1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Ive heard we are out there chuckin fair rates at some decent players..

It does look that way tbf. 

If mills is as good as some are saying we can’t of been the only one in for him. I’m not having that players suddenly want to play for us. We just offered another £500 a week than x club. 

10 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

I think people are harsh on the bloke when they question his purpose of being on the board.

It sounds like he does a lot of work behind the scenes that goes unnoticed...   

Past history gives enough reasons to feel the way a lot of people, me included, do about BO. But kudos to him if he was the instigator of bringing Mills to the club. Let's see him do it a few more times and we'll have a decent squad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Past history gives enough reasons to feel the way a lot of people, me included, do about BO. But kudos to him if he was the instigator of bringing Mills to the club. Let's see him do it a few more times and we'll have a decent squad.

If anyone truly knows of shite BO has done for the club, please feel free to share it. Personally I don't know of any. Please don't all yell Lee Hughes, everyone did enough of that whilst he was bagging for us.

A full-back will never get me massively giddy as a signing but this seems a genuinely great bit of business. Three POTS awards at a club in our quartet of the league last season isn’t  to be sniffed at. Well done to all involved 👍

3 hours ago, Lags said:

If anyone truly knows of shite BO has done for the club, please feel free to share it. Personally I don't know of any. Please don't all yell Lee Hughes, everyone did enough of that whilst he was bagging for us.

This for me too. I would love be to know.

Let’s hope Zak kicks on, BP has been a bit of a graveyard for several promising full backs....Joe Mills, Wilfred Moimbe, Rob Hunt, Cameron Dummigan, and even Connor Brown all looked decent players when they first arrived.

4 hours ago, Lags said:

At the time signing Lee Hughes was bad enough for the club but to follow that with trying to sign Ched Evans, was a PR disaster. 

Edited by Fanny Adams

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Let’s hope Zak kicks on, BP has been a bit of a graveyard for several promising full backs....Joe Mills, Wilfred Moimbe, Rob Hunt, Cameron Dummigan, and even Connor Brown all looked decent players when they first arrived.

BP has also been a great stepping stone for some also who have had fantastic careers..... with every negative there is also a positive, unless we are only allowed to look at the most recent times.

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

It does look that way tbf. 

If mills is as good as some are saying we can’t of been the only one in for him. I’m not having that players suddenly want to play for us. We just offered another £500 a week than x club. 

Maybe it's down to his commute? Morecambe is out on a limb for most players and Zac might fancy the Manchester scene. 

Either that or a call from Pep after next season 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Maybe it's down to his commute? Morecambe is out on a limb for most players and Zac might fancy the Manchester scene. 

Either that or a call from Pep after next season 😉 

Yeah possibly. Although I think that’s a nice cherry on the cake. Or when you’ve been offered the same money by two different clubs, but he prefers our location as you say. 

I don’t think though that he turned down a grand a week elsewhere to sign for us for 800 a week because he likes Manchester. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah possibly. Although I think that’s a nice cherry on the cake. Or when you’ve been offered the same money by two different clubs, but he prefers our location as you say. 

I don’t think though that he turned down a grand a week elsewhere to sign for us for 800 a week because he likes Manchester. 

Bigger club? but saying that I'd expected a bigger club than us to secure his services

Who knows???

15 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Just out of interest, who signed Mills, would he have been a target for Scholes because the new manager and coach wouldn’t have heard of him?.

According to Lee Sinnott, it was the enigma known as "Barry Owen".

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We said that when Bullshit Baz swooped in for Baxter...

Understandable when you consider Everton where prepared to help him out through his troubles and then give him a contract to start playing again. He gave an interview in one of the broadsheets thanking Bill Kenwright and stating he was now clean.

Taking all that into account and his exciting play for us first time around, he was definitely worth the gamble. Just a shame it didn't work out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

It would have worked, he played well under Scholes. Just, understandably, was not willing to take a 50% pay cut.

But on the season long snapshot was he worth a new contract on the same conditions.