan is a journo employed by a Newspaper who’s political views he doesn’t necessarily share.

Had Keegan’s reporting of it been, “Foreign football owner hasn’t paid English players on time in favour of players from the EU”, I could understand Keegan being discredited, but that’s not the case.

As has been said before, Nixon throws out enough crap on all clubs that a very tiny percentage turns out to be true. So he's hardly credible.

How many stories has Nixon put out in the last couple of years about Latics that have turned out to be bollox?

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

As has been said before, Nixon throws out enough crap on all clubs that a very tiny percentage turns out to be true. So he's hardly credible.

How many stories has Nixon put out in the last couple of years about Latics that have turned out to be bollox?

He’s got plenty right as well.... If it was just Nixon, just Keegan, just the rumour of players threatening strike action, I’d be prepared to be sceptical. It’s not.... it’s all of them....!

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He’s got plenty right as well.... If it was just Nixon, just Keegan, just the rumour of players threatening strike action, I’d be prepared to be sceptical. It’s not.... it’s all of them....!

I've nowhere to go with this discussion so we'll just have to disagree, old boy. ? 

15 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Nixon gets most of what he posts right. The only thing I recall him getting wrong was saying Doyle wouldn’t be joining. Even then, Doyle may not have been signing at the time of writing before circumstances changed. 

30 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Nixon gets most of what he posts right. The only thing I recall him getting wrong was saying Doyle wouldn’t be joining. Even then, Doyle may not have been signing at the time of writing before circumstances changed. 

I agree with you broadly, however....

He said Byrne was going abroad..... Scotland is pushing the definition of that.

He reported MacDonald @ Wigan was joining on loan, then retracted it.

He reported new investment was coming, albeit he said he didn't know whether to believe it.

He reported Brighton were likely to bid for Hamer.

....I could go on.... he's doesn't' get everything right..... but that's a far cry from saying he's making things up. He reports what he believes to be true, some of will be, some of it won't. The fact that this most recent wages story was echoed by numerous reporters, National & Local, suggests it is spot on. Hence, I don't understand why folk don't believe it and attack the journos.

Edited by lookersstandandy

17 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Correct - this myth about Nixon posting shite is the biggest myth of all, he's been pretty accurate where we are concerned but will have the odd one wide of the mark held against him, anyone who thinks there still isn't an issue with paying wages in time really needs to give their head a wobble, I was told that the issue before the Carlisle game was only resolved out of respect that the players have for Frankie and Andy Rhodes.

I would say that relying on the goodwill of players towards the coaching staff leaves us skating on very thin ice and I'd hope AL can make sure the players are paid on time as a priority as I don't really want to see any more half hearted performances like the one we saw at home to Carlisle. If they are not paid on time again I for one have no problem with whatever course of action the players want to take.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I would say that relying on the goodwill of players towards the coaching staff leaves us skating on very thin ice and I'd hope AL can make sure the players are paid on time as a priority as I don't really want to see any more half hearted performances like the one we saw at home to Carlisle. If they are not paid on time again I for one have no problem with whatever course of action the players want to take.

I would have a problem if their chosen course of action was to play as badly as they did against Carlisle ?

47 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I would have a problem if their chosen course of action was to play as badly as they did against Carlisle ?

You can't really complain how they play if they haven't been paid, if they turn up fine but I'd be very surprised if you could get a team together in the right frame of mind on the back of not being paid again and again.... It's probably time as fans that we stop blaming managers and players for the shit storms that continue to blight any progress.

10 hours ago, singe said:

Lets hope the Bradford game response showed all is sorted.

I wish it would but the lack of response from the club here suggests that they arent going to rectify this and the inevitable will happen again.

The only way I see this not happening again is if a very rich and generous individual comes on board with Lemsagam or even replaces him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You can't really complain how they play if they haven't been paid, if they turn up fine but I'd be very surprised if you could get a team together in the right frame of mind on the back of not being paid again and again.... It's probably time as fans that we stop blaming managers and players for the shit storms that continue to blight any progress.

Whereas I can see your point, I believe that if players turn out then they should turn up and give it their all for the fans. 

I pay good money and travel a Long way to support my team.

However, if the players are continually not being paid and went on strike then they would have my full support.

And, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see anyone blaming managers and players for the ‘shit storms’ ...

Edited by TheBigDog

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wish it would but the lack of response from the club here suggests that they arent going to rectify this and the inevitable will happen again.

The only way I see this not happening again is if a very rich snd generois individual comes on board with Lemsagam or even replaces him.

As I have said before, the club does not have to externalise a response, it deals with it from within. If the players don't get paid on time again, then it is within their rights to act appropriately and if that means not turning out to play football, then so be it. If they do decide to play then they should be professional and give it 100%. A half-assed performance on the back of being paid late is no excuse if they turn up to play...it's not the fault of the fans who pay good money to watch them.

I’m pretty sure if the claims of late payments were indeed false AL or the club would have responded through the media by now.

Its extremely worrying that after AL’s promise of only a few months ago late payments would not be repeated that it has happened again.

To be in this situation 9 months into new ownership beggars belief. The very fact that he’s been out of the country during this period is another worrying factor.

The happenings at the end of this month should give us a better indication of our overall financial situation.

Personally, I fear the worst!

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

As I have said before, the club does not have to externalise a response, it deals with it from within. If the players don't get paid on time again, then it is within their rights to act appropriately and if that means not turning out to play football, then so be it. If they do decide to play then they should be professional and give it 100%. A half-assed performance on the back of being paid late is no excuse if they turn up to play...it's not the fault of the fans who pay good money to watch them.

If it was just a daft rumour on twitter then I wouldnt expect a response but it has been in several news outlets Id expect an external response. The fact that it hasnt shows that their is no plan to rectify the clubs cashflow problems and this will continue to happen. Its as if we have normalised this kind of behaviour from the club

It also shows that Lemsagam has absolutely no plan whatsoever has no idea what he is doing.

14 hours ago, JoeP said:

If we just sign players that will play for free, this problem goes away immediately.

QPR offered (Oldham lad) Nedum Onuoha a new contract where they wanted him to play for free. Not sure why the Beeb felt the need to report it, we've been doing this for a decade. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45481218