35 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It's crazy enough to think Scholes may take the job on,for Butt to Jack a very good number to become second in command here is beyond the realms of sanity.the partnership to equal Dumb and Dumber.

Butt may fancy getting involved in real Football. He can probs always go back.

37 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It's crazy enough to think Scholes may take the job on,for Butt to Jack a very good number to become second in command here is beyond the realms of sanity.the partnership to equal Dumb and Dumber.

Edited by oafc1955
Double post

1 hour ago, singe said:

Does anyone know if it is feasible to put Scholes shares in Salford into a Blind Trust. I realise he knows where they are, but it might saitsfy the regualtions as it is the same for any politician that does it.

Not sure it would, as he'd still be the beneficial owner of the shares.

7 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Clarke was a colossus on Saturday. Gerrard is incapable of a performance like that. I don't know what view you had of the "elbow" but he brushed past the keeper who behaved appallingly to get Clarke yellow carded. He didn't jump with his hands up. "Something not right"? I think everything was right about his performance. 

He elbows the keeper in the small of the back, when the keeper has the ball in his hands. Whilst you are on a yellow card that is simply dumb. I had a cracking view of it. The keeper sells it like Shaun Michaels against Hulk Hogan but he couldn't have done that if Clarke hadn't unnecessarily elbowed him (probably out of frustration). 

Despite the fact the ball didn't hit his hand, he conceded the penalty because he jumped with his arm up for no reason. He jumps without leading with his arm we probably get a draw. 

His performance for 89 minutes was 11/10, and your right to use the word colossus. However, his performance for the next 4 was - 1/10. In those final 4 minutes we might well have been better off without him on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He elbows the keeper in the small of the back, when the keeper has the ball in his hands. Whilst you are on a yellow card that is simply dumb. I had a cracking view of it. The keeper sells it like Shaun Michaels against Hulk Hogan but he couldn't have done that if Clarke hadn't unnecessarily elbowed him (probably out of frustration). 

Despite the fact the ball didn't hit his hand, he conceded the penalty because he jumped with his arm up for no reason. He jumps without leading with his arm we probably get a draw. 

His performance for 89 minutes was 11/10, and your right to use the word colossus. However, his performance for the next 4 was - 1/10. In those final 4 minutes we might well have been better off without him on the pitch. 

Spot on and Clarkey, being the man he is and, having watched it a couple of times, will agree i'm sure.

Football is about drama and Clarkey provided enough on his own on Saturday to make it a memorable game, if more for Donny than us! 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He gets hit sideways as going upwards and you don't jump upwards with your arms at your side...…..these, and the fact that Clarke is not the sort of player to deliberately attempt to handle the ball. makes me take the view it was just poor decision making by the officials.

He is guilty of the "dig" at the goalkeeper and rightly got a yellow card but when did he receive his first? And why is the incident being reported as a straight red when the ref clearly waves a yellow then red?

As I said. poor officiating.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

He gets hit sideways as going upwards and you don't jump upwards with your arms at your side...…..these, and the fact that Clarke is not the sort of player to deliberately attempt to handle the ball. makes me take the view it was just poor decision making by the officials. 

He is guilty of the "dig" at the goalkeeper and rightly got a yellow card but when did he receive his first? And why is the incident being reported as a straight red when the ref clearly waves a yellow then red?

nah, you don't jump like he did at Donny either. He had a mad moment, simple as. 

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He got the 1st for delaying tactics at the penalty it was worth trying some shithousery for. They had a penalty and you don't want to step aside and let them take it try and do something to disrupt the penalty takers mindset was worth the gamble of taking a 1st yellow card.

The 2nd one was abit petty although the keeper acted like a twat.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He got the 1st for delaying tactics at the penalty it was worth trying some shithousery for. They had a penalty and you don't want to step aside and let them take it try and do something to disrupt the penalty takers mindset was worth the gamble of taking a 1st yellow card.

The 2nd one was abit petty although the keeper acted like a twat.

Ok....I haven't seen the first yellow card anywhere.

But has it been a confirmed double yellow or a straight red?