January Window Gossip/Rumours

“Chris (O'Grady) has been playing with a knock for a couple of weeks . . . It's just got to a point where it's to the detriment of the team and Chris, so he might have a week or so on the side lines.” www.oldhamathletic.co.uk 

Whatever the situation with Duffus, we need additional attacking options urgently! 

Two things:

1.  Might I suggest that we would be better off with a smaller squad of players who are paid on time rather than a bigger one that goes missing when it is paid late.

2.  Recent signings of players who have French as their first language have shown improvements to the kind of player we need i.e. Sylla looks a good replacement for Lydon.

I do still think we need a striker (return of Surridge in time for Doncaster my preference) and a CB who can compete with Clarke and George for a start.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I know.

I always enjoy your wisdom Eyrsey. 

Do you still think Leicester could take two of their players out of the premier league winning side, replace them with two of ours and still win it? 

Depends which ones you selected for the switch.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've heard Sohny Sefil will be signing in the next day or two, centreback whose a bit of a unit by all accounts. Not sure if he's signing with a view to playing or as back up to Clarky and Eddie. 

On the bright side it will be another body in and a much needed one in our depleted squad But according to the ever reliable wiki he has only played 31 games since 2012, possibly another Giles Coke type who collects a wage and never plays..Surely only signing as back up to Clarke and Edmundson..

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've heard Sohny Sefil will be signing in the next day or two, centreback whose a bit of a unit by all accounts. Not sure if he's signing with a view to playing or as back up to Clarky and Eddie. 

From Tripoli... Can't say we aren't spreading the net. 

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

The fact we hardly do business in January doesn't fill me with confidence and probably goes some way to explaining why we haven't finished any better than 15th in any League since 2008/09.

A decade of abject failure could support an argument that we should maybe try a different approach but I won't hold my breath. 

Majority of this board would see 15th in league 2 as a roaring success.