4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

And all with an axe to grind, I would add.

I haven't heard any negativity from Bryan or Doyle but someone may put me right on that.

Also, Clarke might have thought his Latics career was over after Wellens let him go out on loan and so had opportunities to comment but he remained ultra-professional and seemed quite matey with AL following the win over Fulham.

Maybe so , Gerrard and Davies have been most vocal( with Gerrard most likely to “spill the beans”) . But let’s be honest there’s no smoke without fire, and you can’t say AL fills you with confidence , no board, no CEO, no supporter meetings , staff sacked by email ... the list goes on !

33 minutes ago, harry1203 said:

True but they have to come with reassurance that they are allowed to progress the club forward in all areas not just on the pitch. Granted the club or AL doesn’t have money to throw about but there’s a way to conduct yourself as a football club. 

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's not within the job description of the first team manager. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He elbows the keeper in the small of the back, when the keeper has the ball in his hands. Whilst you are on a yellow card that is simply dumb. I had a cracking view of it. The keeper sells it like Shaun Michaels against Hulk Hogan but he couldn't have done that if Clarke hadn't unnecessarily elbowed him (probably out of frustration). 

Despite the fact the ball didn't hit his hand, he conceded the penalty because he jumped with his arm up for no reason. He jumps without leading with his arm we probably get a draw. 

His performance for 89 minutes was 11/10, and your right to use the word colossus. However, his performance for the next 4 was - 1/10. In those final 4 minutes we might well have been better off without him on the pitch. 

Great Summerslam 2005 reference! I really felt for Clarke - love his leadership and commitment; sadly took it a step too far but I forgive him in a heartbeat for his overall performance. Just my two penneth.

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Maybe so , Gerrard and Davies have been most vocal( with Gerrard most likely to “spill the beans”) . But let’s be honest there’s no smoke without fire, and you can’t say AL fills you with confidence , no board, no CEO, no supporter meetings , staff sacked by email ... the list goes on !

Can't argue with the second half of  what you said...…..but both Gerrard and Davies have form with other clubs when they haven't got their own way.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Can't argue with the second half of  what you said...…..but both Gerrard and Davies have form with other clubs when they haven't got their own way.

Gerrard a big mouthed ???? but he has said he will tell all when his case against his dismal has been concluded,  I guess that it will make some interesting reading and give us an insight to the way the club is run 

Hasn’t Nicky Butt just moved into that huge mansion on the entrance road to Delph? Previously owned by the Housing Units fella... not that it matters, but ideal job right on his and scholes’ doorstep. They both played for Boundary Park together aswell, tenuous link

Edited by MAC0AFC

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Scholes was at the game on Saturday with Mick Priest I believe, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s him who assists scholes. Recently left IK start in Norway. Previously with us and knows the club aswell. 

Admit I had to look Mick up as had forgotten his earlier roles with us, although I' m more aware of his older brother Judas' work

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Admit I had to look Mick up as had forgotten his earlier roles with us, although I' m more aware of his older brother Judas' work

I'd go for Steve Priest, he just wouldn't have a clue what to do... Anyone?? 😀 

8 hours ago, mad4it said:

Gerrard a big mouthed ???? but he has said he will tell all when his case against his dismal has been concluded,  I guess that it will make some interesting reading and give us an insight to the way the club is run 

But we will still only get one version (the club won't issue it's own version, just a rebuttal) and will it be accurate or will it  have a hefty coat of Gerradism…...I suspect the truth will be flip-flopping in between.

I look at a professional like Clarke who doesn't make waves and is still here and appears to be settled.

Edited by mikejh45

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So Scholes is apparently taking over after today, after we are out of the cup and possible along way off the play offs, if we lose today! Why not take over earlier?

Solksjaer effect. Start with a run of theoretically easy games to get a positive start.

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So Scholes is apparently taking over after today, after we are out of the cup and possible along way off the play offs, if we lose today! Why not take over earlier?

Probably imo so he can be unveiled at a home game, so Saturday.

Just hope if this happens, some of our fans have to realise he will more than likely need the summer to put his team together and don't put any fault at his door if we don't achieve promotion this season.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

Probably imo so he can be unveiled at a home game, so Saturday.

Just hope if this happens, some of our fans have to realise he will more than likely need the summer to put his team together and don't put any fault at his door if we don't achieve promotion this season.

Not sure its the fans we have to worry about patience wise!