Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A really good post, I'm concerned about yet another change of manager because I don't think any manager has really had the opportunity to succeed or fail since we fell in League Two and I'm not sure any manager will succeed with our current owners in charge.  But when you break it down like that it doesn't paint Dino in a good light.

Sheridan in even semi-normal circumstances would know what to do with us, but there's no way that he should (or will) come back with the Lemsagams in charge.

Other than that, there isn't enough joined up thinking from our owners to say that any head coach would fit into whatever the hell the club is trying to do.  It's such a poisoned chalice.

Makes you wonder why plenty of our fans seem to think we should be doing better. Or maybe I am just too accepting of mediocrity...

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Yep.

The keepers are OK although, if there's better available, it wouldn't do any harm to upgrade.

Hamer is OK but has gone backwards under Dino.

Could a better manager get more out of Wheater? I think so.

Stott was OK when he was in. 

Piergianni looks like he needs little managing, seems as genuine as they come and looks a solid player for this level.

Mills is ok and can cover both fullback positions but we're crying out for a proper left back. 

McCann, Jones, Missilou, Sylla, Mills again are all fine for a League Two midfield.

Morais improved us but clearly Dino couldn't manage him, probably didn't have the wit to tap into his experience either. 

Smith is better than this level.

Nepo & Branger both offer something if used well.

As did Eagles - see Morais...

Wilson has been used terribly. Nobody can't say for sure but I reckon he'd be good for a solid 10 or 12 goals + over a season.

He'd certainly get more than Azankpo. 

There are several variations of an 11 there with a mix of experience & potential that a better manager could surely have had higher up the table than Big Arms has us.....

Dino can’t handle a player who may have a bigger ego than himself in the changing room. This is why eagles didn’t get a shot and was binned off and the same has now happened to Morais.

I would liked to have seen more of Eagles as he had quality in the brief mins he had on the pitch and he could certainly play well with someone like Rowe as his football brain is better than the rest we have. 

Morais wanted to be here long term and AL wants him here but Dino has said he won’t play him. 

Shame really as Dinos stubbornness certainly plays into the reason we are playing like utter dog 💩 (apart from maybe the first 10mins of saturdays match) 

Interesting reading. Sometimes, I step back from football and look at "life experience" when trying to analyse situations. Those in middle age (me!) will, I`m sure, have worked in places with reasonable talent around (and some excellent talent) and yet the "results" just aren't there (business, customer service or job satisfaction results that is). In my experience that has often been due to a toxic atmosphere filtering down from the top which eventually suppresses all positivity and the talent "hides away".

Then, there is a change at the top (or a benign takeover) and those involved are great "people managers". Lo and behold, it's like a miracle. The talent starts to show what they can do and team spirit and general morale rise significantly.

That's the only conclusion I can now reach regarding Latics i.e. not so much "the manager's lost the dressing room" but "the regime has lost almost everyone below".

All regimes, even toxic ones, will attract their sycophants and we are no different.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Interesting reading. Sometimes, I step back from football and look at "life experience" when trying to analyse situations. Those in middle age (me!) will, I`m sure, have worked in places with reasonable talent around (and some excellent talent) and yet the "results" just aren't there (business, customer service or job satisfaction results that is). In my experience that has often been due to a toxic atmosphere filtering down from the top which eventually suppresses all positivity and the talent "hides away".

Then, there is a change at the top (or a benign takeover) and those involved are great "people managers". Lo and behold, it's like a miracle. The talent starts to show what they can do and team spirit and general morale rise significantly.

That's the only conclusion I can now reach regarding Latics i.e. not so much "the manager's lost the dressing room" but "the regime has lost almost everyone below".

All regimes, even toxic ones, will attract their sycophants and we are no different.

It’s just a shame their on the board with him. 

32 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Dino can’t handle a player who may have a bigger ego than himself in the changing room. This is why eagles didn’t get a shot and was binned off and the same has now happened to Morais.

I would liked to have seen more of Eagles as he had quality in the brief mins he had on the pitch and he could certainly play well with someone like Rowe as his football brain is better than the rest we have. 

Morais wanted to be here long term and AL wants him here but Dino has said he won’t play him. 

Shame really as Dinos stubbornness certainly plays into the reason we are playing like utter dog 💩 (apart from maybe the first 10mins of saturdays match) 

This all started away at Morecambe with both Morais and Maouche, neither took kindly to being subbed,

the head shaking and moaning about it continued on the bench but I would have thought Dino could see past that.

Morais should be playing his part in our survival.

Racism case against Mark Sampson dismissed. Dino and Uzunhasanoglu made the allegations. 

Mark Sampson: Stevenage coach's charge of using racist language not proven

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51179711 

https://www.stevenagefc.com/siteassets/club/documents/the-fa-v-mark-sampson---written-reasons-2020---final.pdf 

17 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

This all started away at Morecambe with both Morais and Maouche, neither took kindly to being subbed,

the head shaking and moaning about it continued on the bench but I would have thought Dino could see past that.

Morais should be playing his part in our survival.

He also said in a recent interview that after we'd lost those 3 in a row the team spirit was good, no players fell out with each other (or words to that effect) as if that was a good thing.

They should be calling each other out at the very least. Shez would want them scrapping. 

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

I am guessing, but maybe Morais didn't get on with Dino at Stevenage and the issues have carried on here. It may have been why Morais wanted out and his worst nightmare came about when Dino rocked up here.

16 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I am guessing, but maybe Morais didn't get on with Dino at Stevenage and the issues have carried on here. It may have been why Morais wanted out and his worst nightmare came about when Dino rocked up here.

I think they had a run in in the past when Morais was at Crawley and Maamria was at Stevenage 

56 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Racism case against Mark Sampson dismissed. Dino and Uzunhasanoglu made the allegations. 

Mark Sampson: Stevenage coach's charge of using racist language not proven

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51179711 

https://www.stevenagefc.com/siteassets/club/documents/the-fa-v-mark-sampson---written-reasons-2020---final.pdf 

All a bit grubby that innit....

Very grubby .... I am well aware of issues caused to my company (around 59% of our fraud) from the country in question. There are schools that teach it ... families that pass on tricks of the trade. Yet  we have several well educated and quite brilliant analysts who’s figures and facts point this out..... take out the B word and you have something as offensive as the pistols line never trust a hippie! Did they install a shite magnet when they replaced the pitch 

5 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Very grubby .... I am well aware of issues caused to my company (around 59% of our fraud) from the country in question. There are schools that teach it ... families that pass on tricks of the trade. Yet  we have several well educated and quite brilliant analysts who’s figures and facts point this out..... take out the B word and you have something as offensive as the pistols line never trust a hippie! Did they install a shite magnet when they replaced the pitch 

I'm sorry but have I missed something here, it may be me. 

50 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Not officially now. Dino wants rid...AL doesn’t so see what happens. Morais may as well wait a week or 2 as Dino could get the boot!

Imagine if Morais is actually being lined up to take over from Big Arms, having previously been a player/manager with Crawley.

This way A.L could actually be on the field of play through Morais's ear piece 😂

Just now, OLDHAMADE said:

Imagine if Morais is actually being lined up to take over from Big Arms, having previously been a player/manager with Crawley.

This way A.L could actually be on the field of play through Morais's ear piece 😂

Haha Morais defo has one eye on management! 

Archived