Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I thought the purpose of a forum was to swap opinions and, after listening to other people's ideas,  enter into discussions which would lead to improvements for a common good.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

No, you're right 👍

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I thought the purpose of a forum was to swap opinions and, after listening to other people's ideas,  enter into discussions which would lead to improvements for a common good.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

I’ve given my opinions on Dino on this board many times, have a look at my past posts if you want. Feel free to give me your opinion on him if you like. 

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’ve given my opinions on Dino on this board many times, have a look at my past posts if you want. Feel free to give me your opinion on him if you like. 

Disappointed with results and feel he's not getting enough from the better players he has, some of the others you can't legislate for but a decent manager would have organised what he had, set them up correctly and kept them onboard,

Instead, it's all over the place, the player's obviously feel the same way and his whole demeanor is shocking.

This, when falling out of the football league is still looming large, doesn't bode well for the short or long term.

8 hours ago, Hands on said:

When Dino arrived he seemed the right person to give our squad a kick up the arse.  There was a response but after the last six games that seems to have been a false dawn.

My concern is that he is probably still kicking and the squad appears to have stopped responding having put in some of the worst performances this season.  His post match interviews suggest he often goes to a different game than me.  The shouting to players appears to be resented rather than helpful.

We are going in the wrong direction.  I can now see him getting us relegated.

So I see the matches on Ifollow so I don’t hear the shouting, but what I’m hearing from people who go is that the shouting is the same sort of shouting Clarkey had to do last year to intellectually challenged players like Missilou and Maouche. I’d be grateful if someone could clear that up, as Maouche seems to be benefiting.

As for the last 6 games, it really looked like we had turned a corner with MCCann in midfield. We lost that with his injury against Salford. Jones looked like he was getting fit and taking over but he too now is injured. Hope at least one of them is back for Saturday.

If Billy is to be believed - and, from what I read, there is nothing to doubt his integrity, then it is very worrying that there seems to be a certain type of character/personality trait in some people "running the club". It's little wonder we are where we are but the usual apologists will never see it.

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

If Billy is to be believed - and, from what I read, there is nothing to doubt his integrity, then it is very worrying that there seems to be a certain type of character/personality trait in some people "running the club". It's little wonder we are where we are but the usual apologists will never see it.

"The usual apologists"

Go on. Name names

59 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

So I see the matches on Ifollow so I don’t hear the shouting, but what I’m hearing from people who go is that the shouting is the same sort of shouting Clarkey had to do last year to intellectually challenged players like Missilou and Maouche. I’d be grateful if someone could clear that up, as Maouche seems to be benefiting.

As for the last 6 games, it really looked like we had turned a corner with MCCann in midfield. We lost that with his injury against Salford. Jones looked like he was getting fit and taking over but he too now is injured. Hope at least one of them is back for Saturday.

Well he’s pissed Morais off with the shouting to the point he’s now not playing. So different to Clarke.

38 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

intellectually challenged ?  Strange comment- care to elaborate?

OK just a very brief summary.

Sometimes there’s not much difference technically between players in different divisions, but the smarter more intelligent player the one who learns quicker about positioning, when to release the ball etc. will often get to a higher level than someone equally technically ungifted.

If I was a manager I’d make damn sure that any youngster I signed was reasonably intelligent and had what is often called a football brain.

As an example: Since he came to Spain I’ve been watching Trippier a lot playing for Atletico. Apart from the fact that Simeone always has his team well drilled, for me Trippier is a prime example of a player, playing well at the highest level with just the minimum of technical ability, because he uses his limited assets – crossing, throw but above all else being in the right place and releasing the ball at the right time.

Now Missilou, Sylla, Branger and to a lesser extent Maouche are just the opposite of this they still haven’t learned what the game is about, and need constant coaching. Learning difficulties which for me make them  intellectually challenged.

5 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Sometimes there’s not much difference technically between players in different divisions, but the smarter more intelligent player the one who learns quicker about positioning, when to release the ball etc. will often get to a higher level than someone equally technically ungifted.

If I was a manager I’d make damn sure that any youngster I signed was reasonably intelligent and had what is often called a football brain.

As an example: Since he came to Spain I’ve been watching Trippier a lot playing for Atletico. Apart from the fact that Simeone always has his team well drilled, for me Trippier is a prime example of a player, playing well at the highest level with just the minimum of technical ability, because he uses his limited assets – crossing, throw but above all else being in the right place and releasing the ball at the right time.

Now Missilou, Sylla, Branger and to a lesser extent Maouche are just the opposite of this they still haven’t learned what the game is about, and need constant coaching. Learning difficulties which for me make them  intellectually challenged.

My God you chat some balls. Compare Messi with Rowe while you're on a roll

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Well he’s pissed Morais off with the shouting to the point he’s now not playing. So different to Clarke.

Thought it was the dispute about the pen?

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Morais should be starting every game right now, the fact that he isn't, tells you all you need to know about the master tactician 

I'd also like to have Morais playing. If he hasn't gone I hope they can sort it out.

6 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

I think maouche is the total opposite. I think he isn't as effective as he should be because the rest of the squad isn't up to his brain. He sees things ahead of everyone else and gets frustrated because others arent seeing it

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

I think maouche is the total opposite. I think he isn't as effective as he should be because the rest of the squad isn't up to his brain. He sees things ahead of everyone else and gets frustrated because others arent seeing it

Well if hes always a step ahead of everyoneelse and isn't starting games then no doubt we will be getting alot of offers for him this January then.....

18 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

What you won’t get to hear or see on ifollow is that Dino appears to think he is playing some sort of weird version of chess.

One where he very loudly needs to shout at the players to tell them exactly where to stand.

The rules of the game also include only calling your pieces by their surname. 

Now, sometimes on the sideline you can see things going on that in the pitch you can’t and some guidance might be helpful I understand, but these are professional footballers, they don’t need their every single movement controlling. 

Archived