12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit of a red herring really, no way Lemmy is telling prospective gaffers that him and Mo will be picking team and players.

I think that's the point. Of course he's not going to be telling Scholes him and his brother want to pick the team. But Scholes has to decide whether or not he believes him.

Just now, bozman said:

I think that's the point. Of course he's not going to be telling Scholes him and his brother want to pick the team. But Scholes has to decide whether or not he believes him.

True but it's also an easy cop out for Scholes or whoever if it does fall through.

31 minutes ago, bozman said:

If Scholes wants to hear AL say he doesn't pick the team, he just has to listen to the sole interview he's given to Radio Manc.

Scholes doesn't seem daft, or desperate, so will probably see straight through it. Scholes has gone on in the past about it being the "wrong time" to take the job when the vacancy has come up. This is surely the most "wrong time" it's ever been..

Edited by JoeP

6 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

We got stuffed at home against Carlisle with O'Grady getting "beasted" by their two big centre-backs therefore giving Surridge nothing to work with. Why would you go into the return fixture with the same tactics and lineup with an expectation of a different result?

Getting a 6-0 thrashing up there showed up Bunn's lack of imagination and tactical nous. 

Or perhaps his lack of available options 

29 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If Scholes wants to hear AL say he doesn't pick the team, he just has to listen to the sole interview he's given to Radio Manc.

Scholes doesn't seem daft, or desperate, so will probably see straight through it. Scholes has gone on in the past about it being the "wrong time" to take the job when the vacancy has come up. This is surely the most "wrong time" it's ever been..

Maybe by wrong time he meant personal circumstances. I know people like to think we’ve only been badly run since AL took the reins but that is just not true. We’ve been a circus 🎪 for as long as I care to remember. 🤡- just for my buddy Archie x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Apart from Carlisle,  the team were playing quite well under Bunn, beat Bury and lost narrowly to Exeter... 

I think any improvement in the first half of the season post-Rhodes removal was down to Max Wragg. I also never felt that Bunn knew what to do to change tactics mid-game!!!

If Scholes doesn't take it then it might as well stay as is until end of season, at least that way relegation is probably avoided.

Also no manager worth their salt will entertain the position if the owner can't give assurances about interfering with team selections. 

Which makes the thoughts of next season even worse!!!

16 minutes ago, mick26 said:

"Oldham Evening Chronicle now understanding that an announcement could be made shortly after the trip to Milton Keynes Dons on Tuesday night (29th January)."

"Oldham Evening Chronicle has contacted the club regarding the appointment of Paul Scholes, but we are yet to receive a response."

27 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I think any improvement in the first half of the season post-Rhodes removal was down to Max Wragg. I also never felt that Bunn knew what to do to change tactics mid-game!!!

Or perhaps (as the media now suggests) that team selection was influenced from elsewhere?

Announcement to be made shortly after MK Dons game on 29/01/2019.....

2258hrs 31/01/2019 - Oldham Athletic announce Paul Scholes as manager on 18 month contract

2301hrs 31/01/2019 - Paul Scholes resigns as Oldham Athletic Manager after club fails to conclude three loan signings because fax machine wasn’t plugged in

2305hrs 31/01/2019 - Pete Wild asked to take training ahead of Saturdays game

22 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Or perhaps (as the media now suggests) that team selection was influenced from elsewhere?

Who really knows!!! It's easy for recently departed managers to say it was the Chairman's fault...….they are hardly going to admit to being crap themselves.

43 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Oldham Evening Chronicle now understanding that an announcement could be made shortly after the trip to Milton Keynes Dons on Tuesday night (29th January)."

"Oldham Evening Chronicle has contacted the club regarding the appointment of Paul Scholes, but we are yet to receive a response."

So one media partner has briefed the other and said "don't quote us on that because it could all go arseways any second..."

Time will tell, I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Who really knows!!! It's easy for recently departed managers to say it was the Chairman's fault...….they are hardly going to admit to being crap themselves.

Bunn hasn’t made any comments about the chairman, but plenty of others have , Davies, Gerrard, Byrne et al

8 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Bunn hasn’t made any comments about the chairman, but plenty of others have , Davies, Gerrard, Byrne et al

And all with an axe to grind, I would add.

I haven't heard any negativity from Bryan or Doyle but someone may put me right on that.

Also, Clarke might have thought his Latics career was over after Wellens let him go out on loan and so had opportunities to comment but he remained ultra-professional and seemed quite matey with AL following the win over Fulham.