2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

And all with an axe to grind, I would add.

I haven't heard any negativity from Bryan or Doyle but someone may put me right on that.

Also, Clarke might have thought his Latics career was over after Wellens let him go out on loan and so had opportunities to comment but he remained ultra-professional and seemed quite matey with AL following the win over Fulham.

Exactly. Even if things are bad , it’s good to see some professionals actually remain professional. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Exactly. Even if things are bad , it’s good to see some professionals actually remain professional. 

I would add that's why Clarke was always a more sought after player than Carlisle's chumpie.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If a charlatan agent from Morrocco can’t accept that Paul Scholes, one of the best midfielders to ever grace the planet, wants full control then he really should have a hard look at himself. 

Is there a particular reason you've upgraded him from the usual "of his generation"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

"Oldham Evening Chronicle now understanding that an announcement could be made shortly after the trip to Milton Keynes Dons on Tuesday night (29th January)."

"Oldham Evening Chronicle has contacted the club regarding the appointment of Paul Scholes, but we are yet to receive a response."

Our official "Media Partner" of course.

9 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I haven't heard any negativity from Bryan or Doyle but someone may put me right on that.

Also, Clarke might have thought his Latics career was over after Wellens let him go out on loan and so had opportunities to comment but he remained ultra-professional and seemed quite matey with AL following the win over Fulham.

Bryan and Doyle wouldn't have had issues with wages.

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Is there a particular reason you've upgraded him from the usual "of his generation"? 

Because he's now on the cusp of being our next manager and he is going to take us Champions League winners within 5 years...…...c'mon, buy into this!!!  

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Bryan and Doyle wouldn't have had issues with wages.

I thought Gerrard, Byrne and Davies all left before wages became an issue so that is not a reason...….also, according to Byrne's supporters on relevant threads, Byrne wanted to stay.

20 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure the fact that Bryan or Doyle haven't said anything adds much to the argument that he's good to work for..

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

If Scholes wants to hear AL say he doesn't pick the team, he just has to listen to the sole interview he's given to Radio Manc.

Scholes doesn't seem daft, or desperate, so will probably see straight through it. Scholes has gone on in the past about it being the "wrong time" to take the job when the vacancy has come up. This is surely the most "wrong time" it's ever been..

Surely its the opposite - he has absolutely nothing to lose in this situation.

We are at our lowest point in the football pyramid for nearly 50 years. We cant do much worse in this shit league.(he says tongue in cheek)

As some have said he has an easy get out clause if what AL has agreed to is not honored.

Do a half decent job with some sensible loan signings and some decent football, and we will "walk the league" next season and Scholes will be viewed as a success.

If Scholes does take this job, it can only be seen as a positive where AL’s meddling is concerned.

Scholes has enough standing in the game to make AL listen and, quite simply, keep his nose out of any team affairs. 

Theres an argument to say hes said that before, and likely do it again, but if he does it this time, then the only outcome following that would be to sack Scholes - and at £300k per year, that’s probabky financial suicide for him.

This may just be the kick up the arse he’s needed.

Staying on topic, I’m very interested in

who Scholes would want as part of his backroom staff.

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

If Scholes does take this job, it can only be seen as a positive where AL’s meddling is concerned.

Scholes has enough standing in the game to make AL listen and, quite simply, keep his nose out of any team affairs. 

Theres an argument to say hes said that before, and likely do it again, but if he does it this time, then the only outcome following that would be to sack Scholes - and at £300k per year, that’s probabky financial suicide for him.

This may just be the kick up the arse he’s needed.

Staying on topic, I’m very interested in

who Scholes would want as part of his backroom staff.

Nicky Butt

Just now, Londonboy said:

I'm sure Wild will get an active role. He will need someone "on the inside" and we don't have many to chose from!!

Plus he deserves to stay involved in some way with the first team

Think he prefers the Academy.

When asked if he wanted the job

‘There are a lot of things to take into consideration,’ said Wild. ‘Whether it’s the right time, whether it’s the right club, whether it’s the right anything for a first-team gig.’

Kind of sums up where we are.

28 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It's crazy enough to think Scholes may take the job on,for Butt to Jack a very good number to become second in command here is beyond the realms of sanity.the partnership to equal Dumb and Dumber.

Perhaps it will provide a short cut into league management for both of them. Everyone has to start somewhere but I think it’s unlikely unless he’ll be working for a minimal salary. Like Scholes he won’t be skint however so you never know.

It will be interesting if they do take over and then Salford are promoted!