January Window Gossip/Rumours

9 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Anyone remember the triallist whoplayed in the pre-season friendly against City a good few years back?

looked a right player, Rui Miguel or something like that?

Do you mean Liandro Martis - went to Leicester’s Academy instead....? Anyway, 3 years later.... now 23, he’s still there, has never been on loan anywhere and has played a grand total of 0 competitive games.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Because I private messaged the person who asked the question instead. Are you a Police Officer...?

No... I’m simply asking a perfectly reasonable question.  Just wondered why you deleted it? If something had changed. 

5 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Duds maybe not but none of them look much better than average league 2 players.

My opinion for what it is worth is that the Club will unearth potential jewels amongst the imports, be our players with a potential sell on value which may be a necessary evil, enable us to rely less on the loan system.

It would also be nice if some could develop an affinity with us as they are not temporary on loan players and take pride in the shirt they wear

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Fair to say that we currently have no Lemsagam duds? 

Who do we have at the moment? Making the big assumption that all the foreign lads were signed by AL (which is an assumption but one I think we have to make - none of Sheridan, Wellens or Bunn are known for their scouting of the French 4th division):

Maouche - doesn’t look like he’s worth what we’re reported to be paying him (he’s no Christian Colusso) and he has blown a little hot and cold but seems a more than adequate player at this level and when he’s been on form he’s looked very good

Missilou - superb

Nepomuceno - decent cross, good going forward when played on the wing, not a bad reserve full back, good signing

Sylla - too early to say

Branger-Engone - has some skills, and a left foot (right one still to be located), I’m happy to be proved wrong in time but I’m not at all convinced, just doesn’t seem to fit into the team 

De la Paz - exists

I agree - no duds on that list (personally I’d probably count Branger-Engone because he frustrates me so much but I accept that won’t be a widely held view).