1 hour ago, mad4it said:

That never was going to happen, Surridge always played better playing off O’Grady, in the same sense that Doyle scored the major of his goals playing off Davies 

And that really worked well in both matches against Carlisle!!!

1 hour ago, UpTheLatics said:

I love how you state the obvious with such a sense of discovery.

When someone says something silly in response to a perfectly valud point, I feel the need to dumb down a little. 

I said “he shouldn’t spend money he doesn’t have”.  The response was “I thought he had money”.  Brilliant. I mean, come on. 

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Big mistake last season letting Clarke go and keeping the fat, divisive bastard. 

At the time it was the right decision. Clarke struggled on the pitch. 

However, in hindsight, given the number of games Gerrard played, his unprofessional conduct in playing when he shouldn't have done and his role in some obvious issues in the dressing room, it wasn't the right decision. 

Clarke's leadership off the pitch can't be understated. We might have stayed up if we had kept Clarke and sent Gerrard on loan. However, if Clarke had helped Ripley keep a clean sheet against Dale in April at Gigg Lane - the maths says we stay up. 

The wholly unnecessary elbow yesterday, not to mention the jumping with his hands up, was very unusual for Clarke. Perhaps its a sign of something not right. I wonder what the reaction would be on here if Gerrard had Clarke's day yesterday. 

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Really, I mean really.......better times...where for f***s sake? He's found a level that suits his age and physique. 

And if Bunn was a manager instead of a coach, we would have exploited his physical deficiencies.

What do you mean? Really? 😂

I was speaking in general but if you dont think 4th in the league, paid every week/month on time where the fans love him isnt better then you're a typical owtbs poster.

Yeah I bet he wishes he was still at Oldham. Yeah all Bunns fault! 

43 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

These are things you (and everyone else obviously) want him to do.  This is not a challenge. Kusunga wants to challenge him. How? 

Couldn't care less about him having English lessons. I don't think the any lack of information is because of a lack of vocabulary and beyond that, I don't see him suddenly wanting to morph into Andy Holt or Darragh McAnthony as a club mouthpiece anyway. I'm also not sure that club shops cover their costs these days - if the high street is struggling then I'd expect launching a traditional club shop to be a great way to lose cash.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

And that really worked well in both matches against Carlisle!!!

No but it did against Macclesfield, Crawley, Grimsby, Colchester, Bradford and Bury , so much so that 10 of the 12 goals scored by surridge have been scored whilst playing alongside O’Grady 

7 hours ago, mad4it said:

No but it did against Macclesfield, Crawley, Grimsby, Colchester, Bradford and Bury , so much so that 10 of the 12 goals scored by surridge have been scored whilst playing alongside O’Grady 

O'Grady has not always been on the pitch though, Surridge has scored some of his goals once O'Grady has been subbed. 

O'Grady had a purple patch but other than that he's been largely shite, I'd be staggered if Scholes persists with playing either him or an unfit Vera upfront.

7 hours ago, mad4it said:

We got stuffed at home against Carlisle with O'Grady getting "beasted" by their two big centre-backs therefore giving Surridge nothing to work with. Why would you go into the return fixture with the same tactics and lineup with an expectation of a different result?

Getting a 6-0 thrashing up there showed up Bunn's lack of imagination and tactical nous. 

Edited by mikejh45

8 hours ago, palmer1 said:

What do you mean? Really? 😂

I was speaking in general but if you dont think 4th in the league, paid every week/month on time where the fans love him isnt better then you're a typical owtbs poster.

Yeah I bet he wishes he was still at Oldham. Yeah all Bunns fault! 

You posted previously "In general that means he's probably a decent to very good footballer who will go on to betters times elsewhere".

That reads like he can do better than Carlisle but recent history suggests otherwise.

And your last line above is nonsense in this particular debate. I said Bunn was clueless for not putting pace against him not once but twice. Like I said tactically inept.

7 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You posted previously "In general that means he's probably a decent to very good footballer who will go on to betters times elsewhere".

That reads like he can do better than Carlisle but recent history suggests otherwise.

And your last line above is nonsense in this particular debate. I said Bunn was clueless for not putting pace against him not once but twice. Like I said tactically inept.

When Gerrard contract with Carlisle was up in January he was desperate for a move nearer to home but nobody was interested  (including Chesterfield). I suspect that's now down more to his reputation though than his actual footballing ability.

39 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

It even says in general in the quote 😂 it means he can do better than Oldham hence the pay & the fans comments which he is currently doing no? 

Bunn put Surridge against him twice but yeah no pace, he just didnt get a kick in 2 games but that was all Bunn not Surridge or even Gerrard.😂

I wonder why I'm  posting on this board far less frequently these days, thanks for the reminder.

Edited by palmer1

Abdallah - Here are my conditions for taking the manager’s job:

1. I and my coaching team have total control over team selection

2. I can bring in my own back room team

3. Sufficient funds to be made available to sign players of proven quality

4. No player is signed without my agreement.

5. No member of the ownership team is allowed into the dressing room unless invited

6. Ownership team to give 24 hours prior notice if planning to turn up to a training session

7. Any criticism of players or coaching staff is handled behind closed doors

8. The club to forge stronger ties with the local community

I look forward to your feedback. 😀

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

5. No member of the ownership team is allowed into the dressing room unless invited

6. Ownership team to give 24 hours prior notice if planning to turn up to a training session

Currently, probably none of those boxes are ticked, which goes a long way to why we are where we are unfortunately, on and off the pitch, and unable to have confirmed a local experienced high profile person.

The Sun in their Goals section today is questioning why Scholes should take the job as the place is a circus with AL meddling, still not settling Wellens’ or Bunn’s wages, issuing fines and signing mediocre players above the managers head.

Basically a rehash of what we know already or what ex-players have stated after leaving.  Doesn’t paint us in a great light.

If it is Scholes then I hope AL doesn’t interfere, allows him to bring in some players to strengthen our side and creates a solid foundation for us to improve this season and realistically challenge the next.  I doubt that he’d change his character or story of ownership but we’d be more visible in the press with Scholes at the helm and I really hope our owner doesn’t drag us further into the dirt.

Edited by Midsblue

45 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

It even says in general in the quote 😂 it means he can do better than Oldham hence the pay & the fans comments which he is currently doing no? 

Bunn put Surridge against him twice but yeah no pace, he just didnt get a kick in 2 games but that was all Bunn not Surridge or even Gerrard.😂

I wonder why I'm  posting on this board far less frequently these days, thanks for the reminder.

If you meant better than Oldham then why not say so in the first instance and be clear because I still read your comment as doing better than Carlisle.

And If you had bothered to read my posts you would have seen that a number of people had the same opinion. But I will ask you directly....if  an O'Grady/Surridge partnership badly failed and couldn't break down Gerrard/A.N.Other in the home fixture.....does it make tactical sense to play the same two up front in the away fixture?

As to your last point....we live in a world of differing opinions however daft you may think mine are and I may think yours are....if you can't deal with that then maybe it's right you walk away.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I think the community work is really good. Always room to improve but the Community Trust guys are doing an amazing job. 

Even Callum Lang has done several great events. He's been brilliant as a loanee.

Agree with everything else though. 

It would be unbelievable if Lemsagam is going into this blind. He must know that Scholes won't stand for any nonsense. 

The only two logical scenarios are Lemsagam is an absolute head the ball or he could see major issues with both Wellens & Bunn. 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

At the time it was the right decision. Clarke struggled on the pitch. 

However, in hindsight, given the number of games Gerrard played, his unprofessional conduct in playing when he shouldn't have done and his role in some obvious issues in the dressing room, it wasn't the right decision. 

Clarke's leadership off the pitch can't be understated. We might have stayed up if we had kept Clarke and sent Gerrard on loan. However, if Clarke had helped Ripley keep a clean sheet against Dale in April at Gigg Lane - the maths says we stay up. 

The wholly unnecessary elbow yesterday, not to mention the jumping with his hands up, was very unusual for Clarke. Perhaps its a sign of something not right. I wonder what the reaction would be on here if Gerrard had Clarke's day yesterday. 

Clarke was a colossus on Saturday. Gerrard is incapable of a performance like that. I don't know what view you had of the "elbow" but he brushed past the keeper who behaved appallingly to get Clarke yellow carded. He didn't jump with his hands up. "Something not right"? I think everything was right about his performance. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

I think the community work is really good. Always room to improve but the Community Trust guys are doing an amazing job. 

Even Callum Lang has done several great events. He's been brilliant as a loanee.

Agree with everything else though. 

It would be unbelievable if Lemsagam is going into this blind. He must know that Scholes won't stand for any nonsense. 

The only two logical scenarios are Lemsagam is an absolute head the ball or he could see major issues with both Wellens & Bunn. 

Upboated for using the term ‘head the ball’. - haven’t heard that in years 😀

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

As unbelievable as buying a football club blind...

Ha! Unbelievable then.
Wellens was an understandable call. Bunn was a mystery, but a punt on a "legend" who at elast had tons of coaching experience. Scholes understandable for obvious reasons-he has to try.
But now if it goes tits up, well he'd deserve everything he got.