Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

1 hour ago, Agnus UK said:

Big fan of Maouche loves a sulk but obviously technically better than League 2.

He'll no doubt leave on a free and storm it at some other side next season.

Having met him, he's a very friendly guy,  the impression of sulking may come from frustration with others.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well if hes always a step ahead of everyoneelse and isn't starting games then no doubt we will be getting alot of offers for him this January then.....

He must be one of AL's players worth £500,000!

Dino probably has three more games.  Salford must already have been discounted - more a question of how many.  Mansfield is definitely another crunch game where even a draw will not be good enough.  A draw against Bradford would be OK but only if we beat Mansfield.

Marco & Mo like to bring in replacements once the window has closed but I suspect it will be someone from within.

56 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Dino probably has three more games.  Salford must already have been discounted - more a question of how many.  Mansfield is definitely another crunch game where even a draw will not be good enough.  A draw against Bradford would be OK but only if we beat Mansfield.

Marco & Mo like to bring in replacements once the window has closed but I suspect it will be someone from within.

They've made five signings in the window so far...

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Not sure if Glossop's point is being missed deliberately or not, but it's pretty clear to me he's saying if Maouche is too good for the rest of the squad how come we aren't fighting off other teams for him? 

Recruit, develop, sell on apparently.  Lets cash in on him then!

Indeed 5 transfer windows (6 if you count Jan 18)  into the Lemsagams reign and the transfer fees gained from the sale of the players they have brought in stands at steady and unfluctuating £0.

I sound like I've got a massive downer on Maouche and Ive probably been too harsh on him on here. But what I think he is, is what he is now which is an option from midfield more often than not from the bench for side fighting relegation from league 2. Their are a couple of times recently where hes come on and looked good and created the odd chance, it was crying out for him the other week at Stevenage as knowone was taking care of the ball.

The trouble is he's not consistent enough to be a certain starter. 

What I find hard to understand is why some have him down as a mercurial talent who when the mood takes him can win a game he isn't good enough for that. Thats why after here he will probably leave England and end up in an obscure league in Europe.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

What I find hard to understand is why some have him down as a mercurial talent who when the mood takes him can win a game he isn't good enough for that. 

Yeah. Even on the rare occasion's he's been good - by his standards - he's still never produced a performance anywhere near what could be described as "running a game"/"taking a game by the scruff of the neck" which is the benchmark for the type of player he is...

Think Wellens/Shez/Murray/Kilkenny/Dale Stephens/ Baxter 1st time round/Jack Byrne even - all cultured midfielders who could pass, dribble, score, entertain or all of those things on a regular basis.

He's done it for 10 or 15 minutes 2 or 3 times a season for 3 years....

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Yeah. Even on the rare occasion's he's been good - by his standards - he's still never produced a performance anywhere near what could be described as "running a game" which is the benchmark for the type of player he is...

Think Wellens/Shez/Murray/Kilkenny/Dale Stephens/ Baxter 1st time round/Jack Byrne even - all cultured midfielders who could pass, dribble, score, entertain or all of those things on a regular basis.

He's done it for 10 or 15 minutes 2 or 3 times a season for 3 years....

Did well in front of the cameras for the Mansfield game as I remember.

Morais was great for us first time round, but is now slower than the goalposts and completely out of the game after 60 minutes. 

Calls for him to be in the team when debating whether Maouche should play.... Seriously, is this just a sympathy thing 🤷‍♂️?  Looks like he's been treated badly, sure, but I can't see what he brings to the midfield other than slowing play down and missing every pass not played into his feet. 

15 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Morais was great for us first time round, but is now slower than the goalposts and completely out of the game after 60 minutes. 

Calls for him to be in the team when debating whether Maouche should play.... Seriously, is this just a sympathy thing 🤷‍♂️?  Looks like he's been treated badly, sure, but I can't see what he brings to the midfield other than slowing play down and missing every pass not played into his feet. 

ive said this and slated for it.. too slow.. better of without him..

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He started first few games quite well but I'm unsure as to whether he is still up to it. Be a better LB than Iacovitti though so he has that going for him

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He started first few games quite well but I'm unsure as to whether he is still up to it. Be a better LB than Iacovitti though so he has that going for him

Probably be a better manager than Dino too 

31 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

What a silly twat he is, not only is he a terrible manager but to go on radio manchester and call for the fans to stop the negativity against the owner he can now fuck off...

The bloke on Steds no longer has my backing..

Dino, AL, MO and Fat Baz are all up each other's arses, time for them all to fuck off.

Id like to keep a manager for at least three transfer windows but if I’m honest I’m not bothered if Dino goes, But I don’t trust the current owners to get it right with a replacement  at all  I’ve just stopped listening to his after match interviews I feel much better for it 

Archived