32 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He gets hit sideways as going upwards and you don't jump upwards with your arms at your side...…..these, and the fact that Clarke is not the sort of player to deliberately attempt to handle the ball. makes me take the view it was just poor decision making by the officials.

He is guilty of the "dig" at the goalkeeper and rightly got a yellow card but when did he receive his first? And why is the incident being reported as a straight red when the ref clearly waves a yellow then red?

As I said. poor officiating.

It's being reported as a straight red because the press association representative didn't see the first yellow, nor did they see the 2nd yellow when he was sent off. 

The BBC video footage clearly shows him getting booked and then with his red card being 2 yellows. 

However because all news outlets use Press Association for their stats it is being reported as a straight red. Despite the BBC contradicting their own footage by doing so. 

It could be that the ref did mean to give him a straight red card. However we will find out on Saturday as if Clarke plays it was 2 bookings, if he doesn't it was a straight red. 

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It is the figure I also heard to be honest, but the only people who know for sure are PS and AL...

Really hope this happens and AL  can sit on his hands 

massive publicity 

a good signing or two

fill the ground on Saturday 

well 1 out of 3 ain’t bad

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It's being reported as a straight red because the press association representative didn't see the first yellow, nor did they see the 2nd yellow when he was sent off. 

The BBC video footage clearly shows him getting booked and then with his red card being 2 yellows. 

However because all news outlets use Press Association for their stats it is being reported as a straight red. Despite the BBC contradicting their own footage by doing so. 

It could be that the ref did mean to give him a straight red card. However we will find out on Saturday as if Clarke plays it was 2 bookings, if he doesn't it was a straight red. 

Just had a look at the FA suspension list and it shows "Peter" 1 match ban.

They don't even have his surname on it - Good job the don't run a brewery, we would never have a piss up!!

14 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Just had a look at the FA suspension list and it shows "Peter" 1 match ban.

They don't even have his surname on it - Good job the don't run a brewery, we would never have a piss up!!

Have we got anybody else at the club called Peter?

Edited by mikejh45

19 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Just out of interest, does anyone know if Salford city have had any man utd yoofs on loan given that they have their class of 92 there..

I'd be interested to know how many players from PL clubs go on loan to each division. One would imagine that the flow dries up the further down the pyramid you go. Do any go as far down as National League? 

4 hours ago, archiecat said:

It's crazy enough to think Scholes may take the job on,for Butt to Jack a very good number to become second in command here is beyond the realms of sanity.the partnership to equal Dumb and Dumber.

Not necessarily - I can't see United letting him work any higher than with their kids.

Don't underestimate the lure of real football with real glory to be had..... 

1 hour ago, Fruitygoo said:

Maybe that's the gamble on the 300k...

Extra money on scholes but more options at utds youth on the cheap... 

Are we doing this again where we assume we'll get players from United due to his connections? 

Like Sports Direct & Newcastle, Lee Johnson & Brendan Rogers, Dickov and "Scotland" (my personal favourite).....

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Are we doing this again where we assume we'll get players from United due to his connections? 

Like Sports Direct & Newcastle, Lee Johnson & Brendan Rogers, Dickov and "Scotland" (my personal favourite).....

Yep... Because hope is all we have left =D

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Scholes been pretty outspoken on all things Red, doubt that's been forgotten in the corridors of power at Old Trafford.

I don't follow it closely, but wasn't he mainly anti Mourinho. I'm sure he'll be supportive of the current set up.

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd be interested to know how many players from PL clubs go on loan to each division. One would imagine that the flow dries up the further down the pyramid you go. Do any go as far down as National League? 

Some do, but many are now going abroad.

Wolves have 27 out on loan, 9 to a Spanish third tier club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/21/how-are-premier-league-players-on-loan-faring-part-one-arsenal-to-huddersfield

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/22/how-are-premier-league-loan-players-faring-part-two-leicester-to-wolves

Edited by BP1960

Whoever it is that comes in as manager, their first job needs to be re-building the reputation back of the club. We are a professional club on the face of things but are run worse than an amateur club. 

If you look at the training facilities in comparison to other clubs like Bury or Fleetwood then we are miles apart. I don’t know what the answer to this would be but I can’t imagine turning up for training on little Wembley or Chapel Rd everyday is something to look forward to. 

Just listening to David Dunn’s comments on how he was appointed manager, I was embarrassed as to how unprofessional things had got and they don’t seem to have changed much. 

If Paul Scholes is appointed manager then I personally think we’ve won the lottery with that appointment as the club, the way it has been ran, doesn’t derserve it. 

If AL thinks he can treat Scholes like he has done other managers, players and staff then he really has invested his money in the wrong business. If he can’t trust Scholes to pick and coach a team then he may as well sell up and go back to doing what he was doing before. Anybody that leaves the club doesn’t have a good word to say about us apart from how good the fans are. 

AL needs to step back once a manager is appointed. Establish a plan for the next 4-5 seasons with a style of play and an ethos of how a professional club should conduct itself. Let the manager manage and pick a team that he wants.

2 minutes ago, harry1203 said:

Whoever it is that comes in as manager, their first job needs to be re-building the reputation back of the club. We are a professional club on the face of things but are run worse than an amateur club.

That's not within the job description of the first team manager. 

4 minutes ago, harry1203 said:

If AL thinks he can treat Scholes like he has done other managers, players and staff then he really has invested his money in the wrong business.

I don't understand why so many of you think he "can't" treat Scholes badly if the mood takes him......

True but they have to come with reassurance that they are allowed to progress the club forward in all areas not just on the pitch. Granted the club or AL doesn’t have money to throw about but there’s a way to conduct yourself as a football club. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't understand why so many of you think he "can't" treat Scholes badly if the mood takes him......

Maybe my point should’ve been that with the worldwide reputation and experience that Scholes has compared to Darren Kelly or Frankie Bunn then he can’t be giving Scholes advice on football, or coming into the changing rooms after a loss or handing him a team sheet. He might be a shite manager in the end but he should be left alone to manage the club. Scholes more so than any other rookie manager we’ve had deserves the respect and time to get on with his job.

8 minutes ago, harry1203 said:

Maybe my point should’ve been that with the worldwide reputation and experience that Scholes has compared to Darren Kelly or Frankie Bunn then he can’t be giving Scholes advice on football, or coming into the changing rooms after a loss or handing him a team sheet. He might be a shite manager in the end but he should be left alone to manage the club. Scholes more so than any other rookie manager we’ve had deserves the respect and time to get on with his job.

I agree.certainly last rookie we gave that amount of respect to was a 33yr old Joe Royle.

If it is to be PS, hope his car breaks down tomorrow (if you remember the story of Royle's first day!)

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle
Pissmelling
  • Like 1