Wages surely not again ?

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

No, but I can! I was there for that game......the cheating git!

I remember him on the radio after Henry's handball vs Ireland saying that he didn't know how he could look himself in the mirror.  Needed a new radio!

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

All I recall of Macari was the financial irregularities he was involved in at Swindon - when they got promoted, relegated, then promoted back to where they started in ‘92. Safe to assume therefore he was an unpleasant individual.

Think you'd be old enough to remember the 6-0 hammering we gave his West Ham side too. 

#HasMacariHadABet(Lads) 

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Did he get sacked after that game? My fading memory tells me Billy Bonds was their manager during those years.

Yep, (on the Sunday after) but not for the beating. It was around his betting at Swindon. The stuff that stopped Swindon getting promoted was payments to players, Ossie Ardilles was the manager at the time, but it happened when Macari was there.

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

All I recall of Macari was the financial irregularities he was involved in at Swindon - when they got promoted, relegated, then promoted back to where they started in ‘90. Safe to assume therefore he was an unpleasant individual.

The same Macari who set up a shelter for the homeless.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure it is something you would really announce.

The Trust believe that wages have been paid, unless I'm mistaken?

If players have been paid then obviously no announcement is needed, although on the off chance that they haven't then some clarity would be needed.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

3 minutes ago, stott182 said:

An announcement would have been nice to counter the negative news from twitter, BBC etc just to stop rumours.

Won't really make any difference...the same news-b*stards will still be hovering next month to see if the players have been paid and they will only stop if it's not an issue for several months.

10 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Won't really make any difference...the same news-b*stards will still be hovering next month to see if the players have been paid and they will only stop if it's not an issue for several months.

I like & respect a lot of what you post Mike, but I don’t really understand you/any fan digging out Mike Keegan specifically. If the owner of the club paid the wages on time - a basic obligation - then he or any other news-b*stard would have nothing to hover over. All they are doing is reporting the facts. The blame lies entirely with the owner of the club, not the media.

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I like & respect a lot of what you post Mike, but I don’t really understand you/any fan digging out Mike Keegan specifically. If the owner of the club paid the wages on time - a basic obligation - then he or any other news-b*stard would have nothing to hover over. All they are doing is reporting the facts. The blame lies entirely with the owner of the club, not the media.

I didn't specifically mention Keegan but now you've brought his name up, I will say he is prone to sensationalism hence we are still waiting for this big (his words) close season story.

We heard stories from a number of posters with varying sources and Keegan himself posted twice that the players hadn't been paid and someone else in between had stated the players had been paid with the Trust also saying that, according to their information wages had been paid. Based on that.....I don't have a source and am still no wiser but I'm leaning towards the players being paid as it's all gone quiet

53 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I didn't specifically mention Keegan but now you've brought his name up, I will say he is prone to sensationalism

A tabloid journalist prone to sensationalism? 

In other news be careful where you step in timber plantations with significant ursine populations. 

Edited by Dave_Og

48 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I didn't specifically mention Keegan but now you've brought his name up, I will say he is prone to sensationalism hence we are still waiting for this big (his words) close season story.

We heard stories from a number of posters with varying sources and Keegan himself posted twice that the players hadn't been paid and someone else in between had stated the players had been paid with the Trust also saying that, according to their information wages had been paid. Based on that.....I don't have a source and am still no wiser but I'm leaning towards the players being paid as it's all gone quiet

All journo’s are prone to sensationalism. Right or wrongly, it goes with the territory.

I don’t know Mike Keegan, or anything about his character or motives for reporting everything that happens at Latics but I’m glad he does, because it shines a light on the shambollic administration and applies pressure on those in charge to rectify it.

In this particular instance, he reported they  hadn’t been paid, which appeared accurate on the basis it wasn’t challenged by the club. He further reported they still hadn’t been paid days later, which was seemingly - but by no means certainly - in conflict with information shared by the Trust.

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

All journo’s are prone to sensationalism. Right or wrongly, it goes with the territory.

I don’t know Mike Keegan, or anything about his character or motives for reporting everything that happens at Latics but I’m glad he does, because it shines a light on the shambollic administration and applies pressure on those in charge to rectify it.

In this particular instance, he reported they  hadn’t been paid, which appeared accurate on the basis it wasn’t challenged by the club. He further reported they still hadn’t been paid days later, which was seemingly - but by no means certainly - in conflict with information shared by the Trust.

Should the club put out a statement every time a negative story is printed? Or should it quietly go about it's business? I'll go for the latter

As for sensationalism......I find it funny that so many people virulently complain/condemn on here about the quality of the Mail's journalism but accept Keegan's stories because they go unchallenged.