Boundary Park buy out

Really poor from the club to do this for the Rochdale game as its a charity game effectively.

Could easily have left any fallout to come out for the Bolton game.

From the sounds of things the club is going to put on its own concession stands in competition with the OEC's, god knows how that'll play out.

7 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Why wouldn't AL react like that?

If it was me and someone was quite obviously trying to force me out of a club I'd (allegedly) invested millions in, I think I'd do the same!

Don't agree with most of the things AL has done, but I don't YET understand the huge support this FLG has, when nobody seems to know who they are, and it doesn't appear they have the money themselves to purchase and run the club?? Or am I missing something?

If he has millions to invest then he shouldn't have had much trouble purchasing the lot at the time or any time since.

If it was me and someone was quite obviously trying to force me out of a club I'd (allegedly) invested millions in, I think I'd do the same!

Don't agree with most of the things AL has done, but I don't YET understand the huge support this FLG has, when nobody seems to know who they are, and it doesn't appear they have the money themselves to purchase and run the club?? Or am I missing something?

If he has millions to invest then he shouldn't have had much trouble purchasing the lot at the time or any time since.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I might be wrong but, would each £12.75 not also cover paying all the staff working in there on a matchday and numerous other overheads rather than just the food? 

If Abdallah has presented it to you, and others, so simplistically could there be a possibility he's attempted (and succeeded it would seem) to mug you right off? 

The figures all added up to me. There was no way OAFC where making any money from my 100 Club season tickets. however with the drinks I purchased and the counter charge To OAFC I am sure the OEC where making a profit.

I take your point on staff, however OAFC have staff and overheads at there food outlets would you be happy paying £12.75 for a pie and a few peas ?  

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

The figures all added up to me. There was no way OAFC where making any money from my 100 Club season tickets. however with the drinks I purchased and the counter charge To OAFC I am sure the OEC where making a profit.

I take your point on staff, however OAFC have staff and overheads at there food outlets would you be happy paying £12.75 for a pie and a few peas ?  

Were you under the impression they were a charity? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

But you're one of 100 people, usually fewer, being catered to in the comfort of the 100 club bar.

I'm one of hundreds queuing like cattle below you hoping they don't run out of £3.50 pies. The overheads are way lower. 

I can see where the extra might go 

Edited by HarryBosch

This club is rivalling Bolton and Bury for being a laughing stock..

Inhouse fighting with absolutely nothing to gain other than causing friction between supporters..

We currently have a piss poor squad, a lunatic owner and a set of fans wanting to oust him by owning the rights to our only decent stand..

I can see this being played out in court and until then all those who have already bought their season tickets in the Joe Royle stand will be relocated..

13 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Neil Joy, Mark Moisley & Corney all said on more than one occasion that all matchday income from the North Stand went into the football club - now I am not by any stretch saying those three were bastions of truth (especially Corney) but who showed you these figures? If its a man that releases statements Goebbels would be proud of then I would question their legitimacy 

Edited by OAFC1984

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

This club is rivalling Bolton and Bury for being a laughing stock..

Inhouse fighting with absolutely nothing to gain other than causing friction between supporters..

We currently have a piss poor squad, a lunatic owner and a set of fans wanting to oust him by owning the rights to our only decent stand..

I can see this being played out in court and until then all those who have already bought their season tickets in the Joe Royle stand will be relocated..

If he tries relocating folk out of that stand then he really will have a riot on his hands.

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

But you're one of 100 people, usually fewer, being catered to in the comfort of the 100 club bar.

I'm one of hundreds queuing like cattle below you hoping they don't run out of £3.50 pies. The overheads are way lower. 

I can see where the extra goes/is needed.... 

Not really there are always way more than 100 people in the OEC stand. Also there are all the executive boxes and there food .

I will always support my Team first. I want OAFC to benefit from the tickets and Food and drinks I purchase not the OEC.

Just my take on things.  

• Like 1

We have to establish exactly who the people behind the FLG are and their intentions long term. There is no way this club can prosper and move forward under these arrangements.

Hopefully after presentations from them after the Bolton friendly match ( subject to confirmation regarding their ongoing situation ) we will have a much better understanding of their motives going forward and blueprint for the club.

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

It's funny how things have changed.

It started with people saying they were boycotting the new stand because they believed the money wasn't going into the club

Now people are happy that money spent in the new stand won't be going to the club...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Neil Joy, Mark Moisley & Corney all said on more than one occasion that all matchday income from the North Stand went into the football club - now I am not by any stretch saying those three were bastions of truth (especially Corney) but who showed you these figures? If its a man that releases statements Goebells would be proud of then I would question their legitimacy 

Not factually Correct.what was left after the OEC charges  OAFC got. Which in the case of my 100 club season tickets was not very much.

Do you honestly believe that Blitz took no money from the club on match days. For most of the time up until recently that was the OECs  only revenue stream. 

As I have said Previously I will support my Team first OAFC not the OEC.  

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I doubt that after everyone rolled over with the Chaddy End, a move that was far more emotionally charged 

People absolutely detest AL as it is, I don’t think it’s comparable (even though Corney was no saint either).

4 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Not factually Correct.what was left after the OEC charges  OAFC got. Which in the case of my 100 club season tickets was not very much.

Do you honestly believe that Blitz took no money from the club on match days. For most of the time up until recently that was the OECs  only revenue stream. 

No I believe (and know) that the club payed a flat rental to the OEC for the use of the stand on match days which was never hidden.

I also know that money transferred back and forth between OAFC and OEC several times to meet varying obligations each had in a Peter/Paul kind of way.

And if that was their only revenue stream I assume all those weddings and Christmas parties they’ve had for the last 3-4 years must have got them for free

The ‘fan’ group say they have acquired the shares of OEC and plan to buy the stand. 

OEC share ownership hasn’t changed according to Companies house (it’s still Blitz et al) and the most recent statement from the Trust said they had not yet had the statutory notice of a proposed purchase. 

Edited by kowenicki

9 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

The FLG stated in their blog -

"The agreement (re matcday use if OEC) we are awaiting the club sign off on only relates to Matchday operations.  This is in line with that of previous seasons.  Increases in hospitality purchases in the 19/20 season will therefore directly benefit the club."

Seems AL is not happy to have a matchday agreement that is "in line with that of previous seasons"  and  wants a bigger slice of the pie than Corney agreed with his mates.