Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

15 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

What you won’t get to hear or see on ifollow is that Dino appears to think he is playing some sort of weird version of chess.

One where he very loudly needs to shout at the players to tell them exactly where to stand.

The rules of the game also include only calling your pieces by their surname. 

Now, sometimes on the sideline you can see things going on that in the pitch you can’t and some guidance might be helpful I understand, but these are professional footballers, they don’t need their every single movement controlling. 

Annoys me so much that he tells players where to stand at corners. Should this be worked on in the training ground. 

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Annoys me so much that he tells players where to stand at corners. Should this be worked on in the training ground. 

Playing devils advocate abit here but Im pretty sure a criticism of so many previous managers was "He stands motionless on the touchline"

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

We had one of them, our fans wanted rid cos he single-handedly got the club relegated.

Farcical isn’t it. Jack Byrne said recently on a podcast that he had loads of offers whilst with us but resigned for us because of Wellens. 

Can’t imagine a single ‘quality’ player signing for us because of Maamria.

2 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Farcical isn’t it. Jack Byrne said recently on a podcast that he had loads of offers whilst with us but resigned for us because of Wellens. 

One of the more short sighted decisions of recent times and there's been a few.

5 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Chris McCann?

I sound like Im rigorously defending the manager. Its not that its just people are distracting themselves from what is the real problem. 

20 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

So many clued up young coaches in the lower leagues that should get opportunities rather than old failed managers being recycled 

Plenty on here too by reading some of this bollox. Some have obviously been watching too much of Neville and Carragher doing their expert analysis 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Chris McCann?

I sound like Im rigorously defending the manager. Its not that its just people are distracting themselves from what is the real problem. 

He was just desperate for a team after coming back from the states.

I after the major problem is AL however if by some miracle that was sorted I would still have zero confidence in Maamria being the coach to take us forward, to recruit wisely and to develop players 

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Plenty on here too by reading some of this bollox. Some have obviously been watching too much of Neville and Carragher doing their expert analysis 

I’m 3rd in the OWTB fantasy league so reckon I’m fairly clued up.

10 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

He was just desperate for a team after coming back from the states.

I after the major problem is AL however if by some miracle that was sorted I would still have zero confidence in Maamria being the coach to take us forward, to recruit wisely and to develop players 

If AL goes then their is a good chance Maamria will end up following them out the door.

The whole club needs gutting.

But for now we just need to get enough points not to finish bottom.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If AL goes then their is a good chance Maamria will end up following them out the door.

The whole club needs gutting.

But for now we just need to get enough points not to finish bottom.

Bang on! :applause1:

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'll try again

So your telling me that Maouche is the most intelligent player at the club? Surely other teams will want a player like that right?

Not when they come to see him play and he doesn't stand out. That ball he played against mansfield last season for nepo first.... noone in the ground or watching on tv saw that pass. Even watching it back I still dont see how he saw it. Maouche has the problem that he can either make that pass and look stupid because 99 times out of 100 noone will be there or he doesn't make the pass because he knows noone will be there so turns around in to trouble. Recently hes played tidy and I'm glad hes showing something. The problem with that though is hes being tidy way too far back because of dino ridiculous stance on keeping the exact shape for 90 mins every week

11 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Not when they come to see him play and he doesn't stand out. That ball he played against mansfield last season for nepo first.... noone in the ground or watching on tv saw that pass. Even watching it back I still dont see how he saw it. Maouche has the problem that he can either make that pass and look stupid because 99 times out of 100 noone will be there or he doesn't make the pass because he knows noone will be there so turns around in to trouble. Recently hes played tidy and I'm glad hes showing something. The problem with that though is hes being tidy way too far back because of dino ridiculous stance on keeping the exact shape for 90 mins every week

Chris don't you argue against Maouche being "all that", if 99 times out of 100 he makes a bad pass?

I know what you are saying, that he does try to play the ball in behind, but he needs to pay that ball when someone is moving.  The manager is the one who needs to get the front line looking for the ball in behind.  That is just not happening.

I have no time for his frustrations BTW.  When it goes wrong, re-engage!  Don't stand there looking to the heavens while the opposition leaves you and you never manage to get defensive shape back. 

55 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Chris don't you argue against Maouche being "all that", if 99 times out of 100 he makes a bad pass?

I know what you are saying, that he does try to play the ball in behind, but he needs to pay that ball when someone is moving.  The manager is the one who needs to get the front line looking for the ball in behind.  That is just not happening.

I have no time for his frustrations BTW.  When it goes wrong, re-engage!  Don't stand there looking to the heavens while the opposition leaves you and you never manage to get defensive shape back. 

I didn't say he makes 99 bad passes out of 100. I said exactly what u said in that theres noone moving for him. Any player would get frustrated. I think Baxter had the same problem. The manager isn't playing to any of the players strengths and it's not just maouche

15 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

So one pass 9 months ago makes him somekind of Johan Cruyff does it?

Like I said other clubs will have players that make those runs and be wanting some visionary player just to play him in so we will be fighting them off to keep him here. 

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like I said other clubs will have players that make those runs and be wanting some visionary player just to play him in so we will be fighting them off to keep him here. 

Played 2 amazing balls to Dearnley in the last 5 mins of Carlisle game, he just did fuck all with them

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whole host of clubs here and abroad be wanting a player like that, smart thing would be to tie him down to a 6 year contract.

32 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Played 2 amazing balls to Dearnley in the last 5 mins of Carlisle game, he just did fuck all with them

Not sure if Glossop's point is being missed deliberately or not, but it's pretty clear to me he's saying if Maouche is too good for the rest of the squad how come we aren't fighting off other teams for him? 

Recruit, develop, sell on apparently.  Lets cash in on him then!

Archived